Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Erkan12 said:

Did Jon ride a dragon?

Dragons can carry anyone remember? Carrying someone and letting someone to ride (controlling the Dragons actions) are entirely different things.

As far as I see Rhaegal only carried Jon, Jon wasn't controlling Rhaegal's actions.

I asked this question too, since Dany can't be that blind if Jon was able to ''ride'' a Dragon at all, Rhaegal was just carrying him.

He rode it. Rhaegal let him climb up and "steer" all on his own. Any non Targayen who has tried -or any Tar. Who tries to ride someone else's Dragon gets fried. Even doubtful Rhaegal would accept Dany riding him. Only Drogon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roux said:

He rode it. Rhaegal let him climb up and "steer" all on his own. Any non Targayen who has tried -or any Tar. Who tries to ride someone else's Dragon gets fried. Even doubtful Rhaegal would accept Dany riding him. Only Drogon. 

If he did, then Dany must be really dense to not be suspecious about Jon's bloodline.

But I think ''riding'' is more than that, if Jon decides where Rhaegal go and when he needs to breath fire, then I would say he is riding it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's only logical for her to be in denial. 

A suddenly targaryen with a better claim to the throne right on the land of conspiracy and lies.

His font? Best friend reading a conveniently forgotten documentos that no one has ever bothered, even If It tells the story about the royalship heritage.

Crazy and creepy Bran.

Forget about Howland Reed having some part in this. Unless he has a vídeo of the wedding, his just a Crazy dude from the swamp tô everyone else but the starks, and Jon already believe he is a targaryen.

I think the revelation to dany, the biggest reveal of the show, was messed up. It should have been after a Battle with Dany surprised at how Jon and rhaegal make a great team(with a jealous ghost at the bottom of the screen)

But i dont get It either. The show has proven that sucession isnt that relevant. See dorne, king's landing, the North and the iron thrones.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Erkan12 said:

if Jon decides where Rhaegal go

He did. He took over to be first when he went to the waterfall. That was his idea and Daenerys followed. The waterfall is supposed to mean something to Jon, like childhood memories.

So, Jon did proper dragon riding.

He has to learn about the fire part, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Erkan12 said:

Did Jon ride a dragon?

Dragons can carry anyone remember? Carrying someone and letting someone to ride (controlling the Dragons actions) are entirely different things.

As far as I see Rhaegal only carried Jon, Jon wasn't controlling Rhaegal's actions.

I asked this question too, since Dany can't be that blind if Jon was able to ''ride'' a Dragon, but Rhaegal was just carrying him.

Jon rode Rhaegal and Jon clearly controlled him when Jon turned to go to the waterfall. Anyway the whole idea that Dany would want Jon to try to ride Rhaegal in the first place is dumb. The show let Jon ride a dragon to soon imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

Jon rode Rhaegal and Jon clearly controlled him when Jon turned to go to the waterfall. Anyway the whole idea that Dany would want Jon to try to ride Rhaegal in the first place is dumb. The show let Jon ride a dragon to soon imo.

Totally agree. Would haev been so much more powerful if it happened during the battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

I don't think anyone will.

That is my sincere hope and theory, too. 

It just makes a lot of sense for a final ending of the game of thrones that not anyone sits on the Iron throne. That wouldn't be an end at all.

As posted several weeks ago, I would prefer the Iron Throne which was created by using dragon fire, to be destroy using dragon fire. It would have a nice touch, if this were done voluntarily due to insight und understanding.

Edited by Kajjo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

I don't think anyone will.

That would be ideal. Targaryens did more than build KL and the throne though, they opened  up trade and built the king's road etc etc. They're United and dependent on one another though so some form of central government should exist. ALSO I think Dany has experienced a ton of piss poor leadership on her journey and now she's seeing Jon and Sansa,  Yara and a bunch of the others will show themselves valid good kind fair leaders also which is what she wants to be. She was the best leader, the only one to give a crap about the slaves BUT now she's in westeros and it's a different sort of world. Shell need to accept that other people can do a good job too. Even if Robert and Cersei (and her mad papa) did a crap job. 

 

**And they developed the law systems. Outlawed some nasty stuff and set precedents for the different lands 

Edited by Roux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2019 at 2:40 PM, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Did any other Targaryens blend with Starks in the past? 

Nope. There was a marriage pact once to marry a Targ princess to a Lord Stark. But with only one princess surviving the civil war she was married to her cousin Aegon the Unlucky to ensure peace between the green and black Targ factions. She died as a child nevertheless (likely murdered by Peake who wanted his own daughter to wed the then minor-king). The widowed Lord Stark fell in love with a Blackwood and took her for his second wife.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

Totally agree. Would haev been so much more powerful if it happened during the battle.

