SPOILERS: Rant and Rave

So episode 2

Good parts:

I enjoyed Sansa and Theons reunion.

Brienne Knighted was emotional

We got to see Ghost 

The rest of the episode was pretty boring and forgettable. It seems most of the dialogue was just fillers IMO 

I think the only reason for this chit chat was to foreshadow many deaths. I predict the following will die in the next two episodes: Grey Worm, Jorah, Gendry & Tormund. 

13 minutes ago, MoonKnight21 said:

So episode 2

Good parts:

I enjoyed Sansa and Theons reunion.

Brienne Knighted was emotional

We got to see Ghost 

The rest of the episode was pretty boring and forgettable. It seems most of the dialogue was just fillers IMO 

I think the only reason for this chit chat was to foreshadow many deaths. I predict the following will die in the next two episodes: Grey Worm, Jorah, Gendry & Tormund. 

Thank god you started this topic.

I think the guy who wrote this ep doesn t understand people.

The probability of people dying is huge and we are suposed to believe that the starks don t get together to say farwell in case one of them dies? They are suposed to be an United familly and in the face of death each one is doing his/her thing! SERIOUSLY?

Then after ending the last episode with jon finding out about the tarlys and his parents he doesn t have a crisis and talks about it with someone of his familly or davos? After all the hype the scene is basically forgotten? what kind of continuity is this!? what was the point of telling jon before the battle? 

NOBODY ASKS WHY PEOPLE THOUGHT LYANNA WAS KIDNAPPED AND RAPED? WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THEN? I don t understand how people can simply accept that… Reddit is saying the ep is awesome when it basically ignores all ramifications of one of the biggest secrets in asoiaf!

gendrya scenes were some of the most awkward thing I have ever seen. I think the problem is with the director because jonerys dragon date was also pretty awkard… I doubt it will go much better in ep 4...

Oh and danny after finding out the thruth just cares about the IT! Not that rhaegar wasn t a monster or that she isn t the last targ anymore. The It is what matters…

AND I AM SO DONE WITH THEM ENDING SCENES IN THE MIDDLE OF A CONVERSATION INSTEAD OF LETTING IT PLAY OUT...

1 hour ago, divica said:

Oh and danny after finding out the thruth just cares about the IT! Not that rhaegar wasn t a monster or that she isn t the last targ anymore. The It is what matters…

Actually what you have described fits perfectly with her personality.

Gods, they couldn't write a decent bit of dialogue to save their lives. "We're all going to die but at least we'll die together." Cringeworthy.

Everyone knows Tyrion is awesome, just Evil Dany doesn't! Poor Tyrion!

Sansa is badass awesome, everyone knows!

I think what disappoints the most is that there are only 4 episodes left and they waste so much time on unnecessary scenes like the Grey Worm and Missandei one. I couldn't care less about them. And every scene with "important" people talking gets cut off before anything interesting happens.

I liked Sam, Edd and Jon standing on the walls of Winterfell and them recalling Pyp and Grenn, but did Ghost just show up out of nowhere and Jon didn't even seem to care? Or did I miss their reunion at some point?

Also, Gendry and Arya? She still seems like a little girl. And totally out of character that she'd like to know "the feeling" instead of spending time with e.g. Jon whom she hasn't seen in so many years? It seems they're just trying too hard to build up lovestories and relationships just to let half of the people die in the Battle of Winterfell and leave the audience devastated with the "unexpected" deaths.

Also, was the Night King missing when they showed all the Walkers gathering in front of Winterfell? Maybe he'll ride the dragon to King's Landing, creating a huge army coming from the south?!

Overall there were some nice scenes like Brienne being knightend or Sansa and Theon, but most of the episodes was wasted on meaningless relationship built-ups I for myself couldn't care less about.

Let's hope the battle next episode meets the expectations.

1 hour ago, divica said:

Thank god you started this topic.

I think the guy who wrote this ep doesn t understand people.

The probability of people dying is huge and we are suposed to believe that the starks don t get together to say farwell in case one of them dies? They are suposed to be an United familly and in the face of death each one is doing his/her thing! SERIOUSLY?

Then after ending the last episode with jon finding out about the tarlys and his parents he doesn t have a crisis and talks about it with someone of his familly or davos? After all the hype the scene is basically forgotten? what kind of continuity is this!? what was the point of telling jon before the battle? 

NOBODY ASKS WHY PEOPLE THOUGHT LYANNA WAS KIDNAPPED AND RAPED? WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THEN? I don t understand how people can simply accept that… Reddit is saying the ep is awesome when it basically ignores all ramifications of one of the biggest secrets in asoiaf!

My thoughts exactly! The whole R+L =J is the biggest cannon in the series and its been handled so badly ... bad writing all round 

I was right, as much as I love Ghost and like Jon, even this dumbed down D&D version of Jon, Ghost should have pissed on his leg twice.  Once for flying a damn dragon before he even said hello, and a second time for him still not even saying HELLO once they are together.  For Crap's Sake, did they just edit Ghost into that scene way after it was taped so no one even acknowledged him? 

2 minutes ago, MoonKnight21 said:

My thoughts exactly! The whole R+L =J is the biggest cannon in the series and its been handled so badly ... bad writing all round 

I really thought this ep was going to have a lot of time dedicated to that! I can like the ending of ep1, but in ep 2 they had to explore the revelation!

