SPOILERS: Rant and Rave

3 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Everybody just about ready for the 'official' Ranting and Raving? 

I'm almost ready to have a new batch for the episode airing right now. 

I'll try to stay awake for the whole thing, but will make no promises!

Maybe if I grind my teeth loudly enough... :D

24 minutes ago, Pandean said:

Okay this isn't really a rant/rave but the Unsullied armor wool padding thing looks kind of like a onesie and it makes me laugh

LOL  Ya know, I can see that. 

Ok, If I were the NK you know what would piss me off the most...........the fact I have stupid spikes on my head and all the other guys can grow luscious locks. 

So did Dany just forget that her dad was an asshole?  Because it seemed like she accepted it before.

Also, maybe Brienne could have fucking mentioned how Aerys was going to blow up King's Landing and kill half a million people, which was why Jaime killed him.  

"Your Grace, your dad was a cunt."

The one line I actually enjoyed, the shoutout to Brienne’s ancestry:

“Brienne of Tarth, a Knight of the Seven Kingdoms”. 

I had so much to rant about, but even though I just finished watching, I’m having a hard time remembering the episode. Mostly, it seems there’s a lot more constipated characters now, not just Jon. I suppose it’s because of the stilted dialogue and how unnatural the scenes feel?

1 minute ago, Jamie Lannister said:

Those longing looks Sansa shot Theon during their little outside dinner are making me very, very worried. 

Yeah. That was weird, to say the least.

I mean, I personally love the platonic relationship Sansa and Theon have. But that's it. It's platonic. 

I'm of the opinion Sansa does not need another romance or man in her life. I like her friendship with Theon because it's that. A friendship.

If it becomes more then I'm going to be bugged. 

The worst: The heaps of praise piled on St. Tyrion by Jorah, followed by Sandra.

For a minute there I thought Jorah was going to ask Dany if he could take St. Tyrion on a date. Dear fuckin' lord.

And a guess the newest ship is Theon/Sandra. Oh fuckin' puuuleeze.

And finally,  Sandor, one of the most prolific warriors in Westeros, who has experienced leading people, evidently gets assigned to latrine duty.

3 minutes ago, briantw said:

So did Dany just forget that her dad was an asshole?  Because it seemed like she accepted it before.

Ah, .i was trying to remember whether she’d learned the truth about Aerys or not. She did, so that makes the whole thing even worse! 

Also, maybe Brienne could have fucking mentioned how Aerys was going to blow up King's Landing and kill half a million people, which was why Jaime killed him.  

Yup, was scratching my head... “ffs, say something Brienne!”

"Your Grace, your dad was a cunt."

Exactly. Yikes.

36 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Yup I literally LOL'd again at Sansa running into Theon's arms??  WTF??  I get the feeling that will be ridiculously funny each time. 

Yeah what’s going on with that. In the montage also they had Sansa spending her last hours before the big battle with Theon, not Bran or Arya or Jon. 

So Theon is going to be with Bran near the weirwood. Does it have anything to do with what might happen to Theon in Winds? I wonder. 

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

The one line I actually enjoyed, the shoutout to Brienne’s ancestry:

“Brienne of Tarth, a Knight of the Seven Kingdoms”. 

I had so much to rant about, but even though I just finished watching, I’m having a hard time remembering the episode. Mostly, it seems there’s a lot more constipated characters now, not just Jon. I suppose it’s because of the stilted dialogue and how unnatural the scenes feel?

Stilted, snarky, quick and unnatural.  Yeah, having seen it all a few hours ago as well as again right now, I REALLY AM TIRED.  So much it could have been, but it's mostly The Snark Show. 

I liked some of Brienne and Jaime as well.  That face of his is perfect, thank gawd. 

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Ah, .i was trying to remember whether she’d learned the truth about Aerys or not. She did, so that makes the whole thing even worse! 

I was hoping Jamie would point out to Dany her Aerys was a fuckin' maniac.

As much as I like the scene with Jaime knighting Brienne, the lead up to it was not good. It would have been so much more powerful if the reason Jaime knighted Brienne was in recognition of her being the embodiment of a true knight. Instead we have Jaime knighting Brienne to prove a point.

The way the show has handled the whole R+L=J reveal is very disappointing.

D&D: Hey you know what this show's missing? Dialogue! Lets have a whole fest of it!!!

D&D: Hey Maisie, how old are you now?

Maisie: 21

D&D: Here are your new contract terms.

I have a theory that Rhaegal = Ghost. Did we ever see them together in a scene? Noooo, exactly!!! Rhaegal last episode, now Ghost.

Dany really thinks she'll win this battle, considering how much scheming she's doing. Like she didn't see a 3rd of her power go down to one ice spear last season.

Grey Worm decided that he'll abandon Dany for Missandei when it's all over. But apparently he's going to take the rest of the Unsullied with him, too? hmm, well I suppose Dany did allow them to be free. Still a bit border lining on desertion.

Yeah, the Sansa/Theon stuff was a bit too weird.

Archived