Jon faction VS Daenerys faction

10 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

No they didn’t. He broke a sacred law in Vaes Dothrak and forfeit his life. 

In the books Dany even tried to offer him the dragons eggs, but he wouldn’t listen. There were several Khals present, too, not just Drogo. The show simplified the scene, but he was dead as soon as he brandished his sword. 

It has been so long since I read A Game of Thrones, so I could be wrong. However can't one argue that offering the Dothraki some Dragon Eggs is a poor choice in ways to offset their anger? As if Dragon Eggs would stop them.

Then in regards to Daenerys respecting the Dothraki and their beliefs... well she didn't care about using Blood Magic.

Just now, A Dance with Davos said:

It has been so long since I read A Game of Thrones, so I could be wrong. However can't one argue that offering the Dothraki some Dragon Eggs is a poor choice in ways to offset their anger? As if Dragon Eggs would stop them.

Then in regards to Daenerys respecting the Dothraki and their beliefs... well she didn't care about using Blood Magic.

She offered Viserys the dragons eggs, not the Dothraki. 

13 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

So Jon needs to die too? If he has children. He will use the Targaryen name since he is no longer a bastard. 

Wouldn't that be a happy ("bittersweet") ending?

Both main protagonists, lying dead on the ground...

Just now, A Dance with Davos said:

It clearly has been a long time since I read/watched, haha.

As far as not respecting the Dothraki beliefs, the difference was that the incident with Viserys happened in Vaes Dothrak. Which was a sacred place. 

There are no Jon/Dany factions, there is no where near enough time to even contemplate that. Besides Dany and Jon are together at

Spoiler

Dragonstone

in what is most likely episode 4, and they have Cersei still to deal with. There is no plausible roadmap forthem turning against each other. There are only 4 ways this gets resolved:

1) They get married.

2) Jon Dies.

3) Dany dies.

4) Both die.

That's it.

1 minute ago, A Dance with Davos said:

That was at different points in her personal development. Daenerys was a very dynamic character in Season 1/Book 1. She was a frightened child under the thumb of her brother then developed Stockholm syndrome for Drogo, learned to coexist with him and was fine with becoming a Dothraki woman (she was happy with staying in Essos until the attempt at her life with the wine) and even when she decided to retake her Throne was still rapidly assimilating into Dothraki culture (respecting their believes, telling Viserys that he wouldn't deserve any bells, since he hasn't won any battles, naming her son in the Dothraki way and envisioning him as a Dothraki warrior, learning their language etc etc etc.)
....and then she saw the ugly side of the Dothraki first hand and decided she didn't like it, that led to the loss of her husband at which point, in her desperation, she turned to Bloodmagic. That didn't work out and it led to her downfall in the Red Waste and subsequent character development in the following seasons/books.

It clearly evident that it's Daenerys at different points in her development.

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

There are no Jon/Dany factions, there is no where near enough time to even contemplate that. Besides Dany and Jon are together at Dragonstone in what is most likely episode 4, and they have Cersei still to deal with. There is no plausible roadmap forthem turning against each other. There are only 4 ways this gets resolved:

1) They get married.

2) Jon Dies.

3) Dany dies.

4) Both die.

That's it.

I think there’s also a possibility both refuse the throne and leave Westeros together. 

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

There are no Jon/Dany factions, there is no where near enough time to even contemplate that. Besides Dany and Jon are *SPOILER*

Ah yes, I had forgotten that we got to see them there in what I assume is some sort of teaser/preview. 

With that said, I put up a spoiler-warning because most people (including me normally) don't watch teasers and previews, so theyll get spoiled by reading that. 

Just now, Nictarion said:

I think there’s also a possibility both refuse the throne and leave Westeros together. 

Would fit somewhat with the Lord of the Rings-inspired bittersweet ending that GRRM allegedly has in mind.

1 minute ago, Nictarion said:

That seems very, very unlikely given the two characters and the author of the story.  That would be a happy ending for them, and we are not getting that.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

That seems very, very unlikely given the two characters and the author of the story.  That would be a happy ending for them, and we are not getting that.

Because Ramsay said so? ;)

To quote myself, allegedly GRRM wants a bittersweet ending akin to that of LotR.
I can only speak for myself, but I'd consider the ending in LotR to be mostly happy - although I can certainly understand the bitter-sweet part.
Frodo, like Tyrion, could never quite go back to a life of booze and whores...

7 hours ago, Bran Snow said:

I kind of always saw it as the North, Vale, and Riverlands become their own Kingdom. The Iron islands and Dorne get independence. Dany can have what's left.

Side note: if the NK is defeated for good and there is no need for the wall, does the North get all the land above the wall now?

That seems possible, although I really dislike the Vale being folded into the North’s kingdom. They have their own unique culture, religion, traditions and a royal House that has ruled for almost as long if not as long as the Starks.

3 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Because Ramsay said so? ;)

To quote myself, allegedly GRRM wants a bittersweet ending akin to that of LotR.
I can only speak for myself, but I'd consider the ending in LotR to be mostly happy - although I can certainly understand the bitter-sweet part.
Frodo, like Tyrion, could never quite go back to a life of booze and whores...

I believe with absolute certainty that the author's idea of 'bittersweet' is most people's idea of nihilism.  And the fact that the neo-hipster showrunners 'loved' the ending also suggests it is not going to be 'mostly happy' because this doesn't fit to me the elements of the show that they have played up: violence, perversion, death and honor being a pointless and stupid character trait.

I really dislike the idea of the Iron Islands becoming independent. I suppose on the show Yara promised there'd be no more raiding, and if a single speech by Daenerys can change Dothraki culture completely, then I suppose the same is true for Yara changing Ironborn culture...

11 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Would fit somewhat with the Lord of the Rings-inspired bittersweet ending that GRRM allegedly has in mind.

I think bittersweet would be more like Jon being killed, and Dany spending the rest of her life alone as Queen, or Dany being killed, and Jon having to accept a crown that he never wanted.

Just now, SeanF said:

I think bittersweet would be more like Jon being killed, and Dany spending the rest of her life alone as Queen, or Dany being killed, and Jon having to accept a crown that he never wanted.

Yeah that's not impossible either.

Why people surprised to see Dany's displeasure on Jon's claim to the iron throne? She simply doesn't care about the ''claim''. It's just an excuse for her to rule. The Targaryen dynasty has ended in Robert's Rebellion.

Do anyone think she would give the iron throne to Viserys if he was alive? Since Viserys has a better clam than her claim as a Targaryen? She just stood there and let Khal Drogo to kill him, the ''rightful ruler'' of the 7K according to Dany's claim.

She doesn't care about the claim, she just wants to 7K as only ruler, we've seen how far she can go for accomplishing that goal (killing countless people and conquering several cities in Essos).

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

My bet is both die together in a Romeo/Juliet way, and Tyrion raises their child to be the future king.

While this isn't impossible, it only possible if they both survive until the very end and Dany dies in childbirth, which causes Jon to commit suicide out of grief. 

Reading trough that sentence in my mind, it didn't seem very likely that Jon would commit suicide when he has a child to look after.
(Let alone how immensely lame it would be to have a character such as Daenerys die in childbirth. If she needs to die, at least let the woman go out in a literal blaze of glory.)

Archived