Dany’s denial

Sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere but, since they had Jon ride a dragon in the first episode. Danys denial seems pretty weird to me...based on the show rules they set up that “only Targaryens can ride dragons” anyone else think they should’ve had Jon tell her about his parents first, then the denial and then maybe in the middle of battle or something Jon could’ve ridden the dragon. Proving that he is in fact a targ???

45 minutes ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

Danys denial seems pretty weird to me...based on the show rules they set up that “only Targaryens can ride dragons” 

Well, she is shocked, she questions it. It's a psychological form of "denial", but not yet a rational or logical one.

She will realise the truth by the dragons, soon, I guess.

10 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Well, she is shocked, she questions it. It's a psychological form of "denial", but not yet a rational or logical one.

She will realise the truth by the dragons, soon, I guess.

4 minutes ago, Bran Snow said:

Do you remember when Drogon came to Dany when she was in danger? I wonder if they'll do the same with Jon. Dany will see it and realize that that he really is a Targaryen.

Yea i can see that but, idk It just seems like It would’ve made more sense storytelling wise for him to ride a dragon after the reveal.

6 minutes ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

Yea i can see that but, idk It just seems like It would’ve made more sense storytelling wise for him to ride a dragon after the reveal.

Yeah I agree with you. After all D&D have clearly said in the "Inside the Episode" video that only a Targaryen can ride a dragon. Of course D&D also said Dickon was Sam's older brother in the video so they clearly don't know what they are taking about.

1 hour ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

Sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere but, since they had Jon ride a dragon in the first episode. Danys denial seems pretty weird to me...based on the show rules they set up that “only Targaryens can ride dragons” anyone else think they should’ve had Jon tell her about his parents first, then the denial and then maybe in the middle of battle or something Jon could’ve ridden the dragon. Proving that he is in fact a targ???

You can be very distantly related to the Targaryens, and still be a dragon-rider.

8 minutes ago, SeanF said:

You can be very distantly related to the Targaryens, and still be a dragon-rider.

That’s not what I’m arguing. I’m just asking  why’d they have him ride the dragon so early? But to your point, D&D came out and said that only targs can ride dragons. GRRM has stated previously in interviews that you DONT have to be a targ to ride a dragon.

12 minutes ago, Bran Snow said:

Dany's not being able to burn is something that is only special to her, not all Targaryens.

I know that some Targs can burn obviously, but I’m not sure that it’s unique just to her. It’s a moot point either way, as John was obviously burnt and I forgot about it. 

41 minutes ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

That’s not what I’m arguing. I’m just asking  why’d they have him ride the dragon so early? But to your point, D&D came out and said that only targs can ride dragons. GRRM has stated previously in interviews that you DONT have to be a targ to ride a dragon.

GRRM knows more about dragons than D & D

Archived