Bronn and the pox

Gibbintroy

(First post, longtime lurker)

So what if Qyburn's line about the pox isn't a throw away line? What if it was foreshadowing about a disease that Bronn himself has.

We know he's a sell sword and stays true to that throughout the show - meaning, if Cersei paid him enough he may actually try and kill Jaime and Tyrion (not that I think that will necessarily happen). But we also know he's been with that woman and the pox is contagious.

So what if he finds out he's got the pox and knows his time in Westeros is limited? Maybe the money/castle won't matter. Possibly giving him incentive to ignore the financial offering from Qyborn/Cersei - betraying them.  We could find them in a situation where Cersie believes Bronn will finish one of them and he flips it around on her because there's no need to kill his friends if he is going to die himself.

Feel free to shoot this down. I just felt like the line was odd. We know Bronn loves whores, but that wasn't really a traditional GOT sex scene. So why have it - and why make the comment about the pox? There's other ways/times to get him the crossbow.

I think it was just suppose to be a funny line. If it was another character I could possibly see it being some kind of foreshadowing, but Bronn is pretty much just a comic relief character, whose only real role in the story is to be some lovable gary-stu rogue. 

Bronn has only carried so far because we love love love Jerome and he can singggg *boy can that boy sing. In the book bronn (so far) ends at tyrions imprisonment and his betrothal to the raped girl. Ilyn Payne accompanied Jaime to dorne to rescue myrcella ( trains with Jaime cuz he can't say shit about kingslayers -lack of- ability)

17 minutes ago, Roux said:

Bronn has only carried so far because we love love love Jerome and he can singggg *boy can that boy sing. In the book bronn (so far) ends at tyrions imprisonment and his betrothal to the raped girl. Ilyn Payne accompanied Jaime to dorne to rescue myrcella ( trains with Jaime cuz he can't say shit about kingslayers -lack of- ability)

They were planning to go that route on the show as well, but the actor that played Ilyn Payne had to quit due to health issues (thankfully he's fine now).

Over all I see it as a multipurpose throw away line. From a character point of view, I see the line as Qyburn's way to mess with Bronn. From an entertainment point of view, it was to add humor to the episode. From a story point of view, it was to reposition Bronn up north with the rest of the characters.

9 hours ago, Roux said:

They never rescue Myrcella in the books. They travel through the river lands, slowly making their way to the siege of Riverrun.

Archived