SPOILERS: Rant and Rave

34 minutes ago, Snormund said:

More complaints:

•Why is Jaime’s hair so dark now?

•I feel like there should be more blowback for Theon being there. Obviously Sansa will protect him but did the rest of winterfell just magically forgive him? 

•Why does Tyrion still think Dany’s so great?

•What’s the point of Varys now?

Most people of WF died, no? And Jon "told him he was also a stark" last season in that weird Jon-Theon talk :dunno:

Yeah, why does Tyrion think Dany's great and why does everybody else think Tyrion's so great :dunno:

I think Varys hangs around to die :dunno:

Just now, Argonath Diver said:

Why did they make this season only 6 episodes then waste two on hurried Last-Scene-Together horseshit?

Well, to be fair, given how long the next four episodes are, we've basically still got five to six episodes worth of content left.

Varys's plot being gutted and him reduced to the butt of Tyrion's oh so clever dick jokes hurts my soul.

I didn't have a problem with a sexual Arya. I did have a problem with the conversation leading up to it. It was just bad. They've made Arya into uber bad ass and haven't let her regain any of the rest of her personality. She can't have a conversation without letting everyone know - hey, I'm a bad ass now and you're completely beneath me. Her reunion with Jon was the only sliver of old Arya surfacing, but with anyone else it's all "Fuck you, I'm better than you because I've seen some shit." Drives me crazy.

I liked seeing a motley crew of characters sitting by the fire, but god damn i wish the dialogue had been better. Tyrion isn't even saying anything interesting anymore, let alone clever. Tormond, instead of being the fun guy who loves a good story, is the butt of the joke. Jaime knighting Brienne was lovely, but instead of doing it on a lark, couldn't he have said 'The rules are bullshit. You embody the ideals of a knight more than anyone I know."

Brienne isn't a battle commander so good luck girl, Sansa and Dany were a little too BFF (IMO) before Sansa drew back, Sansa praising Tyrion was nice, but that sure didn't come across in their one on one conversation so I call inconsistent bullshit writing, More things that bothered me, I'm sure, but this was kind of boring filler with good moments sprinkled in.

1 minute ago, sweetsunray said:

Most people of WF died, no? And Jon "told him he was also a stark" last season in that weird Jon-Theon talk :dunno:

Yeah, why does Tyrion think Dany's great and why does everybody else think Tyrion's so great :dunno:

I think Varys hangs around to die :dunno:

Tyrion was smart, back in season 2. (When they had books to work from.) There's no reason for Danny to think him smart. Nor anyone else, save the ones who knew him when. 

Tyrion had barely met Danny before he was on board. I seem to recall him putting it like he was giving her an audition, but we never got to the part where he was won over.

4 minutes ago, darmody said:

Tyrion was smart, back in season 2. (When they had books to work from.) There's no reason for Danny to think him smart. Nor anyone else, save the ones who knew him when. 

Tyrion had barely met Danny before he was on board. I seem to recall him putting it like he was giving her an audition, but we never got to the part where he was won over.

I seem to remember something about "breaking the wheel". Admittedly, that speech would have sent me running for the hills :lmao:

They kind of deserve each other though: when she does listen to him, he gives stupid advice, and when he gives sound advice (how to deal with Dickon Tarly), she doesn't listen to him.

ETA: he does seem to think she might be her father's daughter after all, when he remarked someone else might be wearing his hand's pin soon. How many Hands did Mad Aerys have again?

1 minute ago, darmody said:

I would bet my left eye that extra time is filled with fluff. 

I think there will be a lot less fluff after this episode.  These episodes were the swan songs for a lot of the supporting characters, and probably at least one main character as well.  

This episode was so void of any plot or development, it is even hard to find things to criticize:

1) As many have already mentioned: Interrupt important dialogues with incoming messengers

2) Tormund behavior to Brienne is not even fun anymore.

3) Podrick singing. I immediately watched a video with Pippin at Minas Tirith afterwards to compensate for this.

4) A female cold psycho killing machine is not a good receipt for an emotional sex scene

5) Contemporary ethnical problems imposed on a medieval fantasy world

Good things:

The knighting scene was decent at least

Tyrion & Podrick interaction

How do you know there is an afterwards?

5 minutes ago, The Knight of Flours said:

I wondered that too.  And surely, by now, he has found something important in those Citadel books he keeps mentioning.

Of course he did. Dragonglass on Dragonstone. But he knew that already so that was pointless. And then R+L marriage, even though Gilly found that. The whole reason Sam went there was to find out stuff about the WW but instead it's all about Jon.

Just like Bran has been completely useless and all his visions and Branposition has been ALL ABOUT JON. And I still don't get D&D's focus on Jon's freaking parentage when the Targs were deposed and have no claim on the damn throne anyway. We should have seen Bran tracking the army's movement, preventing Ned Umber from going to Last Hearth, sending a raven or whatever (via skinchanging if needed) to Last Hearth and tell them to get the hell out. We should have seen him working on a way to stop the NK. Instead he sits in his freaking chair creepily staring at people, focusing on the parentage reveal and occasionally catching people up on the plot.

3 hours ago, Greenmonsterff said:

The Arya sex scene was unnecessary and felt really out of character. I’ve honestly never even thought about her as a woman. She’s just a badass who doesn’t, or hasn’t, ever really cared about sex. 

She didn't look like she really enjoyed it, just had one more line wiped out of her bucket list. 

Anyway, this must be the only show on tv where there are no gay relationships introduced.

Anyone who wished for Stark reunion before the fight, that would have been lame. They've all grown to their individual roles and have their own job to do. This underlines how strong their bond really is. This said, I must be in the wrong thread. ;)

1 hour ago, darmody said:

Why was everyone letting Sam philosophize at the War Council? For that matter, how was it decided who got an invite? And why does everyone trust Bran now? Except when they don't (Danny). 

I liked Sam's points for serendipity reasons. I'm writing a draft for article that involves the war with the Children and the Pact and the Long Night for the past three days and a part of it was the realisation that a weirwood tree equals the library of Alexandria if you know that the Children's spirit, mermories go into the tree when they die, and thus a whole grove are hundreds of such libraries, and all of Westerosi weirwoods basically all the libraries, internet and data-servers. To hear Sam talk about the memories of people in such a way was "huh!" for me, but I do agree that this was long-winded and out of place at the war council.

1 hour ago, sweetsunray said:

ETA: he does seem to think she might be her father's daughter after all, when he remarked someone else might be wearing his hand's pin soon. How many Hands did Mad Aerys have again?

5. She can waste 3 more before anyone dares to compare her to the Mad King ;)

2 minutes ago, Moshroom said:

5. She can waste 3 more before anyone dares to compare her to the Mad King ;)

Well, of course who knows what the story up North is about what she did to House Tarly? Remember those variations of what happened with Ned Stark and Robert in aGoT? I'll bet ya there are stories of her feeding all of House Tarly to her dragons for a snack or something by now ;)

8 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Well, of course who knows what the story up North is about what she did to House Tarly? Remember those variations of what happened with Ned Stark and Robert in aGoT? I'll bet ya there are stories of her feeding all of House Tarly to her dragons for a snack or something by now ;)

And there should be. None of the "normal" people have seen her doing anythinh helpful yet. She arrives with a Lannister as Hand, her dragons are probably eating whatever is left of the goats and sheep, she didn't only burn the Tarlys, but everyone who refuses to bend the knee, took away the North from the Northerners by sweettalking their King into bending the knee (from their perspective), etc.

The "dare to compare" wasn't at all meant serious.

Archived