SPOILERS: Rant and Rave

I wrote my theory in another thread but I'll do it here as well:  I suspect the 3-Eyed Ravens are the Old Gods the North and the First Men (and the Children of the Forest) worship.  Bran is the last Old God, and if he dies, the magic that cursed the Night King will be extinguished and he will be human again.

41 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

Apparently, no, you did not know that.  This is what you said - " Just like they waited for Sophie to turn legal, now it's Maisie's turn. Icky to say the least."  You're implying that they specifically waited for Sophie to turn legal so they could show her naked, and "now it's Maisie's turn".  And then you say it's "Icky", as if you feel like you're watching someone underaged - or that they just "turned legal".

Just a friendly reminder, this thread is where people come to rant and rave without repercussion. Though the thread title doesn't indicate this so far this season, the tradition is that coming into this thread to argue is off limits. 

That aside: this season sounds like shit. I haven't had a chance to watch yet, but every recap I read makes me feel a hundred percent not into catching up.

* I feel that Ghost was "added" after the whole series was shot and they saw there was some cgi budget leftovers. None of the characters exchanges not even a glance with 'im

* Several things seem to be happening purely for fan service. Tormund constantly hitting on Brienne, Lady Mormont's every line is a collision with authority, Aria having a pissing contest with everyone she meets, Cercei whining about the Elephants, and now Aria with Gentry. Tell the story you want to tell, this is enough to serve the fans

* I get the feeling that Kit has a deep dislike for Emilia and it shows whenever they interact.

*Please tell me that the Night King has something more to drive him than merely to "destroy the world", for the sake of destroying the world...

1 hour ago, Remember said:

Tormund dies saving Brienne, Brienne dies saving Jamie.

Beric dies saving the Hound, the Hound dies saving Sansa.

Theon dies saving Bran.

Grey Worm dies.

Gendry dies saving Arya. 

Jorah dies saving lady Mormont. 

Pretty good list.  I don't think Sandor dies, for reasons others have mentioned.  He may not survive the fantasy fantasy (not a typo) version of this though.  Honestly the one's I think are safe at the end of next week are Jon, Tyrion, Jaime, and Sansa.  I could see Dany, Bran, or Arya dying in the show.  In fact wouldn't be surprised if the show does go ahead with it - even though I think in the books Bran is incredibly likely to bookend the series.  As for the mid-carders, they're all at high alert.  I suppose there's no reason to kill Davos or Varys, but there's also no reason to keep them.

1 hour ago, Rockroi said:

We were all here to watch a battle; instead, we watched a whole bunch of people WAIT for a battle.  

...And you're surprised that there are so many of such posters considering what forum this is?

4 minutes ago, Nakraal said:

*Please tell me that the Night King has something more to drive him than merely to "destroy the world", for the sake of destroying the world...

I feel like we're getting swerved here.  Either Bran is lying or he doesn't know everything.  It can't be so simple as the Night King dying next week.  

After a year and a half, I feel like I am not as critical of the show as I was in season 6 and especially 7. Definitely was some poor dialogue in this one, but I have forgotten so much I just kinda accept the show for what it is I guess. Dany is infuriating as always. It was great seeing Ghost. Even if there was no explanation for him being missing and he wasnt even acknowledged I’m glad to just see him at all. 

Does anyone else find it incredibly stupid now with the whole “we all have to work together no matter how much we hate each other or what atrocities some of might have committed” sentiment that Jon banished Melisandre? What an unbeliably braindead move. Not saying Melisandre is someone Jon should be making friends with but she sure would be useful right now. Especially if D+D let her have the powers she had in the book. 

2 minutes ago, briantw said:

I feel like we're getting swerved here.  Either Bran is lying or he doesn't know everything.  It can't be so simple as the Night King dying next week.  

Sure it can. They want Cersei to be the final boss methinks. 

1 minute ago, briantw said:

I love the idea someone posited that the night King let's Crastor's sons fight at Winterfell while he uses Zombie Viserion to fuck up Kings Landing. That would redeem the entire last 3 seasons lol

More complaints:

•Why is Jaime’s hair so dark now?

•I feel like there should be more blowback for Theon being there. Obviously Sansa will protect him but did the rest of winterfell just magically forgive him? 

•Why does Tyrion still think Dany’s so great?

•What’s the point of Varys now?

5 minutes ago, Nakraal said:

* I feel that Ghost was "added" after the whole series was shot and they saw there was some cgi budget leftovers. None of the characters exchanges not even a glance with 'im

Tell the story you want to tell, this is enough to serve the fans. 

Yes, it looks like Ghost was not in the script when the actors shot the scene. As to the bolded, it seems like D&D only has info on the ending (what happens to the WWs, who sits the IT, and how/where the main characters end up), so till they get to the last couple of episodes, I would imagine it will all be filler. 

