Jon faction VS Daenerys faction

1 minute ago, Erkan12 said:

Why people surprised to see Dany's displeasure on Jon's claim to the iron throne? She simply doesn't care about the ''claim''. It's just an excuse for her to rule. The Targaryen dynasty has ended in Robert's Rebellion.

Do anyone think she would give the iron throne to Viserys if he was alive? Since Viserys has a better clam than her claim as a Targaryen? She just stood there and let Khal Drogo to kill him, the ''rightful ruler'' of the 7K according to Dany's claim.

She doesn't care about the claim, she just wants to 7K as only ruler, we've seen how far she can go for accomplishing that goal (killing countless people and conquering several cities in Essos).

Well, Viserys had been about to stab her, a minute previously.  Most people would not inclined to save a person who threatened their murder.

12 minutes ago, Erkan12 said:

Why people surprised to see Dany's displeasure on Jon's claim to the iron throne? She simply doesn't care about the ''claim''. It's just an excuse for her to rule. The Targaryen dynasty has ended in Robert's Rebellion.

Do anyone think she would give the iron throne to Viserys if he was alive? Since Viserys has a better clam than her claim as a Targaryen? She just stood there and let Khal Drogo to kill him, the ''rightful ruler'' of the 7K according to Dany's claim.

She doesn't care about the claim, she just wants to 7K as only ruler, we've seen how far she can go for accomplishing that goal (killing countless people and conquering several cities in Essos).

Dany cares very much about her claim to the throne (not necessarily the rightful Targaryen claim to the throne) - which is why she doesn't want to hear that Jon has the better claim. Her sense of entitlement to the throne (and being the "last Targaryen") has become very much a part of her identity and sense of self. 

6 minutes ago, a girl knows nothing said:

Dany cares very much about her claim to the throne (not necessarily the rightful Targaryen claim to the throne) - which is why she doesn't want to hear that Jon has the better claim. Her sense of entitlement to the throne (and being the "last Targaryen") has become very much a part of her identity and sense of self. 

Daenerys reaction was exactly what I expected it to be.
Suddenly she's not only no longer the one with the "biggest" claim, she's also no longer the last Targaryen.
Her world-view was shattered in a matter of seconds. (So basically just another thing she and Jon has in common.)

I also expect her to come around once she's been given some time to contemplate.
First off though, she needs to roast some undead and save a shitty castle. 

2 minutes ago, Lady Anna said:

Dany may or may not die but I'm certain it won't be in childbirth. That would be a complete disservice to her character.

It really would. I honestly can't think of a worse way for her to go. 

3 minutes ago, Lady Anna said:

Dany may or may not die but I'm certain it won't be in childbirth. That would be a complete disservice to her character.

Also, I don't think there's enough time for her to die from childbirth. Unless she has some sort of mutant Targaryen dragon spawn growing at an alarming speed inside her. Or they do a flash forward, which would just be lame.

7 minutes ago, Lady Anna said:

I think one of her dragons gets her. Proving once and for all that she's not a god and Targs aren't immune to fire.

7 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

Proving once and for all that she's not a god and Targs aren't immune to fire.

Are we somehow led to believe that she is a "god" and that (all) Targaryens are immune to fire?

That Daenerys specifically is immune to fire in the show isn't a statement that can be refuted, it's canon.
But when has anyone tried to claim that Targaryens in general are immune to fire?
And when has anyone, herself included, tried to portray her as a "god"? I've never heard anyone in the show state that at least.

Edit: The only person I can remember has had the word "god" thrown their way is (ironically) Jon, by the wildlings. 

1 hour ago, MinscS2 said:

Wouldn't that be a happy ("bittersweet") ending?

Both main protagonists, lying dead on the ground...

I said if he had children. Bittersweet for me is Jon on the throne because he doesn’t want it. A happy ending is Jon training little Starks (Arya or Sansa kids) in Winterfell like he was training Bran in the first episode.:P

55 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Are we somehow led to believe that she is a "god" and that (all) Targaryens are immune to fire?

