Kingslayer - Jaime kills the Night King

It wouldn't make much sense though.

There is no connection between the two, heck it would make more sense if Bran was the one who defeated the NK. Yes Jamie has the title, killed a king a long time ago but that's about it. Jon is the one who has faced off against the NK (encountered is a better word) so it would kind of be fitting if they conclude that. They came close twice. Third times the charm.

It would be poetic if Jamie faced off vs. Cersei.

It would be nice if the writers could surprise us but I guess Jon's the big contender for the title. There's no NK in the books so I wonder if GRRM intended Azor Ahai to be the best swordsman or rather the best military leader. And having Sam as the almost accidental killer of NK is not very satisfying though I guess it's a more likely happy ending than Jaime fighting NK.

And the NK will die (or at least driven away), so we won't have someone who's competent to do a big exodus towards Essos.

Personally I like the scenario where Jaime stabs Cersei in the womb and afterwards a flaming sword into the NK but that's not what's in store for us.

What I would personally love is for it to be a huge joint effort, which hopefully it will be.  Multiple of them facing off with the night king saving each other from imminent death, while some dying in their place.  The final blow, I don't think should go to Jon or Dany, Jaime would definitely be solid, i mean shit, even if it was Pod that would be awesome.  Something a bit different than the typical trope, but if it is, I guess that is okay to. 

Archived