Kingslayer - Jaime kills the Night King

How would you react if Jaime of all people was the one to defeat the Night King?

Kingslayer would become a Hero of Legend.
And maybe after that he would become Hand of the Queen and be known has Goldenhand The Just.

The irony would be that GRRM/D&D would make us love the character we hated since Episode 1 the one who tried to kill a 10 year old boy for love.

Disclaimer: To me Jaime is one of the most interesting characters of ASOIF and best arc in the books and also show. A true tragic hero/anti-hero.

I don't think it would be entirely shocking, he is the kingslayer after all. Wouldn't it be fitting if his fake golden hand is what saves him? The Night King swings his weapon and Jaimes fake hand catches it, and he doesn't turn to ice and bust like all humans do, the Nights king hesitates and Jaime uses widows wail to kill him. 

5 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

How would you react if Jaime of all people was the one to defeat the Night King?

Kingslayer would become a Hero of Legend.
And maybe after that he would become Hand of the Queen and be known has Goldenhand The Just.

The irony would be that GRRM/D&D would make us love the character we hated since Episode 1 the one who tried to kill a 10 year old boy for love.

Disclaimer: To me Jaime is one of the most interesting characters of ASOIF and best arc in the books and also show. A true tragic hero/anti-hero.

Anything is a possible to be honest. Jaime has been redeeming himself since Season 3. Unlike most people in Westeros, he can admit his flaws. He has more than made up for pushing Bran. He continues to get even better, I can't wait to see where they take him next. As for him being the King Slayer, that is not a bad thing. King Aerys was a physcopath who wanted to burn a city and everyone in it. He done the world a favour and got treated like shit for it. 

The reception he supposedly recieves at Winterfell doesnt seem entirely fair. Yes, the Starks have everything right to hate him over what he done to Bran, but he did come up North, knowing he would probably get a bad reception, and risking his life, to help them fight. They could acknowledge that. As for Danaerys, but of an extreme reaction, she knows what her father used to do to people, and yet she is still treating Jaime so bad for killing him, she had her brother Viserys killed for doing far less worse things than Aerys, bit hypocritical. 

I think Jaime's crowning moment will be killing Cersei, I have a feeling she/Tyrion and Jaime will meet face to face and in a twist similar to when Darth Vader throws the emperor over the balcony he will come to Tyrions aid.

I know many wont think its much of a twist since he has left Cersei to go north but I still feel if she bats her eyelids and says the right things he will always run to her.

So for him to have Cersei's death and the NK would be too much glory for one man.

My money is on Sam killing the NK when the NK has Jon pinned from behind.

I think Jamie kills the NK personally. It makes a lot of sense for his show character arc. His whole life is defined by being a king slayer. As far as him killing Cersei as well, I don't know. It just seems like a lot of travel for him to do but who knows.

While I think Jaime killing the NK would be poetic and a good turn of events for his character, I don't think it will happen. IMO, the only person that will kill the NK will be Jon. They've had multiple faceoffs throughout the seasons. I see it as foreshadowing the final confrontation. 

On 4/18/2019 at 9:04 PM, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

I would even like the idea. I hope Arya will have significant influence and success in the battle against White Walkers, but if Jamie were to kill the Nightking that would be fine with me.

Indeed it would.

To me Jaime is one of the most interesting characters of ASOIF and best arc in the books and also show. A true tragic hero/anti-hero.

Yes, he has a very interesting and positive arc. From kingslayer, asshole villain, incestuous relation and arrogant King's guard up to honor, keeping his word, friendship and mutual respect with Brienne and fighting for the living, breaking with Cersei for the greater good. I enjoy Jamie's arc, too.

However, Arya has a very interesting arc, too, from sweet tomboy, a lot of hardship, faceless men to return to "the pack" -- as well as Sansa from naive and dumb wannabe-queen girl up to a cunning player of the game of thrones. I don't really see real smartness in her, but she understood the game, the learned after all, she is quite cunning now.

12 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

I would even like the idea. I hope Arya will have significant influence and success in the battle against White Walkers, but if Jamie were to kill the Nightking that would be fine with me.

Indeed it would.

