Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I’m not going to say I expect it because I don’t “expect” anything anymore when it comes to the show.  But I hope there will be more to it, especially from Jon. Since they turned Bran into an infodump robot, they could have a scene where Jon asks Bran about Lyanna and Rhaegar and everything. But if ep 3 is all about the battle, then it won’t happen until later? Which only makes it weirder and less meaningful... 

They placed the scene at the end of the episode to create drama/tension/suspense/whatever. But it doesn’t really work for me, because like everything else it feels completely fake. That’s not how people interact and react upon learning something like this, even fictional “people”. And again, that’s why I don’t actually care... about any of them. Everything feels very unnatural and weird and nonsensical. 

And when Jon does talk about it, w/ Bran and Dany, it will be bad too, it will feel totally disconnected from the reveal, it will feel unimportant and trivial and forced. Yikes. 

So much of it feels fake, rushed, and almost empty.  If we didn't know these characters, see flashes of them from the actors, I think I'd have bailed a long time ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So it's more important that Arya bone a guy she hasn't seen in years than spend what is possibly the last night with family? I would have much rather have an Arya/Sansa scene showing their supposed new bond. And then a confused Jon comes in, reeling from what he learned last episode. He shares with them what he learned and they come together around him as a family. Aren't the Starks supposed to be a family (according to Arya last episode) or something?

And of course the time lines still don't make any sense. Theon was in KL last episode and he still made it to WF before the AotD does. What is that army doing anyway? Running in circles all the time which is why it took them forever to get to Last Hearth and now WF?

Edited by Mystical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mystical said:

So it's more important that Arya bone a guy she hasn't seen in years than spend what is possibly the last night with family? I would have much rather have an Arya/Sansa scene showing their supposed new bond. And then a confused Jon comes in, reeling from what he learned last episode. He shares with them what he learned and they come together around him as a family. Aren't the Starks supposed to be a family (according to Arya last episode) or something?

This could have been nice. There’s probably a bunch of ways it could have been done and have it be impactful, moving, and have meaning. Alas, we’re stuck w/ meaningless nothing stuff. 

10 minutes ago, Mystical said:

And of course the time lines still don't make any sense. Theon was in KL last episode and he still made it to WF before the AotD does. What is that army doing anyway? Running in circles all the time which is why it took them forever to get to Last Hearth and now WF?

Don’t Edd and whoever else arrive at WF from CB/Wall before the NK too, even though they were behind the AotD last ep? Maybe the NK and his army got lost? Made a wrong turn? The GPS they have on Bran lost its signal? :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what I just remembered, didn't Creepy BranBot troll Jaime about them, the humans, not making it out of the battle?  In the Godswood?  I can't wait to see that tonight, as I think he did.  After Bran makes clear that the living do need Jaime, Jaime asks about what happens after they make it out of here, or something like that, and Bran goes all.......oh yeah?  Jaime's eyes pop out of his head.

I'm loving Creepy Bran.  I still feel bad for the pathetic Three Eyed Raven act he has been stuck with, D&D version.  But, I love his creepiness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

This could have been nice. There’s probably a bunch of ways it could have been done and have it be impactful, moving, and have meaning. Alas, we’re stuck w/ meaningless nothing stuff. 

Don’t Edd and whoever else arrive at WF from CB/Wall before the NK too, even though they were behind the AotD last ep? Maybe the NK and his army got lost? Made a wrong turn? The GPS they have on Bran lost its signal? :dunno:

Tormund or somone actually mentioned having to GO AROUND the AotD, LOL  Like, ya know, going AROUND Moat Cailin, LOL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Tormund or somone actually mentioned having to GO AROUND the AotD, LOL  Like, ya know, going AROUND Moat Cailin, LOL 

:lol: :lmao::rofl:

Awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tormund and Edd and Co left Last Hearth, took the GO AROUND route from the Army of the Dead, and made it to Winterfell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I’m not going to say I expect it because I don’t “expect” anything anymore when it comes to the show.  But I hope there will be more to it, especially from Jon. Since they turned Bran into an infodump robot, they could have a scene where Jon asks Bran about Lyanna and Rhaegar and everything. But if ep 3 is all about the battle, then it won’t happen until later? Which only makes it weirder and less meaningful... 

But the time to explore it was now. We have no idea if bran dies in ep 3... 

I don t know how it could make sense for the audience to care about how jon feels about all this or about why people thought lyanna was kidnaped and raped in ep 4 or after… Unless only danny's feelings matter...

32 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

They placed the scene at the end of the episode to create drama/tension/suspense/whatever. But it doesn’t really work for me, because like everything else it feels completely fake. That’s not how people interact and react upon learning something like this, even fictional “people”. And again, that’s why I don’t actually care... about any of them. Everything feels very unnatural and weird and nonsensical. 

And when Jon does talk about it, w/ Bran and Dany, it will be bad too, it will feel totally disconnected from the reveal, it will feel unimportant and trivial and forced. Yikes. 

It being the final scene of ep 1 works for me. Even having sam guide the conversation in the IT direction given his state of min works. The problem is that they must start the next ep with jon talking about all he learned with someone. We have to understand what jon is feeling and what he is thinking! 

