SPOILERS: Rant and Rave

3 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

And then you say it's "Icky", as if you feel like you're watching someone underaged - or that they just "turned legal".

Because that's how I feel. So what? She was a kid for most of this show. So was Maisie. And she still looks like a kid. Excuse me for feeling uncomfortable watching someone who has mostly been a kid for the duration of the show in a sexual situation.

So... did Bran told Tyrion abridged version of his story? Or did he tell him nothing? Because Tyrion went from sitting with Bran to sitting with his brother pretty fast and I didn't get the impression that any big amount of time actually passed.

It's nice that they were discussing  battle strategy (which basically amounted to "get NK before his army gets us"), but how come nobody brought the fact that he has a dragon now? Did nobody believed Bran or did people who heard it never bothered to tell anyone else or did everybody already decided that it's Dany's and her dragons problem only?

P.S. Please tell me they are not going to actually finish NK next episode. As much as I adore seeing Lena Headey on screen playing anyone, making Cersei the final baddie of the show seems really lame.

I guess it was revealed off-screen that Bran is the three-eyed-raven?

and it seems Dany doesn't know what it means because when Jon revealed R+L=J and told her that Bran "saw it", Dany was like "he saw it??", as if she was confused by that.

I'm confused.

2 minutes ago, Mystical said:

How is literally chopping people up into tiny bits and baking them into a pie to serve to someone NOT PSYCHO? How is threatening one's own sister with skinning NOT PSYCHO? How is killing a room full of people without establishing their guilt NOT PSYCHO? And she did all of that with a psycho smirk on her face.

D&D characters all have multiple personality disorder. One minute Arya is chopping her enemies and baking them (which Arya does not do in the books btw) and the next episode she’s able to empathize with Lannister soldiers (hardly the trait of a psychopath). And the whole slicing Sansa’s face was not about Arya being a psycho but rather to create suspense and intrigue in the audience mind. I don’t think D&D’s intent was to ever project Arya as a psycho just like it’s was not their intent to show Sansa as a backstabbing, conniving, power grabbing person but rather “the smartest person” around. Their sloppiness and inconsistency from season to season and their non-existent writing skills does not make Arya a psycho. And in the books btw she definitely is not a psychopath. And again the line you reference has nothing to do with her ability to like/desire men. 

1 minute ago, Nami said:

I guess it was revealed off-screen that Bran is the three-eyed-raven?

and it seems Dany doesn't what it means because when Jon revealed R+L=J and told her that Bran "saw it", Dany was like "he saw it??", as if she was confused by that.

I'm confused.

Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking. Everyone else seems to take Bran's words for granted. And Daenerys doesn't know anything about that? Even though Bran's like "The Night King wants to kill me" and Sam saying it'd make sense, because Bran knows it all when they were "planning" the upcoming battle at that table

12 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

Arya getting awkward pity sex because they might all going to die is indeed silly.

Are you watching the show? I agree the Arya/Gendry scene was forced just like everything about the show now. At least they made her take initiative in the scene.

So is there anything in terms of battle Arya is NOT an expert in? She became a sword fighter able to hold her own against Brienne without training, last Season we learned she became a bullseye hitting bow woman in one day and now she could have a knife throwing act in a circus with that accuracy.

36 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

"Hey, remember that time I used to whore all the time and was funny and had great dialog when the writers of this show just copied the dialog from the books, but now that I am no longer taken from the books, the writers have no fucking idea what to do with me because they are terrible at this?" (seasons 1-4) 

Game of Thrones, ladies and gentleman.

Why doesn't anyone ask Bran what he is or what the 3ER means? I suppose it’s because it’s a spoiler for the ending but it’s strange that everyone simply accepts his “I’m not Brandon Stark anymore” or “i’m the 3ER” and isn’t a bit curious. Oh I just recalled, Tyrion had an offscreen chat with Bran about the mystery that is Bran.

25 minutes ago, Ser Sinister said:

To be fair, he did just make her the 2-bladed staff...that's the equivalent of a candlelight dinner to an assassin. :D

He made her a spear. The other end just has a balancing weight so she could twirl it better. That's what her (not to scale) drawing showed.

4 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

This could have been nice. There’s probably a bunch of ways it could have been done and have it be impactful, moving, and have meaning. Alas, we’re stuck w/ meaningless nothing stuff. 

Don’t Edd and whoever else arrive at WF from CB/Wall before the NK too, even though they were behind the AotD last ep? Maybe the NK and his army got lost? Made a wrong turn? The GPS they have on Bran lost its signal? :dunno:

Ah, yes, the army o' the dead moves at the speed of plot.  I guess it makes sense that an army of "cold" would move like a glacier:P

4 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

You know what I just remembered, didn't Creepy BranBot troll Jaime about them, the humans, not making it out of the battle?  In the Godswood?  I can't wait to see that tonight, as I think he did.  After Bran makes clear that the living do need Jaime, Jaime asks about what happens after they make it out of here, or something like that, and Bran goes all.......oh yeah?  Jaime's eyes pop out of his head.

I'm loving Creepy Bran.  I still feel bad for the pathetic Three Eyed Raven act he has been stuck with, D&D version.  But, I love his creepiness. 

And what was that throw-away line Bran gave about the NK trying many times to take him out with three-eyed ravens?:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

I brought this up last episode, but yep it happened. Tormund and the rest, doubling up on their horses, apparently go around the big undead horde to warn Winterfell, managing to arrive there about half a day or so ahead. And between Bran, the dragons, and all the horsemen they have, the Warden of the North and all those big brain people needed these guys to tell them what was coming,

Yeah, dumb.  How hard would have been to show Bran scouting the army of the dead with skinchanging or using weirwoods?  Would have given the character a little more to do anyway...

1 minute ago, teej6 said:

Why doesn't anyone ask Bran what he is or what the 3ER means? I suppose it’s because it’s a spoiler for the ending but it’s strange that everyone simply accepts his “I’m not Brandon Stark anymore” or “i’m the 3ER” and isn’t a bit curious. Oh I just recalled, Tyrion had an offscreen chat with Bran about the mystery that is Bran.

I think it was last season, cannot remember if Arya or Sanda. They reunited with Bran and he was saying "I'm the 3ER now", they asked him what it meant and all he replied was "That's too complicated".

I mean, it's really not. But for some reason the writers either didn't think it was important or just don't kniw themselves what it even means.

2 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

And what was that throw-away line Bran gave about the NK trying many times to take him out with three-eyed ravens?:rolleyes:

I think he was speaking about the 3ER's before Bran. The NK tried many times to take out any of the 3ER before him.

I don't care how much someone give a pass to this show. THIS episode was a freaking mess when it comes to script and dialogue. And that whole "speech" Jon was making with his voice over, I swear I've heard something similar in a movie, with the same voice over scenes. It's a really cringey cliche before every major event in movies. This entire episode felt like a third tier medieval movie. 

3 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

He said the NK tried to kill other 3ERs in the past because that's how you end everything. Idk.

Archived