Dany and jaime

So it appears dany is giving Jaime a trial on this episode. I was wondering though, last season didn’t she agree to put the squabbling aside and work alongside the Lannisters? At first I thought maybe it might be for pushing bran, but a couple people have told me that the trial is indeed for the killing of aerys(still don’t know for sure). I was just wondering because it seems a little late to have a trial for him after last season when they agreed to work together. Especially since the NK has breached the wall.

Yeah this whole plot point seem to be the stupidest thing on the show. Just last week they were told that the Army of the Dead just broke through the Wall and were headed their way. So they have a few days to a week till 100K dead soldiers attack and Dany wants to stop everything to have a trail. You make a point that Dany did agree to put everything aside in order to fight the dead so why now forget that? Any trail should wait till after the battle. At the very least, he upheld his promise to fight with them when Cersei lied.

Dany is trying to establish her rule in the North--why else hold a trial in the midst of all the chaos?   She's seen the threat but I'm not sure she believes what Jon knows.   Dany sure has got an unexpected arc this season.

9 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Dany is trying to establish her rule in the North--why else hold a trial in the midst of all the chaos?   She's seen the threat but I'm not sure she believes what Jon knows.   Dany sure has got an unexpected arc this season.

I don't think it's about trial. May be Cersei promised to send her army to Winter fell and she didn't. They are probably discussing this

• I think it's because he didn't show up with the army Cersei promised and like she said, why should she trust him all by himself? After all, she knows her father was an evil man, but if Jaime killed one Targaryen, he might very well try to kill another.

Well, I liked the scene "Jamie on trial" very much. Good dialogues, Daenerys and Sansa having a completely different approach to people, honor, trust. 

Brienne vouching for Jamie, very emotional. Big scene. Well done.

Cersei lying. No Lannister army. Important for everyone, including progressing the story-line. 

Jamie and Bran... Bran letting him off the hook, but telling Jamie, he knows: Things we do for love!

The only thing the scene left out that I wish had been addressed was why Jaime killed Aerys II. The Danaerys of seasons 1-4 would almost certainly understand that killing her father was necessary. It doesn't absolve what happened to her because of it, her years on the run or what she was subjected to by her brother and husband, but without those experiences she never would've gotten her dragons.

Good scene, though. I'm so glad it was an informal trial at best.

I was looking forward to the trial but it quite disappointed me. Not really by the way the characters acted (Dany mad, Jaime unapologetic, Brienne defends Jaime...) but by the outcome. I thought that for example Dany would want to execute Jaime at all costs, Jon would be against it, they would fight. But overall it seemed like they just swept it under the rug.

Archived