Yes, he has a very interesting and positive arc. From kingslayer, asshole villain, incestuous relation and arrogant King's guard up to honor, keeping his word, friendship and mutual respect with Brienne and fighting for the living, breaking with Cersei for the greater good. I enjoy Jamie's arc, too.

However, Arya has a very interesting arc, too, from sweet tomboy, a lot of hardship, faceless men to return to "the pack" -- as well as Sansa from naive and dumb wannabe-queen girl up to a cunning player of the game of thrones. I don't really see real smartness in her, but she understood the game, the learned after all, she is quite cunning now.

I agree with Arya and Sansa but in the books they have not grown into fierce shewolves yet. And in the show I dont think Arya's arc was well executed, the House of Black and White was very dull and the Waif part was borderline terrible. 

The same with Sansa, they failed to show how she learned her way in Kingslanding Court, she was allways being rescued by friends and too passive. We are still being told by show characters that Sansa is somehow super smart but she's never shown it really.

1 minute ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

We are still being told by show characters that Sansa is somehow super smart but she's never shown it really.

I am annoyed by that, too.. Sansa understood the game, she learned, she got cunning. But "very smart" is something else entirely.

On 4/18/2019 at 7:18 PM, cirah1712 said:

Anything is a possible to be honest. Jaime has been redeeming himself since Season 3. Unlike most people in Westeros, he can admit his flaws. He has more than made up for pushing Bran. He continues to get even better, I can't wait to see where they take him next. As for him being the King Slayer, that is not a bad thing. King Aerys was a physcopath who wanted to burn a city and everyone in it. He done the world a favour and got treated like shit for it. 

The reception he supposedly recieves at Winterfell doesnt seem entirely fair. Yes, the Starks have everything right to hate him over what he done to Bran, but he did come up North, knowing he would probably get a bad reception, and risking his life, to help them fight. They could acknowledge that. As for Danaerys, but of an extreme reaction, she knows what her father used to do to people, and yet she is still treating Jaime so bad for killing him, she had her brother Viserys killed for doing far less worse things than Aerys, bit hypocritical. 

she just wants to kill everyone that has done bad things to her family. if i remember right she had visery killed for threatening her unborn son. do jon, sansa and arya know that jamie push bran?

1 hour ago, princess brittany said:

she just wants to kill everyone that has done bad things to her family.if i remember right she had visery killed for threatening her unborn son. do jon, sansa and arya know that jamie push bran?

Daenerys didn't have Viserys killed because he threatened her unborn son.

Drogo had Viserys killed because he threatened his unborn son and his wife, who he loved.
(And because he broke the Dothraki taboo by bringing a weapon into Vaes Dothrak, but that seems like a minor point compared to the rest.)
Huge difference.

One can hardly blame Daenerys for standing idly by and letting it happen either.
Viserys was an abusive cunt who had tormented her her entire life. Him essentially threatening to kill her and her unborn son was the straw that broke the camels back.

On 4/18/2019 at 5:18 PM, cirah1712 said:

I feel like a lot of people are forgetting that he killed the Karstark son in the war camp prison, as well as a bunch of Northern soldiers as they tried to capture him. That and the fact that Catlynn releasing him was a major factor in the Karstark Lord killing the Lannister kids, which directly led to the beheading of said Lord, and the doom of the original KITN. 

You can argue it was a major reason, along with the Talissa storyline, that the Bolton's betrayed the Starks at the Red Wedding. 

Honestly, I love Jaime now, but he shouldn't leave that meeting alive. I feel that, like many of the poor GOT storytelling decisions of late, the entire focus on S8E2 will be on Danny's Jaime hate(stupid for her to hold such a grudge knowing who her father really was), and Bran (who will obviously forgive him), vs the hate of the Northern Lords that have true reason to want him dead. 

On 4/18/2019 at 7:18 PM, cirah1712 said:

Uh, Jaime's sister-lover just went Mad Queen and he didn't do squat to her.

His redemptive arc stopped back in season Four when he released Tyrion. He was acting like season One Jaime again when he retook the Riverlands. 

3 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Daenerys didn't have Viserys killed because he threatened her unborn son.

