1 minute ago, Lord Varys said:

And what we good instead? Creepy stares by Littlefinger? Siblings actually mistrusting and trying to kill each other rather than, you know, talk? Pointless jokes?

There is no reason to believe that Bran's arc is going to transform into the thing we got in the book. This is bad writing. Having him doing nothing is just having him doing nothing. Why didn't they kill him?

I didn’t see any pointless stares from Littlefinger.  Where did those happen in the episode?

And I don’t agree that the book is the ultimate arbiter of what should happen in the show.  But I don’t think that, book or show, its that hard to imagine that being subjected to the knowledge and responsibility of the 3ER would place one outside the realm of ordinary human emotion. 

13 minutes ago, Pandean said:

Exactly. And there was barely any chemistry between her and Gendry. I hate to say it, but there it is.

It makes me feel creepy to say this but they had more chemistry when they were younger.

yup...creeped out.  I think it played out more like a young girl with a crush then which seemed harmless.  Maybe that makes me not so creepy 

2 minutes ago, dobegrrrl said:

It makes me feel creepy to say this but they had more chemistry when they were younger.

yup...creeped out.  I think it played out more like a young girl with a crush then which seemed harmless.  Maybe that makes me not so creepy 

Yeah. they had more chemistry when they were younger.

But not now. So it was just kind of ick.

8 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

I didn’t see any pointless stares from Littlefinger.  Where did those happen in the episode?

And I don’t agree that the book is the ultimate arbiter of what should happen in the show.  But I don’t think that, book or show, its that hard to imagine that being subjected to the knowledge and responsibility of the 3ER would place one outside the realm of ordinary human emotion. 

Nobody said anything about normal human emotion. Just, you know, emotion that had anything to do with the plot and make the character actually worthy of being on the screen.

Some diary could have done the job Bran did in the last couple of scenes.

21 minutes ago, D2procon said:

Why are people mad that Starks are not in a scene together? I mean lets be real guys since when were they ever together at any point? There was never ever a scene even from the beginning when the starks were ever 'together' Theyre bound by family and thats about it. There was still some disconnect between them. Sansa was never ever close to Jon. Sansa and Arya disliked each other as children and even had their moments when arya returned to Winterfel. Catelyn Stark hated Jon Snow. Rob was neutral with the Bastard. The only real close relationship was Jon Arya and Bran. Bran is weirded out so them sitting together wont mean much

At least we could have had a scene with Jon and Bran, where Arya and maybe Sansa are with him and they actuly talk about his parentage? Wouldn't he have to many questions about that? Wouldn't his ex-siblings wanna know? At least that would have made for some bounding that didn't feel rushed or pressured..

19 minutes ago, D2procon said:

Why are people mad that Starks are not in a scene together? I mean lets be real guys since when were they ever together at any point? There was never ever a scene even from the beginning when the starks were ever 'together' Theyre bound by family and thats about it. There was still some disconnect between them. Sansa was never ever close to Jon. Sansa and Arya disliked each other as children and even had their moments when arya returned to Winterfel. Catelyn Stark hated Jon Snow. Rob was neutral with the Bastard. The only real close relationship was Jon Arya and Bran. Bran is weirded out so them sitting together wont mean much

It's kind of odd how they switched around a lot of the relationships in the show. Jon and Arya adore each other in the books, but he has a much stronger relationship with Sansa in the show. Sansa and the Hound are infatuated with each other in the books, but they don't even mention each other on GOT (they even threw in a line about how he "hates gingers" last season).

I should never have read those Arya is secretly the Waif topics because I just couldn't unsee it in this episode.  Her behavior has just been so odd lately.  And when did she learn to throw daggers like that, or become so good with a bow.  Plus what was up with that scar on her side, the only wounds I recall Arya suffering was when the Waif stabbed her in the stomach.  But those were all direct hits not that kind of glancing blow.  I'm just very confused about all that. 

In other news, yeah Theon!  Finally a reunion that doesn't result in him getting smacked.  Him and Sansa were cute together, though I really won't like it if they decide to push a romantic bent to their relationship.

I'm of the opinion that Bran has set a trap within a trap.  I agree that the Night King is gunning for him, but I don't see why that means the Night King will come in person.  Bran is likely keeping his true plan a secret, but maybe I'm just biased.  I think Bran will need to become an old god to challenge the Night King, and in order to do that he will have to die and become one with the Weirwood tree.  Having the Godswood be the location of the trap fits perfectly with that, but otherwise is pretty far into Winterfell to make an effective trap for the Night King.

