Those kids?

Seemed to be a bit of focus on getting the children into the crypts, and the one scene where the little girl was getting her soup. Followed by another scene with a couple of kids. What are the chances Qyburn has slipped a few of his little birds up north? Maybe to open the back door into Winterfell?

10 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

Did you notice that the girl to get soup from Sir Davos had the same kind of scars on her face that Shireen did? What's this about? 

Melisandre in disguise, can she do that?

You're reading too much into it ... it was shown to create emotion for Davos because she clearly remembered him of Shireen ... I think Davos will slay Melisandre.

The girl seemed more to be a callback on Shireen for Davos?

Maybe the kids are just representing the innocent victims at this point, the future that won't happen, or they need to get the viewers to take care about the people inside the crypt, in case the WW get there?

I guess some could be Qyburn's spies, but he already knows the WW came through the wall and they're probably all die anyway?

18 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

Did you notice that the girl to get soup from Sir Davos had the same kind of scars on her face that Shireen did? What's this about? 

Melisandre in disguise, can she do that?

Looked like burns. Didn't the little birds help distribute the wildfire around Kings Landing?

23 minutes ago, Skoboe said:

Looked like burns. Didn't the little birds help distribute the wildfire around Kings Landing?

good find and her eagerness to not go into the crypt because she would miss everything and not be able to report back to Big C.

Hope there is more to it like you've pointed out but cant help but think it was just a throwback for Davos to feel something before going into battle everyone else had something of their past to either discuss or remember and he was without one up to that point.

Varys has not been away from Davos side the whole time but the one time he wasn't one of his little birds appeared, which would make sense as he would no doubt recognised her I imagine.

4 hours ago, Skoboe said:

Seemed to be a bit of focus on getting the children into the crypts, and the one scene where the little girl was getting her soup. Followed by another scene with a couple of kids

I loved it, that they had time to care for such little scenes, for the common people, the children, Davos and Gilly having a really nice scene together. I think this was just some emotional balancing... not only "big" scenes, but the small one's are what make us feeling close by. 

I don't think this has a deeper meaning and surely nothing to do with "the little birds".

3 hours ago, Deminelle said:

First of all, the little girl had scars from burning and not from healed grey scales. 

I believe this as just meant to make Davos feel special about the girl and to make us remember Shireen and her utterly cruel death. Maybe this is also foreshadowing the participation of Melisandre. We haven't see her yet. This could be a fair reminder of her importance as well as her cruelty.

It’s just for emotional and shock value. You’ll feel worse about seeing little kids dying. 

As for the girl who told Davos she wants to fight. I mean you could say the matter was handled with good parenting, or you could say that they lucked out because this girl was Way too easily convinced to “defend” the crypts. I mean what would Davos have done if she said, no, I want to fight on the walls or the field? But who cares, we could portray that equal rights between 30 year old males and 10 year old females are more important than survival. In fact no, because Davos never offered a choice to the guys who said they weren’t soldiers. Gaaaaah. 

Another thing I noticed was that the soup girl was very bold and chatty, while almost every other northerner in Winterfell is very distrustful of these 'southerners'...as shown by the interaction between Missandei and the other two young girls shortly after the soup scene.

I hope everyone saying it was just a throwback for Davos is right, but there was something odd about soup girl.

2 minutes ago, Skoboe said:

Another thing I noticed was that the soup girl was very bold and chatty, while almost every other northerner in Winterfell is very distrustful of these 'southerners'...as shown by the interaction between Missandei and the other two young girls shortly after the soup scene.

I guess many of the silent children suffering in cold and scarce food were just silent because no one cared for them.

The soup girl had Davos to talk to and opened up. Also Gilly is a very kind and warm-hearted women, sitting down to be on eyes' height. The girl opens up to both of them. This is reasonable and understandable. 

Further, Davos doesn't look like a Southerner, but assimilates very well into the Northerners. Gilly is a Wildling and very typical Northern anyway.

Frankly I don't think the kids have some special role to come. They are there to remind viewers that a war does not effect only the soldiers that fight in it but also little innocent children that happen to be there. The girl that talked with Davos is imo supposed to remind of Shireen because... um... dunno, to make it more emotional?

1 hour ago, Deminelle said:

Maybe there is a Qyburn's plan to blow the Winterfell up from the crypts, the girl indeed is one of his little birds, and hence is reluctant to go down there.

She wasn't that reluctant though. It was like: Girl: "I wanna fight!", Davos: "How about defending the crypts from the inside?" Girl: "Cool! I'm totally here for it!"

16 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

She wasn't that reluctant though. It was like: Girl: "I wanna fight!", Davos: "How about defending the crypts from the inside?" Girl: "Cool! I'm totally here for it!"

Agreed. She was a small girl and easily manipulated for her own good. Typical children like everywhere. Very believable.

7 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

Well, either the burn on her face meant to imply something or it was just to show that these people have already suffered much.

Well, storyline-wise is means nothing, but Davos relating to her because of the obvious similarity with Shireen.

Burning Shireen alive was one of the most shocking scenes in the whole series. They remind us of this shocker and trigger some emotions. Well done.

Further, it is a reminder for us of Melisandre, who certainly will join the season later.

To me Davos and this girl are Karsi and her kids all over again. Remember Davos adores Lyanna Mormont as well. A very soft spot for little girls with courage, and now he is going to have to vanquish some little girl wights or become one himself. 

I will miss Davos. He was a good character. ;)

Archived