Those kids?

Not a chance these are little birds from Qyburn. For one, how would he expect to get them back as he likely should be expecting them all to die? And two, the Ds are not that crafty of writers to come up with something like this with so little time left in the series. It was there for dramatic effect. Nothing more.

Sometimes a rock is just a rock.

3 minutes ago, martianmister said:

She's a cute little girl, brought to the show to remedy the show's cute little girl shortage.

That's a concise and good explanation. Of course she is supposed to remind us about Shireen, too.

15 hours ago, SuperMario said:

Yeah, that's the problem with a story like this. There is so much foreshadowing and hidden meanings that you stop taking anything at face value. That's part of the genius of GRRM's writing - he always keeps you guessing. Hey maybe he'll surprise us by letting most of our favorite characters live!  ha ha ha ha

2 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

Oh, the dark haired woman who puts her girls on the boat and then gets killed by a bunch of wight children? I hate that scene!

Wel I thought it was quite an essential scene because it was the emotional heart of the amazing episode that was Hardhome.

And I think the scar face girl was setting up something similar for Davos. He will have to either stab the wight girl or become one, which will be torture for him because of how much he loves brave little girls.

On 4/22/2019 at 2:18 PM, SuperMario said:

Not a chance these are little birds from Qyburn. For one, how would he expect to get them back as he likely should be expecting them all to die? And two, the Ds are not that crafty of writers to come up with something like this with so little time left in the series. It was there for dramatic effect. Nothing more.

I agree, although I do love all the wild theories and speculation. 

And I know it's GOT and timelines go right out of the window, but for Q to send a few kids a thousand miles North with little or no chance of making it back to KL is just a bit too far fetched, IMO.

13 hours ago, Hippocras said:

Wel I thought it was quite an essential scene because it was the emotional heart of the amazing episode that was Hardhome.

And I think the scar face girl was setting up something similar for Davos. He will have to either stab the wight girl or become one, which will be torture for him because of how much he loves brave little girls.

Oh, it was. I'm not arguing that. I just hated it because it was so emotional for me, not to mention creepy.

Oh, I so hope you are wrong about the little scar face girl and Davos. I think the torture would be more in seeing that she is now a wight than having to stab her, because it is no longer her.

Thanks for asking, dear @Skoboe. Ever since Qyburn had picked up that wight hand, I felt he found another way to make up for his queen's many losses. She lost Jaime now, who once was her right hand. So the undead item may become handy as a biological weapon in Winterfell, if he infected children and sent them to Winterfell.

But sure, the obvious similarity to Shireen would be indeed a perfect way to reintroduce our red lady to the scene.

Maybe she felt need to give Davos something back she took him by simply being that girl? Or to prevent that Brienne loses another one she loves? Or to save the last Baratheon? Everything those three suffered they suffered because she erred in Stannis.

On 4/22/2019 at 4:54 AM, Deminelle said:

Maybe there is a Qyburn's plan to blow the Winterfell up from the crypts, the girl indeed is one of his little birds, and hence is reluctant to go down there.

Then what is Bronn going North for? To shoot some corpses?

2 hours ago, darmody said:

Then what is Bronn going North for? To shoot some corpses?

It is plausible that he has other business to do than "just" shooting the Lannister brothers.

Anyway after reading several opinions here, I also think now the girl is not there for any evil purposes.

On 4/22/2019 at 5:30 PM, Skoboe said:

Another thing I noticed was that the soup girl was very bold and chatty, while almost every other northerner in Winterfell is very distrustful of these 'southerners'...as shown by the interaction between Missandei and the other two young girls shortly after the soup scene.

I hope everyone saying it was just a throwback for Davos is right, but there was something odd about soup girl.

No, that was flat-out racism. Northerners spat on Greyworm and Missendei and then their kids blanked them - it's due to the colour of their skins.

I think the emphasis on kids is just to create more emotionality when the wights trap them in the crypts. We got the same at Hardhome when the wilding lady couldn't kill her undead kids and got killed by them. Expect more of the same.

On 4/28/2019 at 5:48 PM, House Cambodia said:

No, that was flat-out racism. Northerners spat on Greyworm and Missendei and then their kids blanked them -

Oh no, don't do that.

The Northerners spit not on Grey Worm and Missandei, but because of the Lannisters Jaime and Tyrion and possibly their dragon queen. Please re-watch the spitting scene.

The two children leave when Missandei comes to them because they are afraid of strangers. This is not racism, but natural behaviour of children. 

Nowadays we talk much too much about racism and too less about emotions.

2 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Oh no, don't do that.

The Northerners spit not on Grey Worm and Missandei, but because of the Lannisters Jaime and Tyrion and possibly their dragon queen. Please re-watch the spitting scene.

The two children leave when Missandei comes to them because they are afraid of strangers. This is not racism, but natural behaviour of children. 

Nowadays we talk much too much about racism and too less about emotions.

It's now pretty well established with analysts of the series that Greyworm and Missendei were subjected to racism by the Northerners - it's not just me.

Just now, House Cambodia said:

established with analysts

The same analysts that cannot predict shares or some psychiatrists who should treat themselves?

Yes, strangers cause doubt.

If they are of the same race, it's just being a stranger, if they are of a different race, they call it racism. It's so stupid nowadays. But yes, that's what many people will call it. It is not true psychologically, though.

These two are associated with the dragon queen and the Northern parents reject her. Is that racism towards Daenerys, too? No, ah right, Daenerys is white, so they just hate her. Fair enough.

But Missandei has a different skin color, so exactly the same rejection turns into racism. It is so utterly stupid. But that's how it is taught nowadays. You may hate or reject your same-colored coworker but not the differently-colored coworker. My goodness, how could our society degrade so much?

Archived