Who is Going to Die

SandSnark

There will be a fight in the Crypts and there will be losses, but I am not worried for Samwell Tarly, Gilly and Little Sam. Maybe Varys arc is finished. No need for him anymore, I believe.

The fireplace farewell scene foreshadows a lot of losses, I am afraid. I like her very much, but I believe Brienne will die as knight, Edd and Beric, too, probably. I expect Jamie to survive for some endgame with Cersei, though. I'd like Tormund to survive, but I am afraid he won't.

I am sure Arya and Sansa survive the battle.

I expect Theon and his Iron men to die with honor after all their dishonor. Jorah probably dies, despite his new sword.

Jon and Daenerys... very difficult to predict.

17 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

There will be a fight in the Crypts and there will be losses, but I am not worried for Samwell Tarly, Gilly and Little Sam. Maybe Varys arc is finished. No need for him anymore, I believe.

The fireplace farewell scene foreshadows a lot of losses, I am afraid. I like her very much, but I believe Brienne will die as knight, Edd and Beric, too, probably. I expect Jamie to survive for some endgame with Cersei, though. I'd like Tormund to survive, but I am afraid he won't.

I am sure Arya and Sansa survive the battle.

I expect Theon and his Iron men to die with honor after all their dishonor. Jorah probably dies, despite his new sword.

Jon and Daenerys... very difficult to predict.

Bran dies. Varys dies. Theon dies. Jorah lives he is a becoming a voice of reason. He will be one of the people says they should marry. He dies later. 

Jon and Daenerys live. But she vomits all over him. Boom pregnant. 

I had a long discussion with my friend about this last night after the episode and this is what we came up with.

Grey Worm - Someone close to Dany needs to go. Grey Worm is an easy target. He hasn't done much since leaving Mereen in terms of being an influencial character. They brought up him panning for the future after the battle which is a big red flag for me.

Theon - I want him to survive, but him dying to protect Winterfell and Bran would bring his redemption arc full circle. He lost himself sacking Winterfell and killing "Bran" so it would be fulfilling.

Beric - He has no plot connection in the South what so ever anymore. If you add in his book arc to it it makes even more sense. 

Dolorous Edd - Someone close to Jon needs to go and he is the perfect character for this. It is a safe and easy bet.

Tormund - kind of a combined reason of Edd and Beric. He doesn't have a connection in the South and he is a close adviser of Jons adding to impact. Really hope I am wrong on this one

Jorah - He gave his blessing to Dany, told her she should keep Tyrion around, received Heartsbane, made up with Lady Mormont. They don't do subtlety easy in the show, and he spent this episode tying up loose ends.

Gendry - The Arya scene. They found some happiness together so one of them has to die and I don't think it will be Arya.

Brienne - I want her to live and be involved in the battle south but won't be surprised if she goes. She is a commanding officer on the front lines of a battle and she was knighted (really liked that scene) Her story arc has come full circle.

Jon/Dany - One of them needs to die to fulfill the Azor Ahai prophecy to prevent the eternal winter. 

I think we went a little overboard, but this battle should have many deaths in it that impact the main characters. It is a battle against the odds in every way shape and form. This is one of the climatic battles of the series. The army that ends up going south (if this is the way the story goes is going) to dispose of Cersei should be battered and broken making it an even fight.

P.S. Had to come back and edit to include one more. Ghost. They showed him for the first time in 2 seasons? They just wanted to remind the viewer he exists for when he dies.

The question is if EP3 is THE battle against the dead, or if it is the first battle and then there will be another, more massive one. I'm more inclined to believe that the upcoming battle is not THE battle so with that in mind, I think that we might see the last of:

- Grey Worm

- Theon

- Beric

- Gendry

A lot of people seem to think that Brienne's knighting was a farewell to her. I don't think she will die in Ep3 but who knows.

3 minutes ago, loverofcats said:

I think that Jenny's song foreshadowed the death of all those present there. Maybe not in the next episode but by the end of the series.

Interesting theory! But it would quite surprise me if Tyrion and Davos die.

13 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

Interesting theory! But it would quite surprise me if Tyrion and Davos die.

I think Tyrion will die. In fact he died when he killed his father, I didn't appreciate  Tywin, he deserved to die, but not by Tyrion hands. When you drink too much the things that you know get blurry.
Yes, Davos didn't deserve to die, I hope he will be the exception.

Brienne, Grey Worm, Davos, Edd, Lianna, probably Jorah, maybe Podrick gonna die in ep. 3.

Tormund, Beric, Theon, Varys, Gendry, probably Jon or Bran resurected by Beric in ep.4

probably Danny, maybe Tyrion in ep. 4, 5.

Jaimie is gonna live, now we know he always was a Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, now we know he is gonna kill Cercei, his character arc must end.

Pod

Gendry

Beric

Gilly

Edd

Jorah

Royce

Ghost

Theon will die, but I think it'll involve Euron.

Tormund should die in the North, but him dying in the South fighting for a King/Queen would be oddly poetic. 

Gut feeling is Brienne survives, her being the first female knight trumps her "arc" being complete. Jaime survives here too.

I think the "swerve" with Grey Worm is him surviving the battle

I'm probably alone in this but I think Jamie is going to die. In a previous season he and Bron are conversing about how they would like to die, and Jamie says "in the arms of the woman I love", which of course seems like Cersei at the time. I think it might have been a forshadowing of him dying in Brienne's arms, possibly after saving her from death. And with him serving in her flank, it seems like a definite possibility. 

Safe: Jon, Dany, Sansa, Sam, Tyrion, Bran, the Hound, little Sam

Likely to die: Ghost, Beric, Tormund, Edd, Jorah, Yohn Royce, Lyanna Mormont, Varys, Grey Worm

On the fence: Jaime, Brienne, Pod, Theon, Gendry, Arya, Davos, Gilly, Missandei, the dragons

39 minutes ago, Talbot said:

Gut feeling is Brienne survives, her being the first female knight trumps her "arc" being complete. Jaime survives here too.

I think the "swerve" with Grey Worm is him surviving the battle

I agree with both of this. But I think instead of Grey Worm Missandei will die.

Archived