Cersei's "everything that you hold dear"

First of Her Name

I'm trying to work out the prophecy for Cersei. So I get of course her three kids are dead now and they had gold hair. And people focus on the valonqar, which I suspect is Jaime, but I am wondering about the younger more beautiful queen who will cast her down and take "everything that you [Cersei] hold dear" 

What does Cersei hold dear now? Obvs only that pregnancy. That's all she cares about now. So a young, beautiful queen is going to come take that from her? 

When has that happened before? Only by magic when Dany lost her baby to Mirri Maz Duur's magic. 

Can Dany cause Cersei to lose her baby the same way? Can she use it to pay for life? What life will she pay for? 

Maybe I'm focusing too much on "all that you hold dear," but I was just pondering it and it's so very clear that all Cersei cares about is her pregnancy - which the prophecy has told us will not result in the birth of a live child - that I have to think that is what the younger, more beautiful queen will take from her. 

I'm pretty sure that line was also in the books right? If so, in the books Cersei really doesn't care about her children all that much, she mostly sees them as extensions of herself. So I feel like the "everything you hold dear" is more to do with her power and Queenship than her children. 

I agree with the others. I think 'everything she holds dear' more so speaks to her power verses her unborn child. 

So who is the Younger, More Beautiful Queen? Well, Margaery is dead so it isn't her.  So the only ones it could be are Dany or Sansa. Dany for obvious reasons. Sansa because she was originally set to be Queen and who knows, maybe somehow she becomes Queen at the end if Dany dies idk. 

I have suspected the Hound will do in Cersei from the start. He was defined by the fact he was Gregor's brother. I also get the feeling he will kill Cersei to save Arya.

Sansa looks set to be warden of the North as Jon moves up to the King of the seven kingdoms slot. Can't see her taking Jamie though, she is already married to Tyrion.

I think the 'taking everything' comment would be fully taken by Jamie switching to team Danny.

Cersei cares about one thing and one thing only - POWER.  Why else would she want Jaime and Tyrion killed?  Because they stand in the way of her keeping power.  I am one who does not believe Cersei loved her children.  Cersei says she does, over and over again, and methinks the lady does protest too much.  Her children were a reflection of her.  Now her children are gone but her two brothers could get in her way.  You know, it is sad to think that Jaime has been a faithful lover to Cersei, while she now wants him dead.

1 hour ago, Pandean said:

I agree with the others. I think 'everything she holds dear' more so speaks to her power verses her unborn child. 

Cersei isn't pregnant. She has cancer of the womb, its a phantom pregnancy.

Either that or the baby dies in childbirth, is wighted and chokes her.

7 minutes ago, hallam said:

Cersei isn't pregnant. She has cancer of the womb, its a phantom pregnancy.

Either that or the baby dies in childbirth, is wighted and chokes her.

hah I never thought about that.. say a wildling woman north of the wall gets pregnant.. 8 months in the fetus dies for whatever reason.. does it turn into a wight while still in her belly?

18 hours ago, First of Her Name said:

I'm trying to work out the prophecy for Cersei. So I get of course her three kids are dead now and they had gold hair. And people focus on the valonqar, which I suspect is Jaime, 

Valonqar is a book-only thing, it doesn't exist in the show. In the show, prophecy ends with "Gold will be their crowns, gold, their shrouds, LOL". There's no valonqar just like there's no Willas Tyrell.

1 hour ago, Zehde said:

Cersei can‘t have another child. She will have three, all blond, and all will die before her. So says Maggy the Frog

she had a black curly haired child that died first, so Maggy may not know all  =0

I'm waiting for another reveal, Cersei knows 3 is all she can have... and I believe this fact consumes her and I have a sneaky feeling Qyburn has been up to his old tricks to make a 4th possible....

I expect her baby to be born a monster and she dies not long after due to child birth... and for the first time in her life she feels guilt/remorse for how she treated Tyrion as her child is also a monster and she is dying and neither are the babies fault yet she still loves it.

Far stretch but would explain why she defied the prophecy and wrap up the confliction against Tyrion for killing their mother and constantly treating him like a monster.... Tyrion will raise the child.. as he has always had a soft spot for the crippled,strange… or whatever he said.

16 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

Why else would she want Jaime and Tyrion killed?  Because they stand in the way of her keeping power. 

Cersei hates Tyrion since his birth caused their mother to die. She hates him to be a small monster killing their mother. That is very clear in the show and in a weird way it makes sense. Her mother dying when Cersei was a very young girl is traumatic and she projected it all on Tyrion. Later Tyrion killed their father Tywin and Cersei hates him for that, too.

I wouldn't say she hates Jamie, but he disappointed her und in her crude way of thinking, the deceived her and committed treason by leaving her King's Landing und leaving her and the unborn child. Jamie decided not to be on her side anymore.

16 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

Cersei cares about one thing and one thing only - POWER. 

Well, Cersei cares about Cersei. And yes, power is important for her. Formerly, her children were very important to her, too. At least in the show she really cares for them. 

17 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Her children are dead, her parents are dead and her lover has left her for good.

Yep. That's it in a nutshell.

54 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Tyrion will raise the child.. as he has always had a soft spot for the crippled,strange… or whatever he said.

Funny thought, Cersei having a dwarf herself and Tyrion raising it. Funny, but not impossible. I like the idea.

"Cripples, bastards and broken things..." is the quote you were looking for, the title of S1E4 and a quote of Tyrion.

I seriously doubt Cerseis pregnancy. I see its started to be discussed but I don't think she is at all. I think she either was and already miscarried or her 'cycle' is interrupted by age and she thought she was. her psycho brain said ' eh, could happen' and bought her some time. Providing succession is half of regency (which scares the hell out of dany). Cersei didn't expect Jaime to suddenly grow a spine. Even while (maybe) wedding and bedding Euron she expected to birth 100% Lannister babies. (In the books she admits to terminating accidental Baratheon babies, I dont remember if she says this in the show)

12 hours ago, Bradam said:

she had a black curly haired child that died first, so Maggy may not know all  =0

The child must have been born dead. That would explain the black haired baby and the prophecy. All she ever said was that they lost their first boy.

Archived