Drogo had Viserys killed because he threatened his unborn son and his wife, who he loved.
(And because he broke the Dothraki taboo by bringing a weapon into Vaes Dothrak, but that seems like a minor point compared to the rest.)
Huge difference.

One can hardly blame Daenerys for standing idly by and letting it happen either.
Viserys was an abusive cunt who had tormented her her entire life. Him essentially threatening to kill her and her unborn son was the straw that broke the camels back.

he was the worst !

8 minutes ago, Remember said:

I feel like a lot of people are forgetting that he killed the Karstark son in the war camp prison, as well as a bunch of Northern soldiers as they tried to capture him. That and the fact that Catlynn releasing him was a major factor in the Karstark Lord killing the Lannister kids, which directly led to the beheading of said Lord, and the doom of the original KITN. 

You can argue it was a major reason, along with the Talissa storyline, that the Bolton's betrayed the Starks at the Red Wedding. 

Honestly, I love Jaime now, but he shouldn't leave that meeting alive. I feel that, like many of the poor GOT storytelling decisions of late, the entire focus on S8E2 will be on Danny's Jaime hate(stupid for her to hold such a grudge knowing who her father really was), and Bran (who will obviously forgive him), vs the hate of the Northern Lords that have true reason to want him dead. 

To be fair, he also killed his own cousin to escape. 

I don't know what the customs are for Westetosi POWs of noble rank. Whether they're supposed to be on their honor or whether they have a duty to try and break free. But Jaime will be able to say he came through on the terms of his release. Which Brienne can back up. And I'm not certain there's anyone of note left who knows how Cat betrayed her son. Or that Robb put her under guard. 

Jaime will likely be judged more harshly for being a Lannister and profiting from their atrocities. The Red Wedding, blowing up the Sept, etc. Perhaps worst of all, diddling his sister and defrauding the realm into accepting his illegitimate sons as king. 

6 hours ago, darmody said:

Jaime will likely be judged more harshly for being a Lannister and profiting from their atrocities. The Red Wedding, blowing up the Sept, etc. Perhaps worst of all, diddling his sister and defrauding the realm into accepting his illegitimate sons as king. 

My guess is that all forces of Winterfell will unite for the Great War. Bran will let Jamie off the hook. 

Jamie is not personally responsible for the Red Wedding. The mastermind behind the Red Wedding was Tywin Lannister.

Blowing up the Sept is no issue for the Northern people anyway, and it was Cersei, not Jamie. The illegitimate children is more an issue between Robert and Cersei than of Jamie. 

Jamie will be challenged for pushing Bran -- if this is known. Jamie confessed to Catelyn, so it might be known after all. 

Jamie will have to tell them that Cersei betrayed the North and no Lannister armies will come. This will be a turning point for Tyrion, too, who had not given a single good advice to Daenerys so far. He's the worst Hand ever.

5 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

He's the worst Hand ever.

Yeah, seems all the wine and alcohol finally started affecting his brain.
I love(d) Tyrion, but he's been remarkably stupid for the last 2 seasons.

Unless there really is a plot where he plans on betraying Daenerys in favor of Cersei, which would be so out of character for him that they'd ruin the character completely.

5 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

which would be so out of character for him that they'd ruin the character completely.

Well, Tyrion once told "I never bet against my family", referring to Jamie, but phrasing it quite generally. Cersei and Tyrion are enemies, but Tyrion is still a Lannister. He certainly had mixed feeling when he saw Daenerys and Drogon destroying the Lannister army in S7.

We still don't know what Cersei and Tyrion talked about and agreed upon in the private session after the dragon pit demonstration. So, yes, Tyrion might betray Daenerys or he might think he found the "extra-smart" splution and is simply betrayed by Cersei once again.

10 hours ago, darmody said:

Uh, Jaime's sister-lover just went Mad Queen and he didn't do squat to her.

His redemptive arc stopped back in season Four when he released Tyrion. He was acting like season One Jaime again when he retook the Riverlands. 

He had to do what Cersai told him to do, or he would have most likely been imprisoned or killed. He finally got away from her and she wants him dead? Leaving Cersai to go fight for the Starks was something season 1 Jaime wouldn't have even joked about? Are you telling me he's gone back to how he used to be? 

Archived