Dany Fleeing After Jon Reveal

HI all

got a feeling dany is going to leave on drogon once Jon reveals the news of his parent. She is totally in love with him and this is going to be devastating for her. Dany and drogon could give the north the edge in battle and the showrunners might not want this. I have a feeling she is going to leave and this is so sad. any thoughts? I mean this also means leaving her advisors and troops. how smug will the north feel then. I was hoping she would win over the north but I am not so sure now

I don't think she will leave-leave per say, she might need some time for herself though.

Dany should be torn upon hearing the news: Obviously surprised, but both agitated and elated. 

Agitated because her entire arc, the very thing that has defined her for so long, is being the last Targaryen and reclaming what she perceives as hers. Out of nowhere comes Jon, who technically is ahead of her in the line of succession which can ruin everything. (The fact that Jon doesn't have the power/military might necessary to enforce his claim is for a different topic.)
Basically she will feel that, if not her entire life, then at least a big part of it, has been a lie - ironically the same way Jon will feel now after hearing the news about his parentage - both having been defined and formed by something that ends up not being true.

Then on the flipside she should be elated about it. While this is more of a book-thing than show-thing, despite all her ruling, conquering and I'm-the-queen:ing, what Daenerys wants deep down is a family and a home (She even mentions this in S1 afaik to Jorah - "I pray for home too"). This is something she can never have, being the last Targaryen and not being able to have children on her own. We always miss what we don't have. 
Then out of no where comes Aegon Targaryen, suddenly she has blood-relative, she's not alone. Irony of fate that the same man also happens to be her current love interest. Even if Daenerys and Jon/Aegon end up not having any children (which I personally do believe they will), she knows that the Targaryen line won't necessarily end with her. Aegon/Jon will be able to live on and get children, and so the Targaryen line will continue.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing her reaction, because it can take any shape and form.
As long as she's not totally indifferent about it...

I feel her finding out (though it won't be next episode I think) is going to be the turning point of her character. She can either (at first) be upset over it and then reflect and realize that this is someone she loves, and together they can join forces, save the world whatever else and belong to a loving family. In the end, becoming the ultimate good person or character.

Or, she could get upset, demand the throne still, hate Jon and start a fight with him. Causing huge issues for everyone.

I don't think it will be that much of an in between. And if the story does have it go somewhere in between where she just doesn't really care, that I don't think will end well for the audience. Sounds awful already.

I hope its not a fight between the two of them. there is not much time and that's is the last thing I want to see. still both groups of advisors will push their claims (creating drammmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa), but I hope the two of them see sense (jon in particular as he is stubborn) and form a relationship together.

4 hours ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

HI all

got a feeling dany is going to leave on drogon once Jon reveals the news of his parent. She is totally in love with him and this is going to be devastating for her. Dany and drogon could give the north the edge in battle and the showrunners might not want this. I have a feeling she is going to leave and this is so sad. any thoughts? I mean this also means leaving her advisors and troops. how smug will the north feel then. I was hoping she would win over the north but I am not so sure now

I think she stays and doesn’t believe Sam and Bran. It will cause fraction but she is trying to win the north. Even if Jon keeps his oath she won’t trust him. 

6 hours ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

do u think she will take part in the battle of winterfell? 

Yes, unless something extremely unexpected happens in the next episode. 

1 hour ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

I think she stays and doesn’t believe Sam and Bran. It will cause fraction but she is trying to win the north. Even if Jon keeps his oath she won’t trust him.

That doesn't really make much sense though. Jon is probably one of, if not the most honest and trustworthy man she's ever met.
The guy even refused to tell a lie to Cersei and instead told the truth, all to his own detriment.

Add a sprinkle of Targaryen on top and he'll be a perfect 10/10 in her eyes. 

16 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Yes, unless something extremely unexpected happens in the next episode. 

That doesn't really make much sense though. Jon is probably one of, if not the most honest and trustworthy man she's ever met.
The guy even refused to tell a lie to Cersei and instead told the truth, all to his own detriment.

Add a sprinkle of Targaryen on top and he'll be a perfect 10/10 in her eyes. 

i agree to both. 

I can see Sansa using it as a power move. The North doesn't want to follow Dany but Sansa will push Jon to claim the throne with the north might support, leaving her as Ward of the North. As far as friction between Dany and Jon, I don't see that happening. Jon doesn't want the throne and will stay Dany can have. It will just encourage them to get married.

25 minutes ago, Bran Snow said:

I can see Sansa using it as a power move. The North doesn't want to follow Dany but Sansa will push Jon to claim the throne with the north might support, leaving her as Ward of the North. As far as friction between Dany and Jon, I don't see that happening. Jon doesn't want the throne and will stay Dany can have. It will just encourage them to get married.

His siblings/cousins and best friend encouraging him to the take throne would make him a problem for her. I don’t see how “I’m totally loyal to you but your future in laws want me to stab you in the back and take your crown” leads to happy marriage. 

I think everything is lining up for her to leave after being literally rejected by Sansa in the next episode, but leaving her army and Rhaegal for Jon to command and help out. I think she won’t be there when the NK arrives.

