Who is Going to Die

SandSnark

1 hour ago, Every Last Chicken said:
1 hour ago, Zorral said:

But Bronn, commissioned to kill him, hadn't yet arrived at the conclusion of ep 2. So if Jaime dies in the battle what was the story telling narrative point of taking the time for Cersei to hire an assassin?

Or wait: was the instruction to kill Jaime if he survives the battle(s)?

I think Qyburn uses the language similar to "in the unlikely event that they do survive the battle" when he gives Bronn the crossbow. I'd have to rewatch to be sure. 

I'm pretty sure that Qyburn says, "Our Queen's brothers are unlikely to survive their northern adventures but in the event that they do..." here is this poetic-justice crossbow. So, Cersei has ordered a hit on both Jaime and Tyrion. Ergo, one brother could die in Episode 3 leaving Bronn free to appear in Episode 4 or 5 again to wrangle over whether he will kill the surviving brother - or share in the grief that the dead brother didn't make it.

I think Edd, Tormund, Jorah (saving Lady Mormont thereby redeeming himself to his ancestral home), Missandei (so that Greyworm eventually takes the Unsullied to Naath to protect them in her memory), Ghost (he's named Ghost, and Jenny's song is about ghosts), Gendry (I don't want that at all, but men in love do stupid things accoridng to Sansa, and two alleged spoilers make me come to this conclusion) but the 'seed is strong' (:stillsick:), Theon for sure (completes his arc), Varys maybe (unless they're going to use him to betray Danny and back Jon or something)

I think Jaime will not be dead at the end of epi 3, but dies in Brienne's arms at the start of epi 4.

I think Arya may appear to have been dead, but will be resurrected by Beric to do Lady Stoneheart plotzee (Arya had already been given LS's expected plot for dealing with House Frey anyway).

Sansa will be in dire circumstances and will end up being saved by Sandor who faces his fear of fire in doing so.

ETA: Podrick dies... he gave us his swan song.

7 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

I think Edd, Tormund, Jorah (saving Lady Mormont thereby redeeming himself to his ancestral home), Missandei (so that Greyworm eventually takes the Unsullied to Naath to protect them in her memory), Ghost (he's named Ghost, and Jenny's song is about ghosts), Gendry (I don't want that at all, but men in love do stupid things accoridng to Sansa, and two alleged spoilers make me come to this conclusion) but the 'seed is strong' (:stillsick:), Theon for sure (completes his arc), Varys maybe (unless they're going to use him to betray Danny and back Jon or something)

I think Jaime will not be dead at the end of epi 3, but dies in Brienne's arms at the start of epi 4.

I think Arya may appear to have been dead, but will be resurrected by Beric to do Lady Stoneheart plotzee (Arya had already been given LS's expected plot for dealing with House Frey anyway).

Sansa will be in dire circumstances and will end up being saved by Sandor who faces his fear of fire in doing so.

I still think that Missy and Greyworm are going to make it in the show.

Gendry dying the next ep after he had sex w/Arya would be really fucking stupid and lame, so that spoiler is probably true, LOL.

I assume that Varys is still alive for some plot reason, so my guess is he lives until after the NK battle, though presumably Dany is going to execute him for treason down the line.

3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Gendry dying the next ep after he had sex w/Arya would be really fucking stupid and lame, so that spoiler is probably true, LOL.

I assume that Varys is still alive for some plot reason, so my guess is he lives until after the NK battle, though presumably Dany is going to execute him for treason down the line.

Gendry will probably die. The only reason they brought him back was because of the jokes of how he was still rowing. Even Davos made the joke. Much like the Hound was brought back because of the rampant speculation that he wasn't dead due to a minor book theory that he's alive at a graveyard. Now they will have clegeanebowl because people want cleganebowl. This show is predicable. Gendry and Arya had sex because people shipped them.

Since they ran out of GRRM's content, they are now reading online discussions for ideas.

1 hour ago, longest night said:

Gendry will probably die. The only reason they brought him back was because of the jokes of how he was still rowing. Even Davos made the joke. Much like the Hound was brought back because of the rampant speculation that he wasn't dead due to a minor book theory that he's alive at a graveyard. Now they will have clegeanebowl because people want cleganebowl. This show is predicable. Gendry and Arya had sex because people shipped them.

Since they ran out of GRRM's content, they are now reading online discussions for ideas.

The whole show sucks and is just fan service. It's not like they needed a smith at Winterfell to help forge thousands of weapons that they were at that time mining dragon glass for. It's not like it was foreshadowed in the books and show, (King Bob) "you have a daughter, I have a son, let's join our houses"....(Arya) I could be your family, (Gendry)...I wouldn't be your family, you'd be m'lady...

And yep, Clegane bowl would only happen because show fans want it. Oh wait, it comes from book foreshadowing, so it must be great then right?

All of that IS GRRM's content with the exception of Davos getting Gendry to the North.

14 hours ago, TheRevanchist said:

Jaime is going to be the big death, sacrificing himself to save Daenerys. The little brother prophecy will be realized by Arya wearing Jaime's face.

