Jump to content
Euron III Greyjoy

Jon faction VS Daenerys faction

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, tinyskeeveuk said:

People like you are the epitome of what is wrong with internet. Instead of having an amicable debate about a difference of opinions, you decide to be rude, smug, and really stand-offish. 

Point two: Rude. Again. There's no need. Take a look at your life if you think this is the way to interact with people wanting to have a discussion

The irony of someone posting this about someone they consider to be rude. 

The only remotely rude thing in my previous post was when I asked if you where lying or clueless, because you made a claim which was outright wrong.
Given the tone your reply and lack of self-awareness, I genuinely think we're done here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

I dunno. From this Episode I got the sense Dany wouldn't even like being Queen Regent. Because if she had an heir that's what she would be. Jon would be king, their kid would be next in line. She'd be like...last and have to wield power through others. Doesn't seem like her.

Queen Regent means she is the ruler. I think she should be Queen Regent like the Queen of England. Jon can be her Consort. Their child will be the heir. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MinscS2 said:

The irony of someone posting this about someone they consider to be rude. 

The only remotely rude thing in my previous post was when I asked if you where lying or clueless, because you made a claim which was outright wrong.
Given the tone your reply and lack of self-awareness, I genuinely think we're done here. 

For someone who likes handing it out, you don't appear to like it when someone fights back. 

The first thing we agree on: yes, we're done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tinyskeeveuk said:

For someone who likes handing it out, you don't appear to like it when someone fights back. 

I'm just allergic to hypocrites. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Queen Regent means she is the ruler. I think she should be Queen Regent like the Queen of England. Jon can be her Consort. Their child will be the heir. 

I think for these two characters to really be equal, Jon should not be a consort. It diminishes his journey just as much as making her consort diminishes hers. Thats why I think they're written to be foils who oppose each other, two heroes fighting like Hector and Achilles. 

In this hypothetical, she would lose power as soon as the heir came of age and was crowned. And look how much Cersei loved that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Ugh

If the showrunners were decent writers and had paced themselves properly, this could have been easily rectified with a wedding in the Godswood or the Wintertown in the second episode. Instead they chose to put off having Daenerys discover of Jon's identity until the last three minutes of the episodes.

If they had paced themselves properly that would have been the conflict last seasons instead of 7 episodes of nothing  +a ridiculous "wight hunt"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

I think for these two characters to really be equal, Jon should not be a consort. It diminishes his journey just as much as making her consort diminishes hers. Thats why I think they're written to be foils who oppose each other, two heroes fighting like Hector and Achilles. 

In this hypothetical, she would lose power as soon as the heir came of age and was crowned. And look how much Cersei loved that.

Good thing Dany is not Cersei. And the plan from the very beginning was to put Rhaego on the IT. And Viserys before that. She never imagined herself being queen. People like to portray her as some power hungry tyrant, but it’s always been about restoring her house, not just herself. She’s going to need some time to wrap her head around Jon being a Targaryen, but I guarantee she will embrace having a living family member. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Good thing Dany is not Cersei. And the plan from the very beginning was to put Rhaego on the IT. And Viserys before that. She never imagined herself being queen. People like to portray her as some power hungry tyrant, but it’s always been about restoring her house, not just herself. She’s going to need some time to wrap her head around Jon being a Targaryen, but I guarantee she will embrace having a living family member. 

 

I mean she didn't put up much of a fight when Viserys got murdered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, A Dance with Davos said:

I mean she didn't put up much of a fight when Viserys got murdered.

Given the context, can you blame her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Good thing Dany is not Cersei. And the plan from the very beginning was to put Rhaego on the IT. And Viserys before that. She never imagined herself being queen. People like to portray her as some power hungry tyrant, but it’s always been about restoring her house, not just herself. She’s going to need some time to wrap her head around Jon being a Targaryen, but I guarantee she will embrace having a living family member. 

I think you're describing Dany from S1. She became the most powerful, more powerful than Cersei or anyone else in the world. I dont think the maxim goes "absolute power corrupts only sometimes"

re: she wants to restore her House? She added House Targaryen to the "wheel" she's breaking.

She never wanted a living family member in the show. She seemed proud of being the Last Targaryen when she said it in S7. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A Dance with Davos said:

Yes. She stopped Drogo and the Dothraki from raping people.

OK? I'm not sure how that's relevant to the question I asked.

Can you blame a young woman for not stepping in to protect her brother, when said brother has been tormenting and abusing her for her entire life, both physically and mentally, threatened to kill her on several occasions, and less than a minute earlier had threatened to kill both her and the unborn child she's currently carrying?

If your answer to this question is a genuine "yes", then I'm not sure how to proceed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Good thing Dany is not Cersei. And the plan from the very beginning was to put Rhaego on the IT. And Viserys before that. She never imagined herself being queen. People like to portray her as some power hungry tyrant, but it’s always been about restoring her house, not just herself. She’s going to need some time to wrap her head around Jon being a Targaryen, but I guarantee she will embrace having a living family member. 

She thinks she is barren in the show and the books,  and has since book 1 and season 1, she's seeking the Iron Throne for herself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

OK? I'm not sure how that's relevant to the question I asked.

Can you blame a young woman for not stepping in to protect her brother, when said brother has been tormenting and abusing her for her entire life, both physically and mentally, threatened to kill her on several occasions, and less than a minute earlier had threatened to kill both her and the unborn child she's currently carrying?

If your answer to this question is a genuine "yes", then I'm not sure how to proceed...

Anyone’s side but Dany’s, Minsc. Viserys, Slavers, Randyll Tarly, etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

OK? I'm not sure how that's relevant to the question I asked.

Can you blame a young woman for not stepping in to protect her brother, when said brother has been tormenting and abusing her for her entire life, both physically and mentally, threatened to kill her on several occasions, and less than a minute earlier had threatened to kill both her and the unborn child she's currently carrying?

If your answer to this question is a genuine "yes", then I'm not sure how to proceed...

 

Exile? Imprisonment? Bodyguards? They had plenty of options for Viserys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

She thinks she is barren in the show and the books,  and has since book 1 and season 1, she's seeking the Iron Throne for herself. 

And for her house. An heir can always be named. They would rule in the name of House Targaryen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nictarion said:

And for her house. An heir can always be named. They would rule in the name of House Targaryen. 

I dont think that's really her fate. I think House Targaryen needs to go. Westeros doesn't want her which will turn her back into a conqueror like she was before. Her true self. She'll probably die like Rhaegar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, A Dance with Davos said:

 

Exile? Imprisonment? Bodyguards? They had plenty of options for Viserys.

The Dothraki don't do those things. And at that point Daenerys had lost herself to Drogo's world for bit, until the ugly side of it was made clear to her again when she saw his men raping, butchering and enslaving people that had done her no harm(unlike Viserys).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, A Dance with Davos said:

 

Exile? Imprisonment? Bodyguards? They had plenty of options for Viserys.

No they didn’t. He broke a sacred law in Vaes Dothrak and forfeit his life. 

In the books Dany even tried to offer him the dragons eggs, but he wouldn’t listen. There were several Khals present, too, not just Drogo. The show simplified the scene, but he was dead as soon as he brandished his sword. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

I dont think that's really her fate. I think House Targaryen needs to go. Westeros doesn't want her which will turn her back into a conqueror like she was before. Her true self. She'll probably die like Rhaegar.

So Jon needs to die too? If he has children. He will use the Targaryen name since he is no longer a bastard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×