Just now, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I was right, as much as I love Ghost and like Jon, even this dumbed down D&D version of Jon, Ghost should have pissed on his leg twice.  Once for flying a damn dragon before he even said hello, and a second time for him still not even saying HELLO.  For Crap's Sake, did they just edit Ghost into that scene way after it was taped so no one even acknowledged him? 

He didn t even deserve to be presented to his new girlfriend.

19 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Gods, they couldn't write a decent bit of dialogue to save their lives. "We're all going to die but at least we'll die together." Cringeworthy.

Everyone knows Tyrion is awesome, just Evil Dany doesn't! Poor Tyrion!

Sansa is badass awesome, everyone knows!

So, so true, all of it. How many minutes this episode? I have no doubts I’ll be channeling book!Stannis and grinding my teeth all the way through. :lol:

2 minutes ago, divica said:

I really thought this ep was going to have a lot of time dedicated to that! I can like the ending of ep1, but in ep 2 they had to explore the revelation!

Ya'd think having just come from a war meeting with battle plans that included talk of Jon and Dany with the dragons as dragon riders might have come up in Dany's thoughts or conversation on Jon's revelation.  Then again, ya'd think that revelation might have come up earlier anyway.  I do blame all of this stupidity on the Ds though and every one else they have writing this crap. 

Can I say though, I love Creepy Bran.  Well, I feel bad for him being stuck with trying to explain the Ds version of a Three Eyed RAVEN?? (I really want Three Eyed Crow back) and the stupid mark on him, but for the most part Creepy Bran cracks me up.  Yeah, the things I do for love, LOLOL 

1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I would fear for him if he pissed on her leg, LOL 

Ghost BBQ! And Jon wouldn’t even care...

1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Oh hell, I already fear for him in the next episode. 

No need to fear, he will most certainly die or never be seen again. :ack:

5 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Ya'd think having just come from a war meeting with battle plans that included talk of Jon and Dany with the dragons as dragon riders might have come up in Dany's thoughts or conversation on Jon's revelation.  Then again, ya'd think that revelation might have come up earlier anyway.  I do blame all of this stupidity on the Ds though and every one else they have writing this crap. 

I have no idea how after knowing who is parents are jon is perfectly ok and doesn t need to talk with anyone about it… Basically he just didn t know how to tell danny and from their crypt scene he is still loves her and wants to be with her...

Even if they didn t want to waste a lot of time with it why not have a scene in the beguining of the ep with jon telling danny that he finally knows who his mother is, that ned lied to him his whole life, that he never was a bastard, that rhaegar was his father, that he should have gone looking for her and her brother in essos intead of joining the NW... It could have been an epic conversation… Instead they did some crap about the IT...

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

No need to fear, he will most certainly die or never be seen again. :ack:

Or do you think that they will make jon decide to go south to be together with danny and therefore release ghost in ep 4 because the south isn t a place for direwolves?

I think both scenarios are possible...

I have no idea how after knowing who is parents are jon is perfectly ok and doesn t need to talk with anyone about it… Basically he just didn t know how to tell danny and from their crypt scene he is still loves her and wants to be with her...

I’m not going to say I expect it because I don’t “expect” anything anymore when it comes to the show.  But I hope there will be more to it, especially from Jon. Since they turned Bran into an infodump robot, they could have a scene where Jon asks Bran about Lyanna and Rhaegar and everything. But if ep 3 is all about the battle, then it won’t happen until later? Which only makes it weirder and less meaningful... 

Even if they didn t want to waste a lot of time with it why not have a scene in the beguining of the ep with jon telling danny that he finally knows who his mother is, that ned lied to him his whole life, that he never was a bastard, that rhaegar was his father, that he should have gone looking for her and her brother in essos intead of joining the NW... It could have been an epic conversation… Instead they did some crap about the IT...

They placed the scene at the end of the episode to create drama/tension/suspense/whatever. But it doesn’t really work for me, because like everything else it feels completely fake. That’s not how people interact and react upon learning something like this, even fictional “people”. And again, that’s why I don’t actually care... about any of them. Everything feels very unnatural and weird and nonsensical. 

And when Jon does talk about it, w/ Bran and Dany, it will be bad too, it will feel totally disconnected from the reveal, it will feel unimportant and trivial and forced. Yikes. 

11 minutes ago, divica said:

I'm not sure that's how he should 'feel' though, and that is what makes it all interesting.  I don't think he wants the throne, or didn't.  He also just wants her to be the woman he thinks she is, LOL, and I think that's why he didn;t tell her at first.  He heard that Jaime trial (which, stupid timing, I guess), I'm guessing (cause ya know, with the Ds you have to honeypot what's going on) and thought of what Sam had to say about what Dany had done, about what he wondered Dany was willing to do for her 'people,' and heard her ready to execute Jaime for......killing the Mad King and maybe even thinking about how the next King would have wanted to kill him.  I can see some of it, but that makes me think we needed to see Jon talk it out more with people, but maybe Dany was at first ruled out because of that?  I do also hate that Dany didn't stop to think about what it said about Rhaegar, what it might have really meant that Jon is riding Rhaegal, and that she even seemed to worry for one second he was dying to take the throne from her.  THAT ticked me off. 

In one way I can see Jon thinking of things that could have been different, but he's seen enough to know it wasn't, and i do think he will be grateful for Ned.  In many ways, he will always be the man that Ned Stark raised, I can't see him being mad at him, or second guessing what Ned could have done.  I see Ned as the ideal still for what Jon will think he should do. 

Archived