Theon dies saving Bran. Lady Mormont dies. Lady/Ser Brienne dies. Gendry dies. Most of the people in the crypts die. Add Gray Worm and Missandei too.

So Jaime will fall like a hero and Arya will defile his body to steal his face?

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

The whole show sucks and is just fan service. It's not like they needed a smith at Winterfell to help forge thousands of weapons that they were at that time mining dragon glass for. It's not like it was foreshadowed in the books and show, (King Bob) "you have a daughter, I have a son, let's join our houses"....(Arya) I could be your family, (Gendry)...I wouldn't be your family, you'd be m'lady...

And yep, Clegane bowl would only happen because show fans want it. Oh wait, it comes from book foreshadowing, so it must be great then right?

All of that IS GRRM's content with the exception of Davos getting Gendry to the North.

Should I mention more like Benjen as Coldhands? 

GRRM already said Gendry and Arya have separate futures.

7 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I really hope you're wrong.
These two have taken up far too much screen-time as it is. 

When it comes to unexpected dead in the next battle, I put my money on Bran (his plan will fail somehow) + Greyjoy.  

Dondarion, Thormund, Podrick, Edd, Greyworm, Missandei seem to be pretty much useless at the moment, so I would kill them off too.

1 dragon, 1 direwolf - less CGI for the last battle.

Jorah, Brienne seems to be important sacrifices... I give then 50/50.

Jaime, Hound, Tyrion, Varys still have some important role in the story, so wouldnt expect them to die.

Jon, Dany, Arya, Sansa are safe for the next episode.

I think Jon will have to kill Danny because she is becoming more and more like her father. He realizes that and by killing her the only way to control the other dragon is to warg it, so wether Bran dies or not, he will warg Drogon (in the books we learn that when a warg dies, he can go inside an animal and become it progressivly). Since there are still four episodes to go, this can be either this episode or the next...

Jon is like Frodo in this story: no happy ending for him...

Sure to die in Episode 3:  Theon.  I believe he's come back to Winterfell to fight as a Stark man in defense of the home and family he betrayed.  Pretty sure he'll die defending Bran, and I think that he has the idea that he would rather die in battle, fighting for and alongside Starks and their allies, then go back to the Iron Islands and eventually die of old age.  In the end, he is both Ironborn, and wants to die as a man in his full force and strength as a warrior; and as a Stark, defending Winterfell and its people.

Probably will die in Episode 3:  Grey Worm (or Missandei; I doubt that both will die, and I'd give greater priority to Grey Worm's likelihood to be killed off).  Jorah or Lyanna; it would be an interesting twist that Lyanna dies and Jorah decides to take up the lordship of House Mormont (with a pardon from whoever's ruling the North) to honor her.  Then again, young Lyanna is a fan favorite; and Jorah seems to have regained his honor to some extent, so maybe (in terms of the ideas of the show writers) it's his time to be killed.  Brienne; goes out as a knight.  Tormund (though I'd like him to survive, if only to remind the viewers that there are Wildlings still alive in the North).  Beric, because he's not crucial to future plot episodes and the writers want to trim the fat in terms of characters.

Might die in Episode 3Gilly and/or Little Sam (I really, really, really don't want this to happen).  Gendry - though it might be a bit obvious and over-melodramatic, since he and Arya only just acted on their yearnings.  Ghost.  (I'd rather he survive and join his sister's pack if/when Jon dies) Podrick; though I think they might spare him for future interaction with Bronn.  Alys Karstark.  Edd (I hope they keep him around as the token Night's Watch representative).  BranViserion (again) and the Night's King.

Safe until the last two episodesJaime (he has to have a reunion with Cersei, and I think he will be the one to kill her).  Sandor (must live long enough to kill Gregor, or at least die in the attempt; though I want him to be the one to kill him; it just wouldn't be believable if Arya does it).  Varys, Melisandre, DavosJon and Daenerys (they both have more to do, in terms of romance and action).  Sansa, Arya, Tyrion - and I think they have a good chance of surviving the series, especially Arya.

Not sure:  Drogon and Rhaegal.

Will definitely survive the entire series:  Sam.

20 hours ago, longest night said:

Gendry and Arya had sex because people shipped them.

That's too simple. There was many foreshadowing for some attraction and bond. And it makes a lot of sense to depict Arya as young woman now with a bit more of human desires. But yes, sometimes desires of the watchers are part of making a good series. I don't judge that.

18 hours ago, dbunting said:

It's not like it was foreshadowed in the books and show, (King Bob) "you have a daughter, I have a son, let's join our houses"....(Arya) I could be your family, (Gendry)...I wouldn't be your family, you'd be m'lady...

I don't understand your statement. You argue pro foreshadowing or contra?

Your quote confirms foreshadowing, doesn't it?

My opinions on everyone present at Winterfell:

Jon Snow - No way. He'll make it to the last episode.

Daenerys Targaryen - Same as her nephew. But maybe another of her two remaining dragons.