That Daenerys specifically is immune to fire in the show isn't a statement that can be refuted, it's canon.
But when has anyone tried to claim that Targaryens in general are immune to fire?
And when has anyone, herself included, tried to portray her as a "god"? I've never heard anyone in the show state that at least.

Edit: The only person I can remember has had the word "god" thrown their way is (ironically) Jon, by the wildlings. 

She believes she's a god and she's immune. That's really all we need to know. If I recall correctly, D&D earned the wrath of Martin for making her unscathed the second time. 

Myhsa, Myhsa, Myhsa. So yeah, she's portrayed as a goddess. Which she isn't. Flying Drogon for the first time was, in her mind, her apostasy. 

8 hours ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Dany is taking the throne by force does she really need to resolve his claim. if she can't have children she can accept him as her heir and marry him off. A marriage between them isnt the only solution. 

Her taking it by force is not a foregone conclusion. There are two armies and a navy against her, one of them with magical powers. 

1 hour ago, Lady Anna said:

It could be, but not necessarily. 

I don't know what kind of death would serve her character perfectly. Contracting an infection by pricking herself on the Iron Throne?

1 hour ago, MinscS2 said:

Daenerys reaction was exactly what I expected it to be.
Suddenly she's not only no longer the one with the "biggest" claim, she's also no longer the last Targaryen.
Her world-view was shattered in a matter of seconds. (So basically just another thing she and Jon has in common.)

That wasn't her worldview until a relatively short time ago. Most of her life was spent as the lesser Targaryen. She slowly changed as Khaleesi, then had a massive transformation when she burnt the eggs open. 

Thenceforth she was Mother of Dragons, then Breaker of Chains. That's her identity. They are of course related to being a Targaryen, and she also saw herself as rightful inheritress of the Iron Throne. But she remains Mother of Dragons and Breaker of Chains no matter who Jon is. 

10 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

She's probably not immune to wildfire, a different substance than regular fire. Aerion wasn't. 

Jon needs to tell a person about his parentage who actually cares for HIS identity crisis and well-being. Dany isn't that person. 

I thought there was going to be a scene where he told Arya and Sansa. But nope.

6 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Ugh

If the showrunners were decent writers and had paced themselves properly, this could have been easily rectified with a wedding in the Godswood or the Wintertown in the second episode. Instead they chose to put off having Daenerys discover of Jon's identity until the last three minutes of the episodes.

I'm kind of glad they're not ignoring incest is not a solution to anything.

5 hours ago, Ice Queen said:

She believes she's a god and she's immune. That's really all we need to know. If I recall correctly, D&D earned the wrath of Martin for making her unscathed the second time. 

Myhsa, Myhsa, Myhsa. So yeah, she's portrayed as a goddess. Which she isn't. Flying Drogon for the first time was, in her mind, her apostasy. 

Alright, let's do this one more time.
You made a claim (well two technically), one that I questioned.

Do you have anything substantial to back up this claim with? Actual fact's drawn from the show that is.
Because right now I only see self-drawn conclusions and your personal opinion.

There's nothing wrong with having your own opinion, but please don't make it sound like it's a fact.

Personally I've never heard the words "god" and "Daenerys" ever spoken in the same breath on the show I think.
She has high thoughts about herself, I'll grant her that (and I can't really blame her) but the jump from having high thoughts about yourself to consider yourself a god is a long one. 

Both Denerys (and Jon) have done some very eyebrow-raising things on the show. I believe the word "miraculous" has been thrown around (and probably rightly so), but I don't think we've reached a point on the show where either of them consider themselves to be gods.

5 hours ago, darmody said:

That wasn't her worldview until a relatively short time ago. Most of her life was spent as the lesser Targaryen. She slowly changed as Khaleesi, then had a massive transformation when she burnt the eggs open. 

Thenceforth she was Mother of Dragons, then Breaker of Chains. That's her identity. They are of course related to being a Targaryen, and she also saw herself as rightful inheritress of the Iron Throne. But she remains Mother of Dragons and Breaker of Chains no matter who Jon is. 

Well. 7 years is a pretty long time.
She was very meek and oppressed before then and probably didn't think much of anything other than what Viserys told her. 

I agree with the rest.

Archived