[Poll] How would you rate episode 802?

How would you rate episode 802?  

287 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

2 minutes ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

6/10. As a setup episode, it paled in comparison to last week. Much if it felt like filler, and I never needed to see Maisie Williams' sideboob. Still, it was great that Brianne got knighted. That was a very nice scene. 

I gave it an 8. Lots of good stuff, and maybe I'm just a crazy epic fantasy fan, but I liked all of the more intimate conversations. Frankly, I could've watched a couple hours of everyone getting their last bit of peace before the flight to come.

But, uh, yeah... Didn't need to see Arya topless. When all is said and done with this adaptation, her topless may be a bigger surprise to me than reading about Ned's beheading and the Red Wedding LOL

3 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I've liked the last two episodes more than anything from seasons five, six, and seven. I'm really crossing my fingers that they can keep this up.

I liked season 5 (Hardhome is still the best episode of the series for me), but I'd say better than 90% of S6 or S7. 

Gave it a 9/10. Was a little slow in parts, but also very moving in others, especially the knighting of Brienne, and when Sansa ran to hug Theon.

As a side note, when the episode said it contained "Brief Nudity", who would've thought it would be Arya? 

Also, when Jon tells Dany the story of his birth, her first thought isn't, "Oh no! I'm your aunt!"...no, it's "That makes you the remaining male Targaryen heir." And of course the war horns sounded before we could explore that story line any further...

2 hours ago, Ran said:

What'd you think?

9/10. This episode had me feeling such a huge range of emotions. I would be laughing one minute and then nearly in tears the next because I know whats coming. The episode had some light-hearted moments between characters who wouldn't normally get along, but it was all tinged with the underlying tension what was to come. I love that Arya and Gendry finally got together, I can't believe Jon told Daenerys the truth, I loved when Jaime Knighted Brienne. I am glad Jaime apologised to Bran and meant it. I'm also glad there was no Cersei or Euron (they definetely would have ruined it) Jon and Sam reuniting with The Nights Watch was also amazing, Sansa and Daenerys temporarily making peace was great while it lasted. There were honestly so many things about this episode I loved, and I'm going to be devestated next week when most of the characters who made it so great will inevitably die 

5 minutes ago, Ser Sinister said:

Gave it a 9/10. Was a little slow in parts, but also very moving in others, especially the knighting of Brienne, and when Sansa ran to hug Theon.

As a side note, when the episode said it contained "Brief Nudity", who would've thought it would be Arya? 

Also, when Jon tells Dany the story of his birth, her first thought isn't, "Oh no! I'm your aunt!"...no, it's "That makes you the remaining male Targaryen heir." And of course the war horns sounded before we could explore that story line any further...

By my count that's the 3rd time an interruption has ended an important reveal/conversation. That's pretty horrible writing, but whatevs.

6/10. A lot of pointless dialogue again, apart from Brienne's knighting and the war council. They should have made last week's episode longer, to include some of this stuff. I liked some of Bran's stuff this episode, too, and Jenny's song.

I said 4/10.  I've been so disappointed so far this season.  Everything feels thrown together, rushed, and stilted to me.  It's a mix of wasting time on little scenes that I don't care about, and then the scenes that really matter are too brief, interrupted, or completely glossed over.  

I enjoyed Brienne being knighted and Sansa hugging Theon.  I found the Gendry/Arya scene to be very awkward and felt forced and weird.  The "I fought for you" scene between Arya and Sandor was sweet, but cut short.  I was frustrated that the scene where Jon tells Dany was at the end of the episode and was interrupted and extremely brief.  

Anyway..I guess maybe this was always going to happen, when so much needs to take place in only a few episodes.  It feels like nothing (that's important or we were made to care about in earlier seasons) is being given the time it deserves.  I've also been pretty taken aback by some of the lines being very poorly written and unmemorable.

5/10. This episode was so sentimental. It did not feel like GoT. Everytime something "sweet" happened, my first thought was "that person is going to die." I Ioved the Arya/Gendry scenes, Brienne/Jamie scenes, Sansa/Dany, Jorah/Lyanna, Knights Watch reunion... it all seems a set-up for devastating deaths. 

11 minutes ago, Red Dragon10 said:

It's a mix of wasting time on little scenes that I don't care about, and then the scenes that really matter are too brief, interrupted, or completely glossed over.  

I enjoyed Brienne being knighted and Sansa hugging Theon.  I found the Gendry/Arya scene to be very awkward and felt forced and weird.  The "I fought for you" scene between Arya and Sandor was sweet, but cut short.  I was frustrated that the scene where Jon tells Dany was at the end of the episode and was interrupted and extremely brief.  

I think that voices exactly how I feel, though I rated the episode a bit more highly than you did. All the stuff I wanted to see was cut short, and all the stuff I didn't care about was stretched out.