What doesn t work is for jon to just be ok but insecure about how to tell danny in the next ep! This goes behond bad tv. This is one of the most important secrets of asoiaf! It must be treated with the importance it deserves! Anyone who read the books wants to know how jon will react when he learns the truth! However in the show he has no reaction! It is awful...

31 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I'm not sure that's how he should 'feel' though, and that is what makes it all interesting.  I don't think he wants the throne, or didn't.  He also just wants her to be the woman he thinks she is, LOL, and I think that's why he didn;t tell her at first.  He heard that Jaime trial (which, stupid timing, I guess), I'm guessing (cause ya know, with the Ds you have to honeypot what's going on) and thought of what Sam had to say about what Dany had done, about what he wondered Dany was willing to do for her 'people,' and heard her ready to execute Jaime for......killing the Mad King and maybe even thinking about how the next King would have wanted to kill him.  I can see some of it, but that makes me think we needed to see Jon talk it out more with people, but maybe Dany was at first ruled out because of that?  I do also hate that Dany didn't stop to think about what it said about Rhaegar, what it might have really meant that Jon is riding Rhaegal, and that she even seemed to worry for one second he was dying to take the throne from her.  THAT ticked me off. 

In one way I can see Jon thinking of things that could have been different, but he's seen enough to know it wasn't, and i do think he will be grateful for Ned.  In many ways, he will always be the man that Ned Stark raised, I can't see him being mad at him, or second guessing what Ned could have done.  I see Ned as the ideal still for what Jon will think he should do. 

But that is the problem. He doesn t have a reaction. He just accepts it within seconds! And then the same thing appears to happen to danny in the end of this ep...

And while this is huge for jon, it also completly destroys the persona that show danny has built. I don t care about which of them has the better claim. I want to see how they feel, how they deal with these news, what they think, how they get over it, how the starks will react...

Given that they are in a relation and both respect each other them arguuing over has the best claim is stupid… Just marry and end the conflict...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Don’t Edd and whoever else arrive at WF from CB/Wall before the NK too, even though they were behind the AotD last ep? Maybe the NK and his army got lost? Made a wrong turn? The GPS they have on Bran lost its signal?

Heck why did Edd and Co. even go to Last Hearth at all? From CB all the way over to the other side of the North (isn't it shorter from CB to WF?) for no reason. And they arrived at the same time as the AotD and Tormund and his crew who came directly from Eastwatch. Did Edd borrow some super sonic eagles? Then they and Theon (who came all the way from KL) make it to WF before the AotD. Maybe the AotD takes time outs because they need to eat and sleep and that's why they are so slow moving? Or they do drills in between to practice formations?

I also love how Jon doesn't seem bothered at all that he's been banging his aunt. A true Targ. And Dany's only concern after the reveal is the IT of course. Not that she finally found family, decent family unlike Viserys. Or that she was banging said family. Oh those whacky Targs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, divica said:

But the time to explore it was now. We have no idea if bran dies in ep 3... 

I don t know how it could make sense for the audience to care about how jon feels about all this or about why people thought lyanna was kidnaped and raped in ep 4 or after… Unless only danny's feelings matter...

It being the final scene of ep 1 works for me. Even having sam guide the conversation in the IT direction given his state of min works. The problem is that they must start the next ep with jon talking about all he learned with someone. We have to understand what jon is feeling and what he is thinking! 

What doesn t work is for jon to just be ok but insecure about how to tell danny in the next ep! This goes behond bad tv. This is one of the most important secrets of asoiaf! It must be treated with the importance it deserves! Anyone who read the books wants to know how jon will react when he learns the truth! However in the show he has no reaction! It is awful...

But that is the problem. He doesn t have a reaction. He just accepts it within seconds! And then the same thing appears to happen to danny in the end of this ep...

And while this is huge for jon, it also completly destroys the persona that show danny has built. I don t care about which of them has the better claim. I want to see how they feel, how they deal with these news, what they think, how they get over it, how the starks will react...

Given that they are in a relation and both respect each other them arguuing over has the best claim is stupid… Just marry and end the conflict...

I don;t disagree with probably any of that, I just know I'm not getting it here in this show.  Maybe a little bit of it a bit later?  Who knows?  The only thing I do know is it will be rushed, half awkward and probably a bit empty. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I don;t disagree with probably any of that, I just know I'm not getting it here in this show.  Maybe a little bit of it a bit later?  Who knows?  The only thing I do know is it will be rushed, half awkward and probably a bit empty. 

 

If we don t get how the most important characters of the show feel about one of the most important pieces of information in asoiaf what is the point of making the show?

So that we can see how D&D invent a way to kill all the dead even though they butchered almost all of the magic elements in the books? Is seeing a bunch of people that can t express themselves fight in wars that interesting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This obsession with Jon and Daenerys's blood connection doesn't make any sense to anybody who knows the history of royalty, anytime and anywhere.  As a certain medieval member of a royal family is quoted as saying to the pope, or maybe the pope saying to that member of royalty-- from either France or England, I don't recall which -- "None of us can marry anybody except our aunts and cousins."

