The white walkers want Jon Snow alive???

12 minutes ago, briantw said:

I figure that, if he was gonna say it to anyone currently in Winterfell, he already would have.  He's had multiple interactions with every character listed now (plus Jaime, who I thought was the dark horse recipient of that line).

So I think there's a chance he says it to the Night King, who is probably a Stark. 

That is a very interesting theory. I will be interested to see if it turns out to be true.

28 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

And Hardhomme was one of the best battle scenes in the series, IMO.

The Starks are one of the oldest families, descended from the First Men. The children of the forest created the WW by plunging a dragonglass dagger into the heart of one of the First Men, maybe a Stark? Who knows?

Hardhomme had the advantage of being a melee with monsters. Unlike with Battle of the Bastards, for instance, you don't know when they're outrageously violating the reality of combat. 

Also, the Valyrian steel reveal was awesome. 

7 hours ago, briantw said:

I figure that, if he was gonna say it to anyone currently in Winterfell, he already would have.  He's had multiple interactions with every character listed now (plus Jaime, who I thought was the dark horse recipient of that line).

So I think there's a chance he says it to the Night King, who is probably a Stark. 

He didn't talk with Theon in private though. Although Theon isn't a Stark and he was born at the Iron Islands, he spent the majority / half of his life prior to the beginning of the story at Winterfell and he probably considers it his home (ithe dialogue with Yara in the last episode seems to imply it). Theon defending Bran in the godswood seems like a perfect opportunity for something like Theon: "I'm sorry for what I did, Bran!" Bran: "It's fine. The LINE".

But even if this doesn't happen, I think Bran can still say the line to Jon or Arya or so when they have doubts or regret their past.

But I don't want to reject your theory that the NK is a Stark and that Bran says the line to him. It would be an interesting twist.

On 4/20/2019 at 7:52 PM, Kajjo said:

Where does he break his sword? The swords clash, the White Walker is very certain that Jon Snows steel sword will decompose, but it holds up, because it is Valyrian steel. The white Walker is obviously surprise and shocked and Jon can kill him shortly after.

Did you forget about the entire fight prior to the Valyrian steel part?

Dredging up the books here, but I think Valyrian steel being able to kill WW is an easy out. Sam and Jon discuss it in the books, which means it's almost certainly wrong. The Others existed thousands of years before Valyrian steel.

IMO dragon steel is dragon scales.

But I agree that Hardhome is the best battle in the whole series. It's one of the few we don't get to see in the books, but it gives show only people a real sense of just what Westeros is up against.

Archived