1 hour ago, HellasLEAF said:

How's this for a score.

10 out of 10.

Amazing.  This masterclass of an episode proves you don't need big battles and special effects.  The moments throughout, and there were many, were just as impactful...

Absolutely!!

Some people think any episode !with a lot of dialogue and without some fight scenes is boring, but this was wonderful! So many meaningful, funny and touching moments. And honestly, I know not everyone is sentimental, but how can you not care how these characters we've watched and loved/hated for so many years feel the night before they will most likely die?

Brienne stands up for Jaime

Jaime humbles himself and apologizes to Bran.

Tyrion emphasizes the magnitude of the change in Jaime when he tells her "You always knew what she was and you loved her anyway.", yet Jaime walked away from Cersei and came to Winterfell.

Sansa and Dany ALMOST made nice.

Oh, that little girl with the burn scar on her face. You know Davos had to be remembering the Princess Shireen. That tore at my heart strings.

Edd reunites with Sam and Jon, and then Tormund practically tackles Jon.LOL!!  Gotta love Tormund! Then he wants to know if the "big woman" is still there. :D

Bran's revelation that the NK wants him and why and that the NK has tried to kill three-eyed ravens before him.

I really liked it when Sam gave his family sword to Jorah.

Even Sandor and Arya had a tender moment (for them).

And I loved the little soiree by the fireplace-what soldiers do the night they expect to die. Tyrion fills Pod's cup to overflowing after Brienne says a half cup only. And then Jaime nighted Brienne!! I know I'm a sentimental sap, but did anyone else get teary-eyed?

Arya and Gendry - yay!!! Finally! I've been waiting for them to get together since what, Season 2?

GHOST IS BACK - YAY!!!!

Oh, and I really like Arya and Gendry's conversation in the forge. She wanted to know exactly what they're up against, and suddenly her training to be an assassin with men who worship the god of death has a whole new meaning.

Edited by SansaJonRule

I gave it a weak 7. There were some really good things this episode though. 

Things I liked:

Arya throwing the knives & Gendry deciding he had better start making her weapon

Jaime & Brienne! Absolutely great. Gave me chills. 

Bran saying "The things we do for love" he's a very unsettling little fella. 

Bran telling Jaime if he hadn't pushed him out of the window Jaime would still be who he was & Bran would still be Brandon Stark. 

Pod's song. That whole scene was nice really.

Things I didn't like: 

No Ghost or mention of him again. 

Arya & The Hound - they are two of my favorites & their on screen chemistry was amazing in the past but tonight it fell flat. Like they put them together just to show them together. 

Jaime & Tyrion - they are both great actors so I feel like the blame lies with bad writing. The same old jokes etc. 

Things I'm on the fence about:

Arya & Gendry's sex scene - in the book they have chemistry but on the show not so much. If I just think of them as book Gendry & Arya I don't mind the sex. 

Dany jumping to "if that's true you would be the last surviving male Targaryen & give you a claim to the IT" I don't take issue with Dany not immediately being worried about Jon being her nephew & their sexual relations because she wouldn't be bothered by that. Maybe Jon would but not her. My issue with her jumping to that is that the show is making her out to be obsessed with the IT. Dany started out only wanting to go home & while she has come a long way from the girl she used to be I still think her first thoughts would be of Rhaegar & knowing he wasn't a rapist & I don't think it will escape her that the IT hardly matters atm. 

16 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

Absolutely!!

Some people think any episode !with a lot of dialogue and without some fight scenes is boring, but this was wonderful! So many meaningful, funny and touching moments.

Brienne stands up for Jaime

Jaime humbles himself and apologizes to Bran.

Tyrion emphasizes the magnitude of the change in Jaime when he tells her "You always knew what she was and you loved her anyway.", yet Jaime walked away from Cersei and came to Winterfell.

Sansa and Dany ALMOST made nice.

Oh, that little girl with the burn scar on her face. You know Davos had to be remembering the Princess Shireen. That tore at my heart strings.

Edd reunites with Sam and Jon, and then Tormund practically tackles Jon.LOL!!  Gotta love Tormund! Then he wants to know if the "big woman" is still there. :D

Bran's revelation that the NK wants him and why and that the NK has tried to kill three-eyed ravens before him.

I really liked it when Sam gave his family sword to Jorah.

Even Sandor and Arya had a tender moment (for them).

And I loved the little soiree by the fireplace-what soldiers do the night they expect to die. Tyrion fills Pod's cup to overflowing after Brienne says a half cup only. And then Jaime nighted Brienne!! I know I'm a sentimental sap, but did anyone else get teary-eyed?

Arya and Gendry - yay!!! Finally! I've been waiting for them to get together since what, Season 2?

GHOST IS BACK - YAY!!!!

Wait, what? I missed Ghost. Where was he?