As for the obsessed fixation on the burning of the Tarlys, o puleez!  What about her emails???????

:cheers: :read: :cool4:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, divica said:

But the time to explore it was now. We have no idea if bran dies in ep 3... 

I don t know how it could make sense for the audience to care about how jon feels about all this or about why people thought lyanna was kidnaped and raped in ep 4 or after… Unless only danny's feelings matter...

It being the final scene of ep 1 works for me. Even having sam guide the conversation in the IT direction given his state of min works. The problem is that they must start the next ep with jon talking about all he learned with someone. We have to understand what jon is feeling and what he is thinking! 

What doesn t work is for jon to just be ok but insecure about how to tell danny in the next ep! This goes behond bad tv. This is one of the most important secrets of asoiaf! It must be treated with the importance it deserves! Anyone who read the books wants to know how jon will react when he learns the truth! However in the show he has no reaction! It is awful...

But that is the problem. He doesn t have a reaction. He just accepts it within seconds! And then the same thing appears to happen to danny in the end of this ep...

And while this is huge for jon, it also completly destroys the persona that show danny has built. I don t care about which of them has the better claim. I want to see how they feel, how they deal with these news, what they think, how they get over it, how the starks will react...

Given that they are in a relation and both respect each other them arguuing over has the best claim is stupid… Just marry and end the conflict...

You’re preaching to the choir. It’s a god-awful way to deal w/ it all. That’s why the show is so bad, every storyline is mishandled, no exceptions. 

12 minutes ago, divica said:

If we don t get how the most important characters of the show feel about one of the most important pieces of information in asoiaf what is the point of making the show?

Getting to film the Red Wedding?

12 minutes ago, divica said:

So that we can see how D&D invent a way to kill all the dead even though they butchered almost all of the magic elements in the books? Is seeing a bunch of people that can t express themselves fight in wars that interesting?

They sort of established that by killing a WW, the wights that one created die for real. Kill the boss and all the WWs will drop, and the wights. It will be underwhelming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Heck why did Edd and Co. even go to Last Hearth at all? From CB all the way over to the other side of the North (isn't it shorter from CB to WF?) for no reason. And they arrived at the same time as the AotD and Tormund and his crew who came directly from Eastwatch. Did Edd borrow some super sonic eagles? Then they and Theon (who came all the way from KL) make it to WF before the AotD. Maybe the AotD takes time outs because they need to eat and sleep and that's why they are so slow moving? Or they do drills in between to practice formations?

Maybe Littlefinger gave Tormund his jet pack. And Theon from KL! Excellent. 

Bold: yup, that’s in line w/ Bran telling everyone they don’t get tired! Kudos, GoT, on being consistent in your utter inconsistency! 

26 minutes ago, Mystical said:

I also love how Jon doesn't seem bothered at all that he's been banging his aunt. A true Targ. And Dany's only concern after the reveal is the IT of course. Not that she finally found family, decent family unlike Viserys. Or that she was banging said family. Oh those whacky Targs.

:lol:

Both their reactions are ridiculous, infantile, silly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So apparently Jon does nothing about the life altering info he just received except tell Dany right before the end credits so D&D can check their suspense, tension, and cliffhanger quota for the episode. They are so predictable. The least they could have done is have Jon talk to Bran about it. If they cared anything about their characters, Jon should be having an identity crisis and should logically be rushing to talk to the all seeing demi-God next door (who also happens to be his kid brother/cousin) about it. But no, that’s too much of an effort in writing for D&D. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to give it to Arya. The patriarchy warped around her in every aspect of her life. What's her secret? I'm sure the other 99.99999999% of the female population, especially high borns, would love to know how she did it. She was free to be who she wanted to as a child (thanks to her parents being lax on her), she got to chose her own profession, she was never sexually threatened, guys are even courteous and ask if she is old enough to drink and she gets to chose who she has sex with.

Why couldn't poor Sansa have even 1/10th of Arya's patriarchy shield? Prisoner, forcefully married, raped and brutalized, overlooked for 'promotion'. Doesn't seem fair to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, teej6 said:

So apparently Jon does nothing about the life altering info he just received except tell Dany right before the end credits so D&D can check their suspense, tension, and cliffhanger quota for the episode. They are so predictable. The least they could have done is have Jon talk to Bran about it. If they cared anything about their characters, Jon should be having an identity crisis and should logically be rushing to talk to the all seeing demi-God next door (who also happens to be his kid brother/cousin) about it. But no, that’s too much of an effort in writing for D&D. 

That and the starks not getting together before the battle are 2 things that nobody should accept. It is completly against logic...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everybody just about ready for the 'official' Ranting and Raving? 

I'm almost ready to have a new batch for the episode airing right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A remembered rant for the upcoming episode.  Tyrion and Jaime talking about when he was in love with his sister, and Tyrion saying Jamie always knew who she was.  I call BULLSHIT!!  THE Jaime Lannister did not really know.  And, he's been made to get amnesia about if from the Ds on and off for seasons on end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×