Also Brienne being knighted by Jaime was probably the best part of the episode.  That smile on her face was perfect.  It made up for having to sit through the rest of that awkward and lengthy bonding scene.  Well that and Podrick singing, sadly I don't expect him to survive.  Here's hoping I'm wrong (which I likely am, on all of this).

42 minutes ago, dobegrrrl said:

Isn't that the point though? Arya has become a ninja assassin. Gendry doesn't know her now.

Now it got me thinking. I wonder if Night King has visions of his own and he can see westeros the way Bran can. How else did he know the Umber boy was of relavance that he had him pinned to the wall as a message. I mean that boy could have been a random boy who was caught in the middle when the white walkers attacked last Hearth...

11 minutes ago, Bran the Shipper said:

I'm of the opinion that Bran has set a trap within a trap.  I agree that the Night King is gunning for him, but I don't see why that means the Night King will come in person.  Bran is likely keeping his true plan a secret, but maybe I'm just biased.  I think Bran will need to become an old god to challenge the Night King, and in order to do that he will have to die and become one with the Weirwood tree.  Having the Godswood be the location of the trap fits perfectly with that, but otherwise is pretty far into Winterfell to make an effective trap for the Night King.

I'd LOVE something like this, but honestly I don't think the show has anything clever up it's sleeve. It pains me to say this since I was originally a book purist, but then decided years ago to ride with the show knowing GRRM would never compete the series. And it was good times for a bit,  peaking with Hardhome. But man, the show has fallen off and every time I see complex "theories" online they are always proven wrong (other than the zombie dragon taking down the wall).

The writing hasn't set up any of the cool Night ('s) King theories that sprouted from the books. He just "wants an endless night" now, according to Bran. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm scared this will just be a straight battle against the dead, and then an annoying human power struggle (Jon/Danny/Sansa/Cersei) for the iron throne after that. No Nissa Nissa theories, no complexity to the NK, etc.

So, as suspected, all the drama about the North and Dany was just that, manufactured drama. Hardly a murmor of it this week, Sansa even apologized to Dany. Actually, the meeting they had this episode was exactly what should have went down in the first episode. Sansa expressing her concerns in a one on one face to face with Dany. 

No more Northern defectors, Lady Mormont focused on the task at hand. 

almost like it never happened, which it shouldn't have. 

1 hour ago, Trebla said:

(since HBO continues to not give ANYTHING away before the ep. airs), 

Except for the entire episode that leaked earlier today.

Kudos to them for keeping the episode title secret, though.  :lol:

12 minutes ago, briantw said:

Except for the entire episode that leaked earlier today.

Kudos to them for keeping the episode title secret, though.  :lol:

Is the episode confirmed to be titled A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms?

2 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

Dany said it can't be true and asked him who told him.  He says Bran and Sam.  She thinks it's really convenient that his brother and best friend would tell him that, but Jon assures her it's true.  She tells him, he's the last male Targaryen heir, and that he has a claim to the Iron Throne.  Jon looks at her without saying anything, and the horns blow.  They head out and they find Tyrion.  Jon nods at her, and they walk away.  Final scene is the white walkers outside Winterfell.

Correction, Dany said, "IF it were true, then you would be the last male Targaryen heir. You would have a claim to the Iron Throne." And she certainly didn't sound happy with that. Both her face and her voice revealed she felt threatened by it, and she was close to demand what he intended to do, before the horn sounded thrice. Jon noticed her defensive response as well, and he was slightly takan aback by it, based on the twitch beneath his eye (Kit used the same twitch last week when he thought Sam was making Ned out to be a liar). It was tense between them. 

3 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Correction, Dany said, "IF it were true, then you would be the last male Targaryen heir. You would have a claim to the Iron Throne." And she certainly didn't sound happy with that. Both her face and her voice revealed she felt threatened by it, and she was close to demand what he intended to do, before the horn sounded thrice. Jon noticed her defensive response as well, and he was slightly takan aback by it, based on the twitch beneath his eye (Kit used the same twitch last week when he thought Sam was making Ned out to be a liar). It was tense between them. 

I wish someone would just point out that them getting married would solve basically every problem.

Just now, briantw said:

I wish someone would just point out that them getting married would solve basically every problem.

Before I'd marry someone, I'd want to know whether they'd kill me for being first in line if I didn't marry them. And Jon wasn't brought up expecting to wed a close relative either. It's bad enough the show handwaves and lampshades stuff all the time.