Dany Fleeing After Jon Reveal

8 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

A claimant it would seem with a superior claim. If he doesn't press his claim, then it isn't an issue.

But supposing he does (and he may very well not. Jon may not be all that in to it.), then saying well, Aegon did it that way or this way is kind of crappy response because Dany has always maintained that the throne was her by right. She never just woke up one day said I think I'll just take the IT because I can.

But nobody is really saying that that I have seen.

Jon didn't want to be King in the North. He only accepted because the northern lords pressed him, and there really didn't seem to be anyone else to do it. So if he didn't want to be KitN, why on earth would he want to be King of the Seven Kingdoms. Besides, 1) he has already pledged his allegiance to Dany and going back on that would be dishonorable, and honor is what he values above all else 9except maybe love 2) to successfully press his claim, he needs a lot of followers who believe he is Aegon Targaryen. the northerners might, but I don't see many other people in Westeros believing it when his only proof is Bran's visions and an entry in a maester's diary, which doesn't mention a son. So unless he feels honor bound to press his claim to the throne, I can't see him doing it.

I think the main problem will be Jon convincing Dany that he doesn't want the throne, given her suspicious nature.

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Jon is not heir to anything. He has a claim to the Iron Throne as Dany rightfully said.  She has a claim too and I see no reason why she just set aside.

Danny rightfully said he would have a better claim than she if he really were who he says he is. And we know he can prove it, if not through Bran and Sam then through Howland Reed. He is the Mad King's heir. 

3 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

he has already pledged his allegiance to Dany and going back on that would be dishonorable

No, it wouldn't be dishonorable. New information has come to light. If Jon were to find out tomorrow that Jaime pushed Bran out the window, it wouldn't be dishonorable to revoke the welcome he extended today. 

Besides, the obvious answer would be to propose marriage, if the incest thing doesn't freak them out. Then Jon can say they'll rule together. And he'll mean it, with those doe eyes of his. 

On 4/20/2019 at 9:24 AM, NonoNono said:

I think everything is lining up for her to leave after being literally rejected by Sansa in the next episode, but leaving her army and Rhaegal for Jon to command and help out. I think she won’t be there when the NK arrives.

But she would be pondering what to do while at DS, and the outcome would either be Fire & Blood or she comes back to help and maybe finally earns their trust in doing so.

Bran can easily reveal something like the equivalent of the red door to Dany to make her realize he’s telling the truth.

epic fail......anymore theorys?

18 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

There is something called "ruling by means of conquest", which is exactly what she would be doing in that scenario.
Robert wasn't in the line of succession, he didn't have a legitimate claim to the throne, but he took it by force, and "no one" considered him an unlawful king. 

The whole "rightful heir"-talk the show is forcing down our throats is absolute bullshit and shows that the writers have no clue even after all these years. 
The Targaryens lost the throne during Roberts Rebellion, any potential claim they have is just as strong as the army they bring in order to take it back. 

Robert did take it by force, but you may have noticed he had the backing of many great houses, who had lost faith in the Mad King. They might have backed Rhaegar, but he disappeared then fell to Robert's hammer. 

If you think Danny's claim is pure force, you haven't been paying attention. It's her dragons, unsullied, Dothraki, and the unfitness of Cersei. But it's also the fact that she's a Targaryen. Without that, she'd be a foreign invader, less likely to have forged alliances with the Greyjoys, Tyrells, Sand Bitches, and Snow/Starks. 

After meeting the Army of the Dead, Danny presumably won't have much of an army left. Maybe fewer dragons. Then she has the Golden Company to deal with. She lost her chance to claim the throne by steamroller. 

3 minutes ago, darmody said:

Robert did take it by force, but you may have noticed he had the backing of many great houses, who had lost faith in the Mad King. They might have backed Rhaegar, but he disappeared then fell to Robert's hammer. 

If you think Danny's claim is pure force, you haven't been paying attention. It's her dragons, unsullied, Dothraki, and the unfitness of Cersei. But it's also the fact that she's a Targaryen. Without that, she'd be a foreign invader, less likely to have forged alliances with the Greyjoys, Tyrells, Sand Bitches, and Snow/Starks. 

After meeting the Army of the Dead, Danny presumably won't have much of an army left. Maybe fewer dragons. Then she has the Golden Company to deal with. She lost her chance to claim the throne by steamroller. 

Too add to that, had Robert not thought the remaining Targaryans had any claim to the throne, why was he so obsessed with killing them all? Why did Ned think he had to keep Jon's true parents a secret? 

