Episode 3 preview

Jon and Dany being that far off from WF indicates they will both be riding dragons imo, but we see Jon fighting on the ground too.,,,so, I think Rhaegal might be in trouble.  That tree behind Jon makes me think he's in the Godswood, where Bran is sitting as bait for the NK.  Is Jon about to make a run at the NK after Rhaegal crashes into the Godswood, maybe?  

I have to say, I am pretty pumped about this episode. I haven't been a fan of this season or last but I have waited so long for this since reading the books way back when. I really hope it is done well (though I think D&D, for as much as I can't stand their story telling, do battles well enough).

I really think Winterfell is doomed this episode and the WW "win" this first round and the battle continues to middle of the fourth episode.

Just now, TheValonqarThatWasAzorAhai said:

Anyone else catch the way Dany said to Jon, “The dead are already here?”  I think she meant Jon, maybe she finds out that he died, or because he revealed the Truth to her.  I really don’t think she was talking about the Army of the Dead.

I was wondering if she meant the dead in the crypts, where lots of people are sheltering for safety. I think Dany might already know about Jon dying since she's seen his multiple stab wound scars (or at least she suspects it).

14 minutes ago, a girl knows nothing said:

I was wondering if she meant the dead in the crypts, where lots of people are sheltering for safety. I think Dany might already know about Jon dying since she's seen his multiple stab wound scars (or at least she suspects it).

I thought this too. Most likely the dead are looking to break through and Jon is panicking and suggests trying to evacuate the ones in the crypt but Dany tells him the dead are already here so basically it's too late. 

35 minutes ago, a girl knows nothing said:

The crypts without swords on the statues lap will be open and undead Starks come out

Does anyone else think that the Sansa quote in the beginning is referring to Jon and his parentage? Also, echoing some others, the way Dany said 'the dead are already here' was really....ominous.

2 hours ago, TheValonqarThatWasAzorAhai said:

Anyone else catch the way Dany said to Jon, “The dead are already here?”  I think she meant Jon, maybe she finds out that he died, or because he revealed the Truth to her.  I really don’t think she was talking about the Army of the Dead.

I thought it may have been a response to Jon saying, "the Night King is coming." It seems like maybe a quick strategical argument between the two where Jon wants to hold off until the Night King arrives and Dany wants to attack the AOTD, which as she says, is already here.

Hadn't even noticed Dany and Jon were far out.

I think Dany's line is probably a response to Jon not agreeing that they should attack now, on their dragons, and should do so "When the dead comes", as in, when they attack, and Dany tells him they're already there.

18 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

It's so dark... I can't see anything on my phone.

I'm afraid the battle will be too dark to be watchable.

Yeah, it's frustrating. I watch the episodes in a pitch black room, that kind of helps.

The show runners have been very clever in that every one is so stoked for episode 3 that they can not see what comes after that! or at least I can't. Obviously there is a further skirmish at Kings landing but every thing leading up to that - especially with a (possible) reduction of central cast just creates so much mystery and intrigue as to where it goes. I think I may be more stoked for episode 4.

19 hours ago, princess_snow said:

This is my worry too.

And 80 minutes of nothing but battle too dark to watch!  Battles on screen are generally boring because they go on way too long.  Battles are battles, not story telling, especially as tactics, strategy, etc. are all pretty dumb and unrealistic.  I may well skip out of this one as I have so many, not only on GOT.   We'll see.  Or not see! :cool4:

Of course, historically battles are also poorly planned, strategized and led and all the rest, more often than not.  Battles are more often won by trickery, betrayal and good / bad luck than great generals -- though yes, there have been great generals too, truly gifted in these matters.  General Grant was one of them, for example.  But if anyone understood battles can be lost to bad / good luck, stupidity, etc., he did.

Archived