I think now, with what we have seen, Dany helps out and they beat the NK, maybe not in Ep3 outright but by the end of ep 4 at the latest. But after that, I assume Jon wouldn't want to start a new war with Cersei, he'd want to talk to things through because they are essentially at a stalemate, especially if she didn't attack them and has just been holding back in KL. But Dany would want to take her out, and Jon would have to intervene. So Jon VS Dany, to avoid a new war.

Of course, that favors Cersei, so who knows how it would play out after. Dany could just decide to fly away, abandoning her attempts to take the throne, rather than kill Jon, and I can see Cersei then killing Rhaegal when Jon doesn't suspect it. Cersei wins. Or at least, for a time.

40 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

I think now, with what we have seen, Dany helps out and they beat the NK, maybe not in Ep3 outright but by the end of ep 4 at the latest. But after that, I assume Jon wouldn't want to start a new war with Cersei, he'd want to talk to things through because they are essentially at a stalemate, especially if she didn't attack them and has just been holding back in KL. But Dany would want to take her out, and Jon would have to intervene. So Jon VS Dany, to avoid a new war.

Of course, that favors Cersei, so who knows how it would play out after. Dany could just decide to fly away, abandoning her attempts to take the throne, rather than kill Jon, and I can see Cersei then killing Rhaegal when Jon doesn't suspect it. Cersei wins. Or at least, for a time.

Jon would never intervene against Daenerys on Cersei's behalf.
The idea is ludicrous. 

24 minutes ago, princess brittany said:

will jon be a Targ in the books? i am guessing he will be.

I wouldn't bet against it, that's for sure.

D&D make up a lot of stuff as they go along, but I'm sure GRRM has given them some key pointers.
Jon being a Targaryen seems like one of those.

13 minutes ago, goaliechris said:

I am sure I am forgetting something but where are the armies of Dorne? Could they have a say when Cersei attacks the winners of the war?

You're not forgetting something, we all wonder that, or about Dorne in general.
I recall Dorne being (very) briefly mentioned during the latter half of S7, something about them fighting among themselves, probably due to the power-vacuum after the elimination of the Martell's and Ellarias imprisonment. 

Regardless, I doubt we'll see much more of Dorne.
Ellaria is probably still alive but imprisoned in Kings Landing, but then Edmure Tully is probably still alive and imprisoned at the Twins as well, and Arya didn't even bother releasing her uncle. They got poorly swept under the rug and I'll be annoyed if we get no closure on those fronts, especially regarding Edmure who is the last living Tully. (Ellaria is technically no one.)

Edited by MinscS2

4 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

The idea is ludicrous. 

D&D make up a lot of stuff as they go along, but I'm sure GRRM has given them some key pointers.

I recall Dorne being (very) briefly mentioned during the latter half of S7, something about them fighting among themselves, probably due to the power-vacuum after the elimination of the Martell's and Ellarias imprisonment. 

Ellaria is probably still alive but imprisoned in Kings Landing, but then Edmure Tully is probably still alive and imprisoned at the Twins as well, and Arya didn't even bother releasing her uncle. They got poorly swept under the rug and I'll be annoyed if we get no closure on those fronts, especially regarding Edmure who is the last living Tully. (Ellaria is technically no one.)

If Dany is attacking KL and essentially starting another war while Jon is hoping to make peace with Cersei, Jon will be pressed on to stop her. Doesn't mean he would fight to the death, but he could be lured to take action to stop her, and then Cersei and co. fire a ballista against either dragons or whichever is left.

13 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

If Dany is attacking KL and essentially starting another war while Jon is hoping to make peace with Cersei, Jon will be pressed on to stop her. Doesn't mean he would fight to the death, but he could be lured to take action to stop her, and then Cersei and co. fire a ballista against either dragons or whichever is left.

Meh, not even Jon is daft enough to try and make peace with Cersei. She tricked him as well, remember. 
Sansa would never allow it either, if we assume that she's still alive and well after the next episode.

Gendry got laid.  He's dead.

Brienne got knighted.  She's dead.

Varys and Royce are glorified extras.  They're dead.

Ghost is too expensive to film and you can make a strong narrative/character argument that Jon doesn't need/shouldn't have him anymore.  He's dead.

