Those kids?

Just now, Kajjo said:

The same analysts that cannot predict shares or some psychiatrists who should treat themselves?

Yes, strangers cause doubt.

If they are of the same race, it's just being a stranger, if they are of a different race, they call it racism. It's so stupid nowadays. But yes, that's what many people will call it. It is not true psychologically, though.

These two are associated with the dragon queen and the Northern parents reject her. Is that racism towards Daenerys, too? No, ah right, Daenerys is white, so they just hate her. Fair enough.

But Missandei has a different skin color, so exactly the same rejection turns into racism. It is so utterly stupid. But that's how it is taught nowadays. You may hate or reject your same-colored coworker but not the differently-colored coworker. My goodness, how could our society degrade so much?

Dude, we're talking about a fictional series. Are you confused?

6 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Dude, we're talking about a fictional series. Are you confused?

I talk about the serious comment of accusing the children of racism, when actually they are rejecting the dragon queen and outsiders. The show was fine and there are no problems whatsoever.

The comments on racism in the posts before this were not fictional, but meant seriously.

1 minute ago, Kajjo said:

I talk about the serious comment of accusing the children of racism, when actually they are rejecting the dragon queen and outsiders. The show was fine and there are no problems whatsoever.

The comments on racism in the posts before this were not fictional, but meant seriously.

Fictional children. So this offends you too much, but a child cold-blooded murderer, children burnt alive, children crushed to death are fine?

9 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Fictional children. So this offends you too much,

It doesn't offend me at all. May be re-read the thread. 

I said, all the scenes were fine for me and it was NOT racism.

You, in #37, stated that a fictional character showed racism. Don't twist my words! You seemed to be offended by fictional characters.

21 hours ago, Kajjo said:

Oh no, don't do that.

The Northerners spit not on Grey Worm and Missandei, but because of the Lannisters Jaime and Tyrion and possibly their dragon queen. Please re-watch the spitting scene.

The two children leave when Missandei comes to them because they are afraid of strangers. This is not racism, but natural behaviour of children. 

Nowadays we talk much too much about racism and too less about emotions.

You are clearly not a person of colour. 

10 hours ago, MoonKnight21 said:

You are clearly not a person of colour

That comment is racist. 

I just argued for content and against racism. My own ethnicity does not matter at all and I will surely not tell you.

22 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

That comment is racist. 

I just argued for content and against racism. My own ethnicity does not matter at all and I will surely not tell you.

This comment is not racist. I am sorry that you are easily offended. Let me explain my comment.

Someone commented that they interpreted the portrayal of that scene as subtle racism in Westeros. That was how they interpreted that scene, and you shot it down. 

By my comment I simply meant that since that scene didnt stir certain emotions for you perhaps you cant understand why someone else interpreted that scene as a portrayal of racism. 

Just FYI, this show and any other show is open for interpretation. The manner in which you reacted had nothing to do with the show, I specifically mean these comments of yours: 

Nowadays we talk much too much about racism and too less about emotions

My goodness, how could our society degrade so much?

13 hours ago, MoonKnight21 said:

This comment is not racist. I am sorry that you are easily offended. Let me explain my comment.

Firstly, you comment was racist, because you supposed that my reply correlates with my race. This is straight-forward.  Secondly, ad hominem attacks are inacceptable anyway. Whether a certain scene is racist or not does not depend on the race of the members here.

13 hours ago, MoonKnight21 said:

By my comment I simply meant that since that scene didnt stir certain emotions 

Well, it stirred emotions (!) but not the overly politically correct interpretation as racist.

I explained it before:

Northerners rejecting Daenerys are rejecting her because they don't like to submit to a Non-Northern emporer. No one talks about racism because Daenerys is white.

Northerners rejecting Missandei are rejecting her because she is a woman of colour, not because she is Daenerys' assistant. This notion is utterly nonsense. The skin color hat nothing to do with rejecting the foreign ruler.

Tyrion is rejected for being a Lannister, Daenerys for being a foreign ruler and Missandei because she assists Daenerys. There is absolutely no need to bring skin color into this discussion. 

Racism is real, it is a big problem for the world AND it is very much rooted in "otherness" as in, distrusting or disliking someone because of their "group" or "origin".

In other words, it is entirely right for people to interpret the reactions to Missandei and Grey Worm as racism, because the Northerners hated them without knowing them or trying, because they were different and came from somewhere else.

So... what's the problem?

6 hours ago, Kajjo said:

Secondly, ad hominem attacks are inacceptable anyway. Whether a certain scene is racist or not does not depend on the race of the members here.

Again, I apologise that you are offended/upset. I am trying to understand some of your thoughts. And since I cant see this conversation propelling forward this will be the last I comment on it.

From my perspective, theres no "ad hominem attack" on anyones character in that scene. The only observation from that scene was discrimination. We both agree on that, discrimination of Grey worm and Missandei - which is the issue being discussed.  A discussion involves a forum between different parties involving different opinions. At no time did I discredit your observations or opinions on that scene. However you have continued to insist that your opinion is correct and that nobody should interpret racism in that scene. 

6 hours ago, Kajjo said:

Well, it stirred emotions (!) but not the overly politically correct interpretation as racist.

I explained it before:

Northerners rejecting Daenerys are rejecting her because they don't like to submit to a Non-Northern emporer. No one talks about racism because Daenerys is white.

Northerners rejecting Missandei are rejecting her because she is a woman of colour, not because she is Daenerys' assistant. This notion is utterly nonsense. The skin color hat nothing to do with rejecting the foreign ruler.

Tyrion is rejected for being a Lannister, Daenerys for being a foreign ruler and Missandei because she assists Daenerys. There is absolutely no need to bring skin color into this discussion. 

Hmm, so by your standards it is ok to interpret that scene and discuss Xenophobia (Dany and co being foreigners, Lannisters etc) on this forum but not racism? 

You say:

"Firstly, you comment was racist, because you supposed that my reply correlates with my race"

Its ok for you to dictate what is racism But its not okay for others to perceive the GreyWorm/Missandei scene as subtle racism, and we are not allowed to share our opinion on the same topic?

4 hours ago, Hippocras said:

Racism is real, it is a big problem for the world AND it is very much rooted in "otherness" as in, distrusting or disliking someone because of their "group" or "origin".

In other words, it is entirely right for people to interpret the reactions to Missandei and Grey Worm as racism, because the Northerners hated them without knowing them or trying, because they were different and came from somewhere else.

So... what's the problem?

Thank you. I see no problem in acknowlegding that theres both an element of xenophobia and racism in that scene, the core issue being discrimination

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:58 PM, House Cambodia said:

It's now pretty well established with analysts of the series that Greyworm and Missendei were subjected to racism by the Northerners - it's not just me.

It's fantasy...not a modern day university campus where people need safe spaces because racism is 'everywhere'...fantasy. You can't project your own world views into a non-existent universe.

1 minute ago, Skoboe said:

It's fantasy...not a modern day university campus where people need safe spaces because racism is 'everywhere'...fantasy. You can't project your own world views into a non-existent universe.

Of course you can. Fiction would be unreadable/unwatchable if you don't see any connection with your world. Otherwise, any discussion about Sansa's abuse, Arya's transformation into an assassin, Cercei's ruthlessness, Ned's straight-talking persona, Littlefinger's manipulations, Ramsey's sadism etc etc would be immediately dismissed with a "It's only fantasy, you know"

Archived