Jon's dilemma: What would Ned do?

DisneyDoc2425

9 hours ago, Podspackage said:

one question i do have about Ned though is why did he never tell Cat about Jon? i could understand in the early years as they were pretty much strangers to other, but as the years went on and it was clear Cat was loyal to the family and could see Cat was still really struggling with the thought of Ned having a child with someone else why he didn't tell her.

So long as Robert lived there was always a chance the King would find out and demand Jon's head. Ned kept the circle of knowledge to two and took no risks. 

Had he not died so soon after Robert, I imagine Ned might have told Cat at last. 

8 hours ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Ned’s parents were cousins. Right?  Really don’t think he would care about Jon and Dany as a couple. 

Aunt/nephew is closer than cousins. Closer still in this case because Jon's father and Danny both were the product of incest, and who knows how many brother-sister pairings there were back in the bloodline. 

7 hours ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Hmm. But end result is Jon took the vows. If Ned had the chance to talk to him after Jon wouldn’t be able to challenge Robert. So why should he be able to challenge Dany?

Because he got stabbed through the heart. 

Ned would have told Jon to protect his people in the North. In this case it may mean that he needs to persuade Dany to give up the crown and tell/ask her people to back Jon as King. Some houses are not joining them in the war because Jon is not in charge now. Maybe getting them together is important.

Dragons don't really like staying in North. This makes Dany uncomfortable.

Archived