That or after he finds out who he really is. It's my biggest problem with 8x01. Jon riding a dragon should've been a huge moment, not just for himself but Dany ( and other characters ) too and I feel like the show made it out to be no big deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sweetsunray said:

Nope. There was a marriage pact once to marry a Targ princess to a Lord Stark. But with only one princess surviving the civil war she was married to her cousin Aegon the Unlucky to ensure peace between the green and black Targ factions. She died as a child nevertheless (likely murdered by Peake who wanted his own daughter to wed the then minor-king). The widowed Lord Stark fell in love with a Blackwood and took her for his second wife.

Interesting. It has a Lord Stark and a princess Targ?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, dbunting said:

Change this to, my guess is she tries to burn him for treason and the dragons won't do it.... and it works 

I like it. 

“Dracarys!”

*nothing happens*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Interesting. It has a Lord Stark and a princess Targ?  

It was part of the deal with the Blacks going North for the support of the Starks to Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen in the civil war, after her half-brother declared himself king, though her father had appointed his eldest daughter of his first wife to be his heir. The Stark army only actually shows up in KL after Queen Rhaenyra was already dead (her half brother fed her to his dragon) and the said half-brother was found poisoned. The Lord Stark took up being Hand for just a few days to discover the kingslayers and had them either take the black or executed, and then resigned and left with the Lady Blackwood (who had helped him with this trial). This was called "the hour of the Wolf".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/22/2019 at 2:18 PM, Coffeewiththegods said:

Sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere but, since they had Jon ride a dragon in the first episode. Danys denial seems pretty weird to me...based on the show rules they set up that “only Targaryens can ride dragons” anyone else think they should’ve had Jon tell her about his parents first, then the denial and then maybe in the middle of battle or something Jon could’ve ridden the dragon. Proving that he is in fact a targ???

 

I don’t think the sequence really matters since Dany for some reason seems not to acknowledge the fact. Perhaps If Aemon was around he could tell her that rule she seems to have forgotten. Or the show runners forgot when they approved the script.

Edited by Nightwish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

It was part of the deal with the Blacks going North for the support of the Starks to Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen in the civil war, after her half-brother declared himself king, though her father had appointed his eldest daughter of his first wife to be his heir. The Stark army only actually shows up in KL after Queen Rhaenyra was already dead (her half brother fed her to his dragon) and the said half-brother was found poisoned. The Lord Stark took up being Hand for just a few days to discover the kingslayers and had them either take the black or executed, and then resigned and left with the Lady Blackwood (who had helped him with this trial). This was called "the hour of the Wolf".

Summed up 200 pages of the book lol. Good summary cuz I almost put it down amongst this. Important part is that they realise the proper marriage can avoid and end a war. (Someone needs to tell Dany  this a month from now cuz Jon would say yes in an instant.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Roux said:

Summed up 200 pages of the book lol. Good summary cuz I almost put it down amongst this. Important part is that they realise the proper marriage can avoid and end a war. (Someone needs to tell Dany  this a month from now cuz Jon would say yes in an instant.) 

The extended version of the Dance of Dragons was indeed a very long story. Couldn't read it in one go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2019 at 7:45 AM, Coffeewiththegods said:

That’s not what I’m arguing. I’m just asking  why’d they have him ride the dragon so early? 

Fan service?  There is so little time to build up to anything this season with two major battles and only six episodes.  It may also play into the climax.  After Winterfell we have to move straight to King's Landing, so there is not really any other convenient time for a dragon riding lesson, and we would all be whining "how did he learn to ride a dragon before burning down the Red Keep?" if they had not had that scene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, joaozinm said:

But i dont get It either. The show has proven that sucession isnt that relevant. See dorne, king's landing, the North and the iron thrones.

 

My thoughts exactly. The last rightful ruler was murdered by a usurper. Then the usurper died without a true-born heir, and his brothers killed each other fighting over the crown. The kids who've been sitting on the throne since the usurper's death had no legitimate claim, and they're dead now, too. Currently his unfaithful wife, who conspired to arrange his death, rules by virtue of the fact that there's no one left in the capital with the guts to challenge her. 

So yeah, the right of succession seems pretty much out the window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

My thoughts exactly. The last rightful ruler was murdered by a usurper. Then the usurper died without a true-born heir, and his brothers killed each other fighting over the crown. The kids who've been sitting on the throne since the usurper's death had no legitimate claim, and they're dead now, too. Currently his unfaithful wife, who conspired to arrange his death, rules by virtue of the fact that there's no one left in the capital with the guts to challenge her. 

So yeah, the right of succession seems pretty much out the window.

The succession is very much like the Roman Empire or Tsarist Russia.  So long as you have some kind of connection to the royal family, you can make a bid for the IT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×