Book spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who want to discuss the episode in relation to the books, and with reference to spoilers from them.

This topic should open automatically around the start of airing.

3 minutes ago, Pandean said:

Okay I did not expect that Arya would be getting a scene where she's stripping down and you can see her body and stuff.

Kind of strange to think she's 22 now given she was just a kid when the show started.

7 minutes ago, Pandean said:

Okay I did not expect that Arya would be getting a scene where she's stripping down and you can see her body and stuff.

Neither did I.

6 minutes ago, briantw said:

That episode was a lot of fan service, but I'm sort of okay with that given that we're about to see a lot of these characters die a week from now.

What kind of fans were served there, I wonder?

All the featured players in this ep are going to survive next Sunday night's Battle of Winterfell and the Night King.

What makes me think this is because they have to get the Night King out of the way so the human drama can play out, which is what everyone's invested in anyway.

It's what comes after, and Cersei, Euron and the Gold Company, that's when the death toll starts kicking in.  Fortunately the Iron Throne will be moot as it too will be destroyed -- yay!

Also, as everyone makes sacrifices here, if Bran is the Night King's radar or sonar or gps tracking device -- just cut off his marked arm, put it in a pit of tar and straw and when the NK arrives, set it on fire with dragon's breath. 

That was my feeling anyway.  There is nothing to say I am right.

Why is everything so dark that hardly anything can be seen?  It is winter, it is night, with only fire for light, but still -- this is tv! in the 21st century! We should at least be able to see the horses.

Edited by Zorral

Just now, Danelle said:

Was that the Jenny of Oldstones song?

Somebody's take on it, I guess. Not that anyone has any reason to assume George had any input on that. Neither Summerhall nor any names of 'the ghosts' were mentioned.

The Jenny of Oldstones song REALLY got me in the feels and it sets up some interesting parallels. A prince who loved a girl so much he gave up the throne for her. Hmmmm.

This episode was about forgiveness as we saw many characters come face to face with former enemies and put aside old scores for the greater good. There was a lot of heartwarming in this episode but in the back of my mind it felt VERY bittersweet. I think it's obvious most of them will be dead by the end of next week's episode. Grey Worm and Missendei practically said they were one day away from retirement. 

2 minutes ago, Zorral said:

All the featured players in this ep are going to survive next Sunday night's Battle of Winterfell and the Night King.

It's what comes after, and Cersei, Euron and the Gold Company, that's when the death toll starts kicking in.  Fortunately the Iron Throne will be moot as it too will be destroyed -- yay!

Or perhaps they are defeated, Winterfell falls and the few survivors seek shelter in the South.

1 minute ago, Danelle said:

Was that the Jenny of Oldstones song?

Yeap. Florence + The Machine's version.

I liked that Pippin moment... Not as elegant as in LOTR, but effective. 

Theon and Sansa together... Those two looked so nice together. 

I really did not need to see Arya undressing and having sex. That said, it really makes the important step in Arya's growing up story.

It set up the Last Battle nicely.

7 minutes ago, Zorral said:

What makes me think this is because they have to get the Night King out of the way so the human drama can play out, which is what everyone's invested in anyway.

Also, as everyone makes sacrifices here, if Bran is the Night King's radar or sonar or gps tracking device -- just cut off his marked arm, put it in a pit of tar and straw and when the NK arrives, set it on fire with dragon's breath. 

That was my feeling anyway.  There is nothing to say I am right.

Why is everything so dark that hardly anything can be seen?  It is winter, it is night, with only fire for light, but still -- this is tv! in the 21st century! We should at least be able to see the horses.

I think that Jorah and Grey Worm won't survive the Battle of Winterfell.  Ditto Theon, maybe (but his days are numbered).

Edited by Raksha 2014

30 minutes ago, Pandean said:

I guess its a bit weird, I think most people still see her as that mouthy kid from Season 1, but she's a woman now.