Dany Fleeing After Jon Reveal

53 minutes ago, Krishtotter said:

Yes because he is no longer Jon Snow, bastard King in the North, but Aegon Targaryen.

Remember the Dance of the Dragons civil war? Targaryens don't take the news of rival claimants from their own family very well.

Jon will not view himself as a claimant (he takes his pledge of allegiance to Dany seriously) but I do believe Dany will. I hope I'm wrong and she surprises me.

She told Jon once that Viscerions death would be in vain so she's not gonna just leave now and make it true herself.

I think she tries to conquer the North with dragons, because she knows Sansa wants an independent North and she could conspire with Jon to make that happen. She has no allies except Jon and she said she's only really there for him. She called it "Jon's War" which was very telling. So next ep, maybe they get pummeled by ice and fire at the same time.

23 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

I think she tries to conquer the North with dragons, because she knows Sansa wants an independent North and she could conspire with Jon to make that happen. She has no allies except Jon and she said she's only really there for him. She called it "Jon's War" which was very telling. So next ep, maybe they get pummeled by ice and fire at the same time.

I know - she literally saw the dead, and her dragons burned wights. She called it Jon's War, as if it's not something she would have to deal with if she stayed fighting Cersei? 

39 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

I think your wrong, again. 

I think now that Danerys knows she is not heir to iron throne her character is going to turn completely upside down. She is going to try to to take out Jon during the battle where he is most vulnerable but fail. Jon realizes this and gets everyone to turn against her. She will become the mad queen

3 minutes ago, D2procon said:

I think now that Danerys knows she is not heir to iron throne her character is going to turn completely upside down. She is going to try to to take out Jon during the battle where he is most vulnerable but fail. Jon realizes this and gets everyone to turn against her. She will become the mad queen

LOL, I take it you missed the season trailers, you know the one where Dany and Jon are both at Dragonstone, which happens after the battle that we will see next week?

1 minute ago, Error-504 said:

LOL, I take it you missed the season trailers, you know the one where Dany and Jon are both at Dragonstone, which happens after the battle that we will see next week?

Do we know the context of that meeting?

5 minutes ago, D2procon said:

Jon is not heir to anything. He has a claim to the Iron Throne as Dany rightfully said.  She has a claim too and I see no reason why she just set aside.

Or when all is said and done, she should legitimize him as Jon Stark then marry him. Privately, he takes his rightful place as King Aegon Targaryen, but publicly she is seen as the Queen Daenerys Targaryen. Maybe she'll release Tyrion from his position to return to Casterly Rock and name Jon Hand of the Queen. 

The revelation to her might need some time to think it over, but she has more pressing issues at the moment. First the Night's King, then Cersei. Afterwards, she would need a husband to continue the family line and who better then Jon. There aren't that many other named characters around her age. 

It was mentioned in various ways during Episode 2 that they are all at Winterfell fighting for their survival despite all the conflicts up until that point. There is no reason to believe that Dany will just leave mid-battle just because another claimant showed up. She does that and the North loses, then she just helped the Night King's army grow larger. 

16 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Refresh my memory, what rightful claim did Aegon the Conqueror have to the 7 kingdoms again?

Dany has always claimed her right to the throne because of her Targaryen heritage.

Now naturally there is going to be some wise guy that is going to pipe up and tell us all, the very obvious fact that often who has the biggest army gets to be monarch. Like duh! What a profound insight.

But, if Dany does take throne basically of her military superiority, after maintaining through the series it's about her ancestral rights, then I think it's fair to say she's kind of been a bullshitter. She might be Queen, but still a bit of a bullshitter.

33 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Dany has always claimed her right to the throne because of her Targaryen heritage.

Now naturally there is going to be some wise guy that is going to pipe up and tell us all, the very obvious fact that often who has the biggest army gets to be monarch. Like duh! What a profound insight.

But, if Dany does take throne basically of her military superiority, after maintaining through the series it's about her ancestral rights, then I think it's fair to say she's kind of been a bullshitter. She might be Queen, but still a bit of a bullshitter.

I am not following you here.  Dany is taking the throne based on her ancestral rights and she is going to do because of her military superiority.  Nothing has changed other than another claimant who may but most likely will not press his rights.

5 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I am not following you here.  Dany is taking the throne based on her ancestral rights and she is going to do because of her military superiority.  Nothing has changed other than another claimant or may but most likely will not press his rights.

A claimant it would seem with a superior claim. If he doesn't press his claim, then it isn't an issue.

But supposing he does (and he may very well not. Jon may not be all that in to it.), then saying well, Aegon did it that way or this way is kind of crappy response because Dany has always maintained that the throne was her by right. She never just woke up one day said I think I'll just take the IT because I can.

5 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Jon Has Zero claim.... He died.

When he died the claim went to Dany.. the fact he came back to life shouldn't change that :D

If I'm not mistaken he's not technically alive either, I think I saw a quote from GRRM that described it as a fire wight.

10 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Jon Has Zero claim.... He died.

When he died the claim went to Dany.. the fact he came back to life shouldn't change that :D

Is the argument the Dany legal defense team is now preparing?

He seems alive enough to me. But, anyway, it will be interesting to hear Dany argue that all this time she's been screwing a corpse.

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

If I'm not mistaken he's not technically alive either, I think I saw a quote from GRRM that described it as a fire wight.

It's just on the same technicality his watch ended as he had fulfilled his vows.

If he was married and died, his wife would be able to remarry... if he returned I'm sure her new marriage would be the legal one as he had passed away.

So I would imagine when it passed to Dany despite coming back to life it wouldn't revert back to him

1 minute ago, OldGimletEye said:

Is the argument the Dany legal defense team is now preparing?

He seems alive enough to me. But, anyway, it will be interesting to hear Dany argue that all this time she's been screwing a corpse.

As I posted to the above reply it works in all the other instances so i'm sure she would have a strong case lol

Archived