Jorah has finally made peace with the friendzone and had a family reunion with little Lady Mormont.  He's dead.

Edd finally got to act like Edd one last time.  He's dead.

Beric is just his flaming sword prop and doesn't fit in anywhere anymore.  He's dead.

Pod is comedic relief in a show that's run out of comedy time.  DEAD.

Davos?  Old, not a fighter, not necessary going forward.  He's dead.

Soup Girl that looks like Shireen?  gonna be the wight that kills Davos.  Dead.

Alys Karstark?  Too many spitfire girls on the show as it is and you don't even get lines.  Dead.

Grey Worm and Missandei?  That Naath plan was the most "Two Days Away From Retirement" speech I ever heard.  Dead and Dead.

Next week should be a lot of fun if you like crying. 

[and I continue to have a funny feeling Theon is going to live.]

6 hours ago, Frances Bean Corbray said:

Ghost is too expensive to film and you can make a strong narrative/character argument that Jon doesn't need/shouldn't have him anymore.  He's dead.

Jorah has finally made peace with the friendzone and had a family reunion with little Lady Mormont.  He's dead.

Beric is just his flaming sword prop and doesn't fit in anywhere anymore.  He's dead.

Alys Karstark?  Too many spitfire girls on the show as it is and you don't even get lines.  Dead.

Grey Worm and Missandei?  That Naath plan was the most "Two Days Away From Retirement" speech I ever heard.  Dead and Dead.

Ha ha, this is someone who TOTALLY gets the show!

I'll just add the only mystery to next week is whether Ser Brienne dies in Ser Jamie's arms or Ser Jamie dies in Ser Brienne's arms.

Oh, and no, Theon's redemption arc is complete. Dead.

8 hours ago, goaliechris said:

I am sure I am forgetting something but where are the armies of Dorne? Could they have a say when Cersei attacks the winners of the war?

Dorne's done. Notice the opening credits - some people expect them to change as other regions appear in the episodes. I don't think so - the 3 we get is all we're going to get. Notice this week the KL prop appeared even though we didn't see a second of KL. No, with The Last Hearth gone, Winterfell and KL is all we're getting this season. Winterfell will fall and everyone will fall back on KL, although if they were smart, knowing the NK is after Bran, a small party with Bran would sneak into KL to entice the Undead to attack Cercei's hordes whilst the rest of the posse would take a summer break in Sunspear.

Not sure if it has been brought up before, was some days off and don't have time to read the whole thread. 

The strategy sucks big. The Night King is after Bran? Why doesn't Bran board a ship to the Iron Islands, Bear Island, Skagos? The wight dragon should not be able to fly across water. And if he could, only the Night's King could fly to where Bran is. 50 archers with dragonglass arrows should be enough to take him out.

Btw, where is Anguy? He should be concentrating on taking out White Walkers and the Night King.

24 minutes ago, alienarea said:

Not sure if it has been brought up before, was some days off and don't have time to read the whole thread. 

The strategy sucks big. The Night King is after Bran? Why doesn't Bran board a ship to the Iron Islands, Bear Island, Skagos? The wight dragon should not be able to fly across water. And if he could, only the Night's King could fly to where Bran is. 50 archers with dragonglass arrows should be enough to take him out.

Btw, where is Anguy? He should be concentrating on taking out White Walkers and the Night King.

Yeh, I cheekily suggested above that Bran should be secreted into Cercei's boudoir (or more seriously into the tunnels below the Iron Throne as depicted in the opening credits). The rest can take a sunny beach break until the WWs wipe out Cercei's forces.

11 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

The idea is ludicrous. 

If Ellaria's still alive, I expect she'll go up in flames with the rest of Kings Landing.

14 hours ago, princess brittany said:

will jon be a Targ in the books? i am guessing he will be.

Are you still hoping for more books? I think if GRRM doesn’t meet his Annie Wilkes there’s not much chance of that happening. 

I hope the cast enjoyed shooting all those scenes with so many of them together. Beats the crap out of talking to a melon on a stick in front of a green background. 

16 hours ago, Frances Bean Corbray said:

Couldn’t agree more with your list. Theon I consider him dead already since he is going to guard Bran. He will take the first blow. But you never know...