Sansa Stark - Highly unlikely. One great purpose I can see for her at the end of series is killing Cersei. I would also like to see something between her and the Hound.

Arya Stark - Unlikely. She still has some names at her little list and she needs to make a few more kills.

Bran Stark - It's hardest to predict. This will nov be the final battle with the Night King so it's possible that Bran will live to see the final episode.

Tyrion Lannister - I don't think so. He has to make up for the mistakes he made as Dany's hand.

Jaime Lannister - Many people think this will be his final stand, but I think he will survive. He just have to play a great role in Cersei's ultimate downfall.

Theon Greyjoy - Many people think he will die protecting Bran, but I think he will have a reunion and a final confrontation with his evil uncle. However, I also thought that he will have a reunion with Ramsay before Ramsay dies, so I wouldn't be surprised if he really dies in Winterfell.

Jorah Mormont - I think he will live another day.

Davos Seaworth - I expect him to have a reunion with Melisandre in the later episodes, so he will also live another day.

Sam Tarly, Gilly and little Sam - they will all live.

Bronze Yohn Royce - I don't think he'll survive.

Lyanna Mormont - After that conversation with Jorah, there's no way she's gonna survive.

Brienne of Tarth - She might die, but I would really love to see her giving her maidenhood to either Jaime or Tormund.

Podrick Payne - He might also die, but the think I would really like to see about him is being named a knight; Ser Podrick Payne.

Beric Dondarrion - Most likely to die. His presence on the show has become quite boring.

Sandor Clegane - No way. We all expect his final confrontation with his brother, we can all agree about that.

Tormund - He survived many impossible odds such as the massacre at Hardhome, the Battle of the Bastards and the destruction of the Wall. He might also survive this battle, but somehow I don't think he will.

Edd Tollett - Since the Wall has fallen, the Night's Watch has no longer any purpose. Let him be dead.

Missandei and Grey Worm - I doubt they will survive. Their return to the isle of Naath is just a way too much fairy to happen. I can see only Missandei surviving the series and returning to Naath, but with Grey Worm, no.

Gendry - The thing we saw in the trailer with Arya running away from something in the crypts might be reanimated Gendry, but I imagine that Gendry might outlive Arya. At he end of series I can see Gendry inherit Storms End and having another wife and the children in future. But despite having a wife and the children, he will never get over his love for Arya, just like Robert never got over his love for Lyanna Stark.

Varys - Very likely to die.

Ghost - Just to see him ripping apart some wights. This will be his final performance.

If you watch the after the episode interviews that HBO does with the actors that talk about the episode, you can see a lot of them are in costume in a more summer setting. Jamie seems to be in a King's Landing room. Davos, Sam, Tyrion, Arya, Bran, Gendry, and Brienne seem to be in setting like a  Garden or King's Landing ruins set. Beric seems to be wearing full armor and is covered in blood and looks like a Winterfell set, so he should be a goner. Interesting, Jon and Dany seem to be an a studio interview set.

I feel like a lot of the characters this episode that got big scenes or moments happen to them will be gone by the end of episode 3 and the ones who haven't done much will live to get bigger scenes later.

These are the only people I'm confident will die next episode.

Brienne - This will be one of the big deaths next episode. Brienne's arc is complete. It is bittersweet. Brienne got what she always wanted. She finally became a knight and now has the respect she deserves, but she will die bravely/tragically in front of Jaime.

Jorah - I hate having to say this one because the man is one of my favorites but it is true. Jorah's story is done. Jorah gave up Longclaw back before fleeing Westeros. He found new purpose with Daenerys. Now he will end his story fighting the dead with another Valyrian Steel Sword. He also pulled out of the running for being Dany's Hand telling her to keep Tyrion.

Greyworm

Theon - Being close to Bran during this battle is a death sentence. Theon will complete his arc giving his life defending the brother (Bran) of the man he betrayed (Robb).

Eddison

I see a lot of Jaime predictions but I just don't see Jaime dying before he confronts Cersei one more time. All this build up between him and Cersei since Season 1 just to go up north and die fighting Wights who he JUST found out were real 3 episodes ago? I just don't see it.

Danerys's whole arc revolved around her claiming the iron throne as the last born heir of the targaryen dynasty. That was shot down with R+ J reveal last episode. I dont think theres anything left of her. She will likely die next episode or the next. Dont see her surviving to last episode

7 hours ago, Kajjo said:

That's too simple. There was many foreshadowing for some attraction and bond. And it makes a lot of sense to depict Arya as young woman now with a bit more of human desires. But yes, sometimes desires of the watchers are part of making a good series. I don't judge that.

I guess (many) ship them because there was some bonding and attraction between them in S2. 

1 hour ago, D2procon said:

Danerys's whole arc revolved around her claiming the iron throne as the last born heir of the targaryen dynasty. That was shot down with R+ J reveal last episode. I dont think theres anything left of her. She will likely die next episode or the next. Dont see her surviving to last episode

Kinda makes the whole romance between Daenerys and Jon pointless if that's the case, doesn't it?

Archived