48 minutes ago, darmody said:

No, it wouldn't be dishonorable. New information has come to light. If Jon were to find out tomorrow that Jaime pushed Bran out the window, it wouldn't be dishonorable to revoke the welcome he extended today. 

I disagree. One is a vow. Swearing fealty is very serious and is supposed to be for keeps, unless the one ruling does something horrible.

Remember Ned promised to tell Jon about his mother the next time he saw him, expecting that Jon would have taken the black and would then be no threat to Robert. If learning that he is the true born son of Rhaegar Targaryen (new information come to light) would not be reason enough to forsake his vows to the NW, why should it be enough to forsake his vow to follow Dany as his queen?

On 4/20/2019 at 7:36 PM, NonoNono said:

Dany probably leaves her army and Rhaegal at Jon’s command, but flies away to DS, maybe after Jon outright tells her she must live on if she doesn’t, maybe she finds out she is pregnant, or maybe she is outright told to bug off by Sansa and co and Jon doesn’t want to cause more problems. But I really think Dany skips this one out. Maybe Drogon even flies back to WF with Jon, who knows.

Dany would have some thinking to do. In the books she has a dream where she saves people fleeing from ice-armored enemies on the Trident, maybe after northeners flee the north, could be one way to regain their trust.

??????????

Speaking about Daenerys, something occurred to me when I re-watched the episode yesterday regarding her potential pregnancy.

Now, I'm probably just overthinking this, or I'm just misinterpreting what's actually happening, but I get the impression that she might already know, or at least suspect that she's pregnant (she's been before, she know the que's).

Several times during the episode, she tries to get Jon's attention and seems way "needier" than she use to:
First after the "trial" of Jamie concludes. She tries to get eye-contact with Jon who simply turns and leaves, averting his gaze.
Second after they have their big meeting about the battle. She literally stands there and looks, almost stares at him, as people leave around them and is about to say something when he cuts her of with a "your grace" and leaves, again averting his gaze. 
Lastly she caught him in the crypts, and the way she softly walks up to him and cuddles up against his arm, again shows a soft side of Daenerys that I'm unused to seeing. She seemingly wants to begin with some smalltalk before the discussion takes a (for her) unexpected turn.

In addition to this, in her scene with Jorah before he enters, she stares in blankly into the hearth, like she's heavily contemplating something. She almost looks sad.

Now again maybe I'm just unused to seeing Daenerys in love (aka vulnerable) so I might misinterpret what's happening.
Maybe it's all just the shows way of showing Jon pulling back fron Daenerys because he needs to contemplate the Sam-bomb from E1, because let's face it, everything about her becoming pregnant can still just be a red herring at this point.

But maybe...we'll get her throw "by the way, I'm pregnant" in Jon's face right before they take of on their dragons in the next episode. She seemed pretty pissed, so just as a pissed Sam threw the "Aegon-bomb" in Jon's face at an inconvenient time, a  pissed Daenerys will throw a "I'm-pregnant-bomb" in Jon's face at an inconvenient time.

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Several times during the episode, she tries to get Jon's attention and seems way "needier" than she use to:

I am sure these two situations are intended to show that Jon avoids Daenerys -- because Jon has his problems at the moment, considering the implications of his parentage revelation. This is not about Daenerys, she just senses that he avoids her in times she would like to be close to him.

she stares in blankly into the hearth, like she's heavily contemplating something. She almost looks sad.

Yes, she is much more alone in the North than she expected. Formally the respect her, but emotionally she is alone. And now even Jon seems to avoid her somehow. 

"I'm-pregnant-bomb" in Jon's face at an inconvenient time.

That's not impossible anyway. Inconvenient times about such confessions are extremely real-life. 

We don't really know how much time has gone by since boat sex. Probably not too much. 

So yes, there might be a pregnancy revelation in the next few episodes.

45 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

We don't really know how much time has gone by since boat sex. Probably not too much. 

No we don't, but if the show follows any sort of logic (which we know, it doesn't...) then it should've been about a month at least.

- Slow-moving carts has been shipped from Dragonstone to White Harbor and then slowly walked the road to Winterfell.
- Theon has sailed to KL, rescued Yara, then arrived back at WF.
- The AotD seemingly has roamed the most part of the north (according to Tormund), but even if they didn't, their slow gait from the wall to WF should take quite some time.

Ah well, guess we'll find out soon enough.
If the show pulls a "it's only been a week since we left KL" I'm gonna be pissed. Show-Westeros the size of the UK confirmed...

Archived