Who is Going to Die

SandSnark

I think this is not the final battle there will be another at Kingslanding.

Dead as a pidgeon: Beric, Hound, Podrick, Ed, Jorah, Gendry, Greyworm, Tormund, Theon

Maybe dead: Brienne, Ghost, Royce, Davos, Arya, Lyanna

Die but not today: Jon (not his last battle), Dany, Bran, Tyrion, Varys

I'm not sure about Jamie...

1 hour ago, Every Last Chicken said:

Jamie says "in the arms of the woman I love", which of course seems like Cersei at the time. I think it might have been a forshadowing of him dying in Brienne's arms, possibly after saving her from death. And with him serving in her flank, it seems like a definite possibility.

Not a bad idea.

1 hour ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

I agree with both of this. But I think instead of Grey Worm Missandei will die.

That at least would be a surprise. Sad for Missandei, but unexpected for us watchers.

Sam has been carrying a lot of the emotional weight these past episodes, so him saying he and Jorah will meet after the battle guarantees Jorah is dead. That crypt situation is going to go poorly so someone number down there is up. Missandei is likely but since Tyrion had to be down there Varys dying to this magic seems more likely to me. Grey Worm will probably die. Theon will almost certainly die. 

I'm going against the pack and say Beric lives. He's an undead knight charged with bringing the Mountain to justice, who is undead in KL. And the next fight is in KL for certainty. Beside dealing with Cersei, the Mountain is the only one that need dealing with and the Hound's dynamic this season is primarily with Beric and Arya so I say they've got another episode in them.

ADany, Sam, Jon and Jaime are safe as can be for the nonce. The others I dare not comment on. 

Safe: Jon, Dany, Sansa, Sam, Tyrion, Arya, Brienne, Hound (Cleganebowl needs to happen, come on!)

On the fence: Bran, 1 of the dragons, Grey Worm

Dead: Jaime, Theon, Jorah, Varys, Lyanna Mormont

I really want Edd to live :blush:

I'm expecting a massacre and maybes a couple of deaths no one sees coming but for safe bets i'd say Brienne, Davos, Edd, Royce, Grey Worm, Beric, Ghost, Tormund, Varys, Missandei and Lyanna look like their arcs are done and are easy to kill off characters.

Jorah, I was also looking at but that scene with the sword, for whatever reason changed my mind and I think he'll scrape through. 

Rhaegal might take a hit as well to make it appear the WWs are on the verge of victory and even the odds out for a dragon fight one on one (though that I guess would make 2 on 1 the otherway as it would turn). Gendry is 50/50 for me, depending on theories he either has some surprise arc left or he's otherwise as good as dead.

Jon, Danny, Sansa and Arya I think are safe (though, not certain). I think Theon makes it, not too sure on Bran. The Hound needs to fight big bro so I optimistic on his chances and Jaime has some unfinished business with Cersei so again I plumping on him surviving just to end that.

I can see Jon and/or Danny dying but I don't think it will be next week unless they go all out for a super shocker.

Oh and the Nightking, I think his reign ends next week along with his whole army.

I have a feeling Theon cannot be killed by wights. 

Reason being...Bran seems to approve of Theon  defending him in the Godswood. And it got me thinking about the Drowned God and the ritual words "what is dead can never die."

I wondered whether those words are an old  twisted echo of a truth about adherents to the faith of the Drowned God: that they are already "dead" so cannot be resurrected as wights when they've been physically killed, iyswim.

If so, I wonder if the same may be true of Jon and Arya. Jon is resurrected dead, and Arya likely "died" at one point in the HoB&W. 

When you think about it, a number of characters could have have potentially "died" and been resurrected without an obvious signpost. Dany has survived a deadly furnace twice: the funeral pyre and Vaes Dothrak. Jorah and Sam potentially "died" of grayscale (can't be healed, then "suddenly" it can; highly contagious, yet Sam doesn't contract it). 

Bran potentially "died" when he was pushed out of the window. Davos potentially "died" at the BotBW or the BotB.

