Seems like a bad plan to me (spoilers)

So faced with an army of the dead, they put the women and children in the crypt to be safe. The crypt being where they store all the dead bodies?

Is it just me or is this something of an obvious oversight?

The bodies may have sufficiently decayed or being Starks might provide some protection.

I get the feeling we are going to see a lot of crypt action. I also get the feeling that we will discover that the Night King cannot be killed even with Valeyrian steel and they will need Dawn. Or at least they will in the books. What happens in the show is possibly different because we haven't had the build up with Dawn.

Of course Mel may return to tell us that bit.

7 hours ago, hallam said:

Is it just me or is this something of an obvious oversight?

So far we have only seen recently deceased being raised as wights. I don't think that century old skeletons are going to be raised out of their tombs.

1 minute ago, Kajjo said:

So far we have only seen recently deceased being raised as wights. I don't think that century old skeletons are going to be raised out of their tombs.

Yeah, this makes sense - otherwise why would the NK need to kill and conquer in order to build the AOTD at all?  The grounds going to be full of centuries-old skeletons, all he would need do is just raise them where they lie.  But yet he doesn't, so it's reasonable to suppose that he can't.

Archived