Jon faction VS Daenerys faction

When the truth about Jon's parentage comes out, do you think there will be two different factions, one who want Daenerys to be the ruler of the Seven Kingdoms, and one that wants Jon to be the ruler of the Seven Kingdoms? I know that out dear old unambitious Jon doesn't want to be King, but Sam made it pretty clear that he would rather Jon be the ruler then Daenerys. 

Of course there is always the chance that with the battle against the Others looming over them, and then having to deal with Cersei afterwards, that this just won't be a thing, but I feel like this type of drama is just too juicy not to include.  xD

So if you do think there will be two factions, who do you think will be in each faction? 

I cant see anyone declaring for Daenerys except Drogon. Yara is the only one left and I dont see her fighting her side her brother is on.

Jon and the Starks have ties to really key kingdoms (Stormlands, Vale, Riverlands, Reach, North, Iron Islands). Not sure about Dorne but I could see Jon letting them have their independence. This is why Dany's only chance to win is by the burn them all strategy.

11 hours ago, Euron III Greyjoy said:

When the truth about Jon's parentage comes out, do you think there will be two different factions

Well, we know already know that there will be FIRST the battle, the Great War, and THEN any further revelations. So there might be a lot less people to have an opinion anyway. 

But yes, of course there will be some supporters of Jon and some of Danerys. 

My guess is that Jon and Daenerys will resolve it somehow on their own. Maybe Jon eventually sacrifices himself for the Greater Good or both realise that the Iron throne should be destroyed.

I kind of always saw it as the North, Vale, and Riverlands become their own Kingdom. The Iron islands and Dorne get independence. Dany can have what's left.

Side note: if the NK is defeated for good and there is no need for the wall, does the North get all the land above the wall now?

In any other show, this would be a season long storyline worth telling. But Game of Thrones only has 4 episodes left of which a lot of conflict needs to be resolved and battles need to be fought. There isn’t time for a Jon vs Dany throne battle. They will just marry each other since whoever wins is going to need a spouse and what better then the other.

6 minutes ago, Lord Lyman said:

In any other show, this would be a season long storyline worth telling. But Game of Thrones only has 4 episodes left of which a lot of conflict needs to be resolved and battles need to be fought. There isn’t time for a Jon vs Dany throne battle. They will just marry each other since whoever wins is going to need a spouse and what better then the other.

Dany is taking the throne by force does she really need to resolve his claim. if she can't have children she can accept him as her heir and marry him off. A marriage between them isnt the only solution. 

I don't think she will allow for there to be two factions - it may take some work on her part, but her first desire was to have her family back on the throne.  Viserys would have been sitting, not her.  Once he got crowned with gold it became her desire - but her initial desire is for her family to be back in power.  I think once they get through with whatever survivors are from Winterfell she and Jon will have a little sitdown where he will say he doesn't want to be king but wants to be with her and they'll come to an agreement.

I don't think it will be an issue long enough for factions to truly form. I think one of them will end up dying - likely sacrificing themselves to save the other or mankind in general. I am curious to see if Jon will even reveal the truth to everyone else. I could see him not wanting the throne, ceding it to Dany, and just keeping his parentage secret, maybe just telling his family. 

This will quickly be resolved either by marriage or the death of one of them. The show can not and will not spend writing effort on this conflict. 

Frankly, I’m fine with Jon’s being the chosen boy who lived and brought peace to the galaxy and Daenerys’s joining someone taller in the afterlife. 

2 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

This will quickly be resolved either by marriage or the death of one of them. The show can not and will not spend writing effort on this conflict. 

Frankly, I’m fine with Jon’s being the chosen boy who lived and brought peace to the galaxy and Daenerys’s joining someone taller in the afterlife. 

This is a plot point I am conflicted on, since both are kind of cliche.  Jon has long been the doomed, secret prophecy prince, who sacrifices his own happiness over and over for the good of the many. Him doing it one more time to save humanity, make sense and is still a cliche.  Dany, whose sole, driving purpose is to get the Iron Throne and has been since the very beginning, deciding, at the 11th hour that ruling is about sacrifice, and sacrificing herself for 'her' people would be a typical late stage turnaround, so also a cliche.  I'm just not sure which of these cliches is going to happen, or both.

7 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah I'm thinking so too.
Either one of them (or both) die in the next episode, or we'll see a Targ-wedding in episode 5.

As for the "someone taller", wasn't she talking about Jorah?

Ugh

If the showrunners were decent writers and had paced themselves properly, this could have been easily rectified with a wedding in the Godswood or the Wintertown in the second episode. Instead they chose to put off having Daenerys discover of Jon's identity until the last three minutes of the episodes.

8 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

She was talking about Drogo.

It could be, but I'm not so sure.

Daenerys: "I'm here because I love your brother. And I trust him. And I know he's true to his worth. He's only the second man in my life I can say that about."
Sansa: "Who was the first?"
Daenerys: "Someone taller."

Bear in mind that this scene came right after her heartwarming scene with Jorah.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the two men Daenerys trusts are Jorah and Jon, not Drogo and Jon.

13 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

This is a plot point I am conflicted on, since both are kind of cliche.  Jon has long been the doomed, secret prophecy prince, who sacrifices his own happiness over and over for the good of the many. Him doing it one more time to save humanity, make sense and is still a cliche.  Dany, whose sole, driving purpose is to get the Iron Throne and has been since the very beginning, deciding, at the 11th hour that ruling is about sacrifice, and sacrificing herself for 'her' people would be a typical late stage turnaround, so also a cliche.  I'm just not sure which of these cliches is going to happen, or both.

I don’t expect Daenerys’ death to be a sacrifice. I just expect her to be skewered by a walker spear by accident and fall to her death from Drogon (after which Drogon eats/burns the night king in revenge and flies off into the sunset). I wouldn’t like any kind of sacrifice, i agree with you, it would not be like Daenerys. 

Jon has been one big Mary Sue from day 1, it’s only fair that his ending is equally cliche. 

11 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Yeah I'm thinking so too.
Either one of them (or both) die in the next episode, or we'll see a Targ-wedding in episode 5.

As for the "someone taller", wasn't she talking about Jorah?

Jorah betrayed her a few times, she was talking about Khal Drogo. 

And grammatically her line didn’t imply that the two men who she knows to be true to their world are both with her in the present. 

1 minute ago, MinscS2 said:

It could be, but I'm not so sure.

Daenerys: "I'm here because I love your brother. And I trust him. And I know he's true to his worth. He's only the second man in my life I can say that about."
Sansa: "Who was the first?"
Daenerys: "Someone taller."

Bear in mind that this scene came right after her heartwarming scene with Jorah.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the two men Daenerys trusts at this point is Jorah and Jon, not Drogo and Jon.

It was about Drogo. There was a time she couldn’t trust Jorah. 

Just now, RhaenysBee said:

Jorah betrayed her a few times, she was talking about Khal Drogo. 

And Drogo raped her a few times.

Dany made it clear in this episode that whatever wrongs Jorah had done, where "long ago and long forgiven"

Archived