This would fit with the resurgence of magical resurrection with Thoros and Beric, and Melisandre's ability to resurrect Jon. Resurrection has happened all over the land, but only the obvious instances are recognised.

Which would mean the AotD are essentially fighting ... the dead of Westeros. 

The question should be how the living will able to escape from the Night King and his dead army if they are going to lose?

Last time they used 2 Dragons and they flew away. 2 Dragons aren't enough to carry thousands of men.

After tonight's episode, I think we'll have significant deaths. They won't just "clean house" and end characters whose arcs are done, or redshirts for effect. I think the only ones really safe are Sansa, Dany and Royce (because Sansa needs a commander and he's the only one she has). Arya may have plot armor.

The two living dragons are too powerful. If Dany marches against the Golden Company with those, the GC is toast/deserts, so the dragons have to go, ideally in a blaze of glory. Bran is also too powerful, so he has to go (otherwise, he can just spy on Cersei at any point). If Jon dies, Dany's only chance of subduing the North peacefully dies, so he may die. Sam boasted too much, and we need significant deaths, so Sam, Gilly and little Sam are in danger.

Gendry's death might negatively impact Arya's journey into becoming a human being again, so he might survive. 

Safe:  Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, Sam, Varys, Davos.

Not Sure:  Brienne, The Hound, Beric, Tormund, Lyanna Mormont, Bran, Gendry, Gilly, Night King, Un-Viserion, Rhaegal, Drogon.

Dead:  Ghost, Jaime, Podrick, Jorah, Grey Worm, Missandei. 

Tyrion sharing some off-screen knowledge with Bran, means Bran is going to die, early enough that Tyrion comes up later with said knowledge to save the day.

I don't see Jaime dying. Bran's comment was more of a nod to the viewer as in  "you seem to be too sure the dead will be defeated in the end". Jaime still has at least one big leap of redemption. As long as there is a room that he enters and his honor is disputed his story isn't finished.

Sansa is safe, so is Tyrion. His arc can't end with a streak of failed decisions. And as he is the one to take that bit of knowledge by Bran to be of use later, he can't be dead.

Jon and Danny still have their own conflict to be resolved before someone dies.

Brienne seems to be a huge favorite to die. She being knighted by Jaime seems to be a conclusion of her story, and the perfect timing to have her heroically fall

Arya, not sure. I think her story is finished, but she having sex is like the producers saying "she isn't safe", which would in fact mean she is.

Theon: I think he is 2nd favorite to die (among major chars). He is already redeemed, he will probably go down in one last flash. 

11 hours ago, Kajjo said:

There will be a fight in the Crypts and there will be losses, but I am not worried for Samwell Tarly, Gilly and Little Sam. Maybe Varys arc is finished. No need for him anymore, I believe.

The fireplace farewell scene foreshadows a lot of losses, I am afraid. I like her very much, but I believe Brienne will die as knight, Edd and Beric, too, probably. I expect Jamie to survive for some endgame with Cersei, though. I'd like Tormund to survive, but I am afraid he won't.

I am sure Arya and Sansa survive the battle.

I expect Theon and his Iron men to die with honor after all their dishonor. Jorah probably dies, despite his new sword.

Jon and Daenerys... very difficult to predict.

I agree with most of this. Don't think Jon or Daenerys are going anywhere just yet, but who knows. Definitely don't think Jaime will die yet, they will want him to have some sort of interaction with Cersei again before the seasons out.  

Either the Night King lives or he dies and we discover that killing the army of the dead is a lot harder than just taking him out. I suspect the 'any knight can make a knight' thing is telling us that WWs won't die after the NK is taken out. Assuming that to be the case, the gonners I predict for the next episode are

Jamie/Theon/Jorah (Killing the NK)

Jorah/Grey Worm/Ghost/Beric/Gendry

Safe (for now cuz they are going to die killing Cersei): Varys/Mel/Hound

Safe till the final episode: Cersei/Jon/Danny/Euron/Cleggane

Survive: Sansa/Arya/Tyrion

Archived