1 minute ago, Snormund said:

Sure it can. They want Cersei to be the final boss methinks. 

I think Cercei will certainly play a part in the end game, but I also think that it'll be really disappointing if the Night King is defeated midway through the final season.  The prologue of the first book establishes the white walkers as the true threat in the series, and I have to think they'll play at least some role in the end.

1 minute ago, Remember said:

I love the idea someone posited that the night King let's Crastor's sons fight at Winterfell while he uses Zombie Viserion to fuck up Kings Landing. That would redeem the entire last 3 seasons lol

The fact that we've seen absolutely zero shots of the Night King at Winterfell makes me think he's gotta be somewhere else. 

19 minutes ago, Moshroom said:

I think he was speaking about the 3ER's before Bran. The NK tried many times to take out any of the 3ER before him.

18 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

He said the NK tried to kill other 3ERs in the past because that's how you end everything. Idk.

Ah, thanks.  I went back and watched it again.  Bran said "He's [the NK] tried before with many three-eyed ravens".  When I first heard it I thought Bran meant the NK was trying to take Bran out with three-eyed ravens:P  Guess I'll have to take that particular eye-roll back.

Makes me wonder, though...if the NK has tried to take out many three-eyed ravens before, was he ever successful?  And when was he doing all this?  Hasn't the NK been asleep a long time or whatever?:dunno: 

FI definitely felt a little awkward watching Arya have sex because even though Maisie Williams is pretty close to my own age it’s hard to think of Arya like that. On the other hand I always wanted her to end up with Gendry so I was glad that they at least confirmed that there was an attraction there. It’s funny how Gendry pretended he didn’t fuck Mel tho...I guess he thought that would make Arya mad :D

I am a little miffed we didn’t get a Jaime and Brienne romantic scene tho. I guess it could have felt forced but I definitely ship them. 

5 minutes ago, Snormund said:

FI definitely felt a little awkward watching Arya have sex because even though Maisie Williams is pretty close to my own age it’s hard to think of Arya like that. On the other hand I always wanted her to end up with Gendry so I was glad that they at least confirmed that there was an attraction there. It’s funny how Gendry pretended he didn’t fuck Mel tho...I guess he thought that would make Arya mad :D

I think it was awkward because we watched her grow up on the show.  Obviously she's an adult now and has been for several years, but the show never really had us think of her that way.  

Her ending up with Gendry makes all kinds of sense, though, and I think there's a good chance it also happens in the books. 

It was so disappointing that the scene with Tyrion and Bran was cut short. As others have said they’ve used some lazy scriptwriting with all of the conversations that were interrupted.

It’s also wild that not a single Stark has mentioned how Dany’s father killed their grandfather and uncle? Seems like a better reason for the North to not like Dany besides the flimsy “the North doesn’t like outsiders” reasoning from last episode. 

There could have been some amazing scenes of Bran watching the army approach through weirwoods or skinchanging, or all these combat veterans assembled in one place talking battle strategy and their plans for the two dragons, or even Arya and Bran talking about Death together. So much filler this episode and no using of the all seeing psychic for anything worthwhile.

I’ll admit, I did cry at Jaime knighting Brienne - NCW sold that scene, turned it from some tacked on emotional fluff to something really meaningful and beautiful. 

Why did they make this season only 6 episodes then waste two on hurried Last-Scene-Together horseshit? I'd be fine if they pieced all these re-unions and goodbyes together over a couple episodes assuming 8 more, sure, but knowing there's, what, 5.5 hours left of show to wrap up an entire series is such garbage. I feel like GRRM gave them an index card that says "X and Y die, Z sits on the throne, and oh shit I'm late for another con, good luck dudes!" and they just sat there, baffled on how to make this show anything less than completely insultingly stupid. I need to go watch Spartacus or Xena or some show that knows it's goddamn stupid and enjoys it. 

What the *fuck* is going on with Ghost? Why even bother to shove him onto the side? The actors clearly didn't even film the scene thinking he was there. Just say "Oh yeah he ded" in one of those insultingly shitty post-show interview things.

Man, I came into this season with exceptionally low expectations, and they have not been reached.

Last rant: Emilia Clarke is the weakest actor on the show.

Okay, I'll say that I really liked Brienne being knighted. I was Hoo-Rah'ing for her, bigtime. And I agree with previous posters regarding Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's acting. It's like he read the garbage script and said "Well these lines are total shit, but I can work around them just fine when I'm not actually speaking."]

Fuck that episode. Hurry up and kill all my favorite characters so I can get hyped for LotR: The 2nd Age and It'd Better Not Have Any Fucking Hobbits Either, streaming soon on Amazon Prime.

This rant brought to you by scotch.

Archived