SPOILERS: Rant and Rave

1 minute ago, OldGimletEye said:

The worst: The heaps of praise piled on St. Tyrion by Jorah, followed by Sandra.

For a minute there I thought Jorah was going to ask Dany if he could take St. Tyrion on a date. Dear fuckin' lord.

I don’t understand any of it tbh. I was thinking someone should give Tyrion a drink, because now that he’s not a whoremongering drunk his IQ dropped significantly. 

And a guess the newest ship is Theon/Sandra. Oh fuckin' puuuleeze.

WTAF was that? 

And finally,  Sandor, one of the most prolific warriors in Westeros, who has experienced leading people, evidently gets assigned to latrine duty.

There’s no time for Sandor, man! Come on! We must have MissyWorm, and random greyscale child, and Davos’ soup kitchen, and 10-yr-old battle commanders! Pfff. 

Also, there was lots that reminded me of the Battle for Helm’s Deep.

Dany immediately concerned about the IT was frustrating. I get it, I really do. Jon probably could have broken the news to her better. He definitely should have broken the news to her sooner. Bran should have been present. But it doesn’t, fucking, matter. Highlights a serious character flaw on her part. She’s only in it for herself. 

So apparently Jon did talk to Bran after the big reveal, just happened to be offscreen. I guess it saves D&D from explaining anything more about Robert’s rebellion other than it being “built on a lie”.  GRRM probably didn’t fill in the blanks for them. 

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Ah, .i was trying to remember whether she’d learned the truth about Aerys or not. She did, so that makes the whole thing even worse! 

Yup, was scratching my head... “ffs, say something Brienne!”

Exactly. Yikes.

None of that was allowed to be brought up, I am sure, because then we'd have had to address the travesty that had Jaime staying with Cersei after she blew up the Sept with all that wild fire and then sat her own ass on The Iron Throne.  He was suffering Larry the Lunkhead Lannister Syndrome back then, of course thanks to the Ds and that they thought 'creatively it made sense' at the time.  Can't talk about that character distruction now, can we? 

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

We must have MissyWorm,. 

Oh yes MissyWorm. D&D really do believe they've created something special there. What a bunch of knuckleheads. That thing is a real snoozefest.

In fact seeing the NK win would be worth it, if it put an end to MissyWorm. I don't even know who to root for next episode.

I brought this up last episode, but yep it happened. Tormund and the rest, doubling up on their horses, apparently go around the big undead horde to warn Winterfell, managing to arrive there about half a day or so ahead. And between Bran, the dragons, and all the horsemen they have, the Warden of the North and all those big brain people needed these guys to tell them what was coming,

10 minutes ago, teej6 said:

Yeah what’s going on with that. In the montage also they had Sansa spending her last hours before the big battle with Theon, not Bran or Arya or Jon. 

So Theon is going to be with Bran near the weirwood. Does it have anything to do with what might happen to Theon in Winds? I wonder. 

i am not sure what the hell that Theon Sansa shit was a'tall, well, besides weird and scary.  Do we need to hope for one of them to die to get away from any future........whatever?  I hate to say I am worried for Gendry now.  More worried than I was before this weeks developments. 

Subconsciously, I did take note of the Theon and Bran and Godswood thing and wondered if it had any other implications for material that may or may not be written in novel form,. 

13 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

And finally,  Sandor, one of the most prolific warriors in Westeros, who has experienced leading people, evidently gets assigned to latrine duty.

What experience does he have leading people?  He's an asshole and a loner.  Even though he's less of an asshole now, he's still an asshole.

Beyond all that, we all know he's not dying next week because he's got to have his face off with big bro.  His big moment is yet to come.  

2 minutes ago, Saturno said:

Tyrion says to Bran that they are in the middle of the winter. Well, I would never notice that as there is no more snowing in the north than is the whole series since season 1.

I noticed that too!!! :lol:

Just now, Lady Fevre Dream said:

i am not sure what the hell that Theon Sansa shit was a'tall, well, besides weird and scary.

Between Theon/Sansa and Missworm, Euron/Cersei looks good in comparison.

2 minutes ago, briantw said:

What experience does he have leading people?  He's an asshole and a loner.  Even though he's less of an asshole now, he's still an asshole.

He was assigned to command at KL.  And has extensive fighting experience.

Just now, Lady Fevre Dream said:

i am not sure what the hell that Theon Sansa shit was a'tall, well, besides weird and scary.  Do we need to hope for one of them to die to get away from any future........whatever?  I hate to say I am worried for Gendry now.  More worried than I was before this weeks developments. 

Subconsciously, I did take note of the Theon and Bran and Godswood thing and wondered if it had any other implications for material that may or may not be written in novel form,. 

Yeah, I think it does.  Theon is in the North and Bran has already tried to talk to him, so Theon one way or the other sacrificing himself to save Bran makes sense, if I had to guess, I would guess that GRRM end game, there is a straight line for that to happen from where we last saw him in Dance.  I didn't mind the Theon/Sansa stuff.

They would have done better pacing wise to mix up these first two episodes a bit differently, but I did feel like some of the relationships had a slight chance to breath in a few of these conversations.

Nah, I am still celebrating no Cersei.  I'd be happy not to see her til much more of the cast gets to KL area.  Sorry, I've been Cersei'd out since sometime in Season 5.  Cheryl, Carol, Cersei.........whoever she is.  I'm wondering if we're going to be spared her again next week.......can I hope? 

He was assigned to command at KL.  And has extensive fighting experience.

He has fighting experience, to be sure, but I wouldn't consider him to be much of a leader at all.  

I wish they had included some of the Bran/Tyrion conversation.  If anyone is going to have the intellect to actually understand what Bran went through, it's going to be Tyrion. I hate that they set it up and then just cut it all out. I feel like Tyrion could lend some legitimacy to Brans bizarre behavior...  Maybe hes read something and one of these books about a 3 eyed raven and/or greenseers?

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

Yeah, I think it does.  Theon is in the North and Bran has already tried to talk to him, so Theon one way or the other sacrificing himself to save Bran makes sense, if I had to guess, I would guess that GRRM end game, there is a straight line for that to happen from where we last saw him in Dance.  I didn't mind the Theon/Sansa stuff.

They would have done better pacing wise to mix up these first two episodes a bit differently, but I did feel like some of the relationships had a slight chance to breath in a few of these conversations.

I know what you mean on the convos the last two episodes, it always seems like it could be promising, but it could also be so much more.  That is what drives me crazy.  Every time I think a bit more time would help, I remember the type of crap that'd we'd probably get anyway. 

4 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Haha!  I found the Theon/Sansa reunion bizarre. Yes I realize he saved her from Ramsey, but he still reeked (ha) a lot of havoc on house Stark. Sansa does not have a good track record making friends.

5 minutes ago, briantw said:

He has fighting experience, to be sure, but I wouldn't consider him to be much of a leader at all.  

Well, whatever your opinion, he was put in charge of troops at the Blackwacker. I don't think that would have been surprising for somebody with this rank and fighting ability and experience. He may not be the nicest guy in the world, but he knows what the he is doing.

He sure has a hell lot more experience than Judge Dredd of Tarth.

Archived