But she would be pondering what to do while at DS, and the outcome would either be Fire & Blood or she comes back to help and maybe finally earns their trust in doing so.

Bran can easily reveal something like the equivalent of the red door to Dany to make her realize he’s telling the truth.

21 hours ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

got a feeling dany is going to leave on drogon once Jon reveals the news of his parent

I don't think so. It's not like Dany to give up and flee. 

Maybe some dragon rides to think and cool off.

I don't think Dany would leave after learning about Jon.  I do think she might leave once she learns about Cersei's betrayal...We see the unsullied getting ready for the AoD, and Grey Worm leading them.  (so either she doesn't leave, or if she does, unsullied choose to stay and fight for the living).  Did we see any dothraki preparing for this battle? Maybe they follow her to go to Kings Landing? 

If Dany does leave early, I think it would only be for Cersei, and that might be why the show did such an oddly time Rhaegal ride - so he would stay with Jon to burn wights.

Dany probably leaves her army and Rhaegal at Jon’s command, but flies away to DS, maybe after Jon outright tells her she must live on if she doesn’t, maybe she finds out she is pregnant, or maybe she is outright told to bug off by Sansa and co and Jon doesn’t want to cause more problems. But I really think Dany skips this one out. Maybe Drogon even flies back to WF with Jon, who knows.

Dany would have some thinking to do. In the books she has a dream where she saves people fleeing from ice-armored enemies on the Trident, maybe after northeners flee the north, could be one way to regain their trust.

On 4/19/2019 at 1:47 PM, MinscS2 said:

Basically she will feel that, if not her entire life, then at least a big part of it, has been a lie - ironically the same way Jon will feel now after hearing the news about his parentage - both having been defined and formed by something that ends up not being true.

Her story arc has been about this ascension to the throne, but it was not something she's been feeling her entire life--or even a major portion of her life.

She was originally married off to Drogo in exchange for an army to regain the throne for her brother, not her. It wasn't until she establishes herself in Drogo's eyes, however, that she begins to fight back against her brother's abuse towards her. Until that point she either didn't care or didn't think about claiming the throne for herself. The wiki says she was born in 282 AC. The same source claims Drogo died in 298 AC, which would have made her 16 at the time of his death. The only complete timeline I could find suggest we're currently at, or around, 300 AC, which is only two years after Drogo's death and Dany's rebirth from the fire with the dragons.

She hasn't really been planning and actively attempting to sit on the Iron Throne for much longer than a couple years. I think it's far more accurate to conclude that she grew up believing that a Targaryen is the only rightful heir to the throne rather than it being specifically her. If anything it seems as though she would support Jon's claim and happily be his wife (which, if I'm not mistaken, would be regarded as entirely appropriate/normal/expected within their family). Her issues with Viserys were due to his abuse and not his claim to the throne (which I believe she supported) over hers. Her issues with Drogo were also due to the personal relationship and not due to the fact that she wouldn't be the ruler of her native land or even his troops. Of course, once those men died and left power vacuums, she hatched the dragons and declared herself as true heir and then anointed herself as savior of all men--but I don't know what we have by way of evidence that she's going to mow down any other claim to the throne she sees as legitimate (which can only be Jon, if not her, in her eyes).

3 minutes ago, bizzle said:

Her story arc has been about this ascension to the throne, but it was not something she's been feeling her entire life--or even a major portion of her life.

Well, I did say "if not her entire life, then at least a big part of it.

You're right that she was 16 when she was wed of to Drogo and he died, but after that you got the timeline wrong.
It's been 7 years since season 1, not 2 years. Daenerys is now 23, not 18.
7 years is a big part of someone's life at the age of 23.

If anything it seems as though she would support Jon's claim and happily be his wife (which, if I'm not mistaken, would be regarded as entirely appropriate/normal/expected within their family). 

I can see this happening as well tbh, but point remains that out of the two, Daenerys is the one who wants to rule, while Jon has always been the reluctant leader. If they marry and both survive, unless something drastically change, Daenerys will be the one in charge while Jon will be the consort.

Then on the flipside, they do seem to be genuinely good for each other, and she does see him as an equal, even after bending the knee, so perhaps they really would rule together. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

9 hours ago, NonoNono said:

or maybe she is outright told to bug off by Sansa

Extremely unlikely. 

All important people in Winterfell are aware of the threat of the Army of the Death. They all are in there together.

Even the Lyanna Mormont didn't question the efforts together, she was just disappointed of Jon Snow. Sansa and Daenerys will have conflicts, but the Army of the Death is the priority at the moment. It makes no sense whatever to believe differently.

10 hours ago, NonoNono said:

Dany probably leaves her army and Rhaegal at Jon’s command,

Really? How do you come to that guess? Has Dany ever left the command to someone else? Why should she want to flee? She was always a fighter.

34 minutes ago, bizzle said:

The only complete timeline I could find suggest we're currently at, or around, 300 AC, which is only two years after Drogo's death and Dany's rebirth from the fire with the dragons.

That's wrong.

Roughly one year per seasons, we are now in year 304-305 AC. For example, Baelish dies in 304 AC, end of season 7. 

Archived