Who is Going to Die

SandSnark

Im thinking there was a few red herons in the previous episodes.

They expect us to think...

Brienne dies... but I reckon Tormund/Jaime or Pod die protecting her. Money on Pod : after the he's alright comment.

Jorah dies.....  He got his farewells etc... but I think his niece  will go. Jorah for the nightswatch!.

Theon dies... I don't feel he needs to die to make things right.. losing his cock.. torture... saving Sansa... Saving his Sis... guy needs a holiday.. just not a permanent one.

Greyworm….. Dead and his GF too.

4 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

I guess (many) ship them because there was some bonding and attraction between them in S2. 

Of course. The main question is not who some fans ship, but what of it all was intentional foreshadowing and was just incidental.

19 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

it could go either way with most characters in the next episode

Absolutely. We can only guess and interpret some supposed-to-be foreshadowing. Everything is open, most people simply guess or state the "preferences".

All names have been shouted several times so there will be some who say "see, I told you", no matter how random it might have been after all.

A big battle make only sense with lot of losses, so I believe the only sure thing is that there will be a lot of losses. They will finish of several character arcs, so to be able to focus on the endgame characters.

13 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

A big battle make only sense with lot of losses, so I believe the only sure thing is that there will be a lot of losses. They will finish of several character arcs, so to be able to focus on the endgame characters.

Agreed.
There's been big battles on the show before, without (m)any major losses, but neither of them got their own breath-before-the-plunge episode as this battle gets, and neither of them occurred when there was only 4 episodes left of the entire saga. 

Shit gonna happen, people gonna die. :fencing:

23 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

There's been big battles on the show before, without (m)any major losses,

Well, but the battles did not involve several non-combatant characters and not many named characters, too.

Stannis vs. Ramsay finishes off the Stannis and his whole thread. In the prelude, Shireen is burned. Theon and Sansa escape. That was more than enough of major developments.

Jon vs Ramsay finishes of Ramsay and his whole thread and re-establishes Winterfell. Yes, I agree, not important named losses there. The last giant, many wildlings.

This battle is different. It is literally Life against Death and all important characters are gathered.

23 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

but neither of them got their own breath-before-the-plunge episode

True. E2 was sort of an farewell episode.

1 hour ago, Kajjo said:

Absolutely. We can only guess and interpret some supposed-to-be foreshadowing. Everything is open, most people simply guess or state the "preferences".

All names have been shouted several times so there will be some who say "see, I told you", no matter how random it might have been after all.

One way to look at the survivors is who do we still need or whose purpose is not yet clear in this story. Yet it doesn't have to mean that the ones who got some kind of closure would necessarily die soon, but like it's been said many times here, those are in danger whose stories we visited recently.

It would be silly to kill Varys for example before we know why he's still there.

Anyway after making Arya a woman and the weapons she needed, I hope Gendry still has an ace up his sleeve to survive.

It would be funny though if someone died "accidentally" before he or she could fulfill their significant role in the story. Like falling off from a tower, food poisoning or something random that was not supposed to happen. :P

On 4/22/2019 at 8:01 AM, SandSnark said:

Who will survive Battle of Winterfell Part Deux? I'm definitely worried about Brienne and Theron and everyone in the crypt. Too much mention of going to the crypt to be safe. 

Lyanna Mormont could die and Jorah become Lord of the Bear Island

59 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

How you come to that impression? Ca you elaborate on it or is it just a wild guess?

It started as a wild guess, but then it started to make sense. As I just posted on another thread (I've bolded the bit that I started the theory with):

I think it will be Gendry who throws himself between the NK and Arya after she has been knocked down and therefore sacrifices himself as he and the NK both fall on top of Arya and her sword (not sure if it is needle). We see the three of them in a pile and the tip off the sword poking out the NK’s back. Then the sword starts to shine and the NK explodes. Gendry then expires in her arms.

I mean, Gendry the blacksmith King is such an obvious candidate to forge Lightbringer and therefore be AA. So he won’t be. He will instead take the Nissa Nissa role: There is magic in a King’s blood.

And Arya is set up as such a formidable warrior – what irony if she defeated the big bad by accident, having been to all intents and purposes defeated by him. In fact, she never needed all that training – she knew from the first day that she got Needle to “stick ‘em with the pointy end”. Killing her lover in the process would I suppose be somewhat err… bittersweet? It also makes sense of her tweet “last woman standing. Barely.”

On 4/25/2019 at 2:06 PM, Deminelle said:

One way to look at the survivors is who do we still need or whose purpose is not yet clear in this story. Yet it doesn't have to mean that the ones who got some kind of closure would necessarily die soon, but like it's been said many times here, those are in danger whose stories we visited recently.

It would be silly to kill Varys for example before we know why he's still there.

Anyway after making Arya a woman and the weapons she needed, I hope Gendry still has an ace up his sleeve to survive.

It would be funny though if someone died "accidentally" before he or she could fulfill their significant role in the story. Like falling off from a tower, food poisoning or something random that was not supposed to happen. :P

I agree, the way to look at it is who is still probably needed.

A power game has been established between Sansa and Dany. If Sansa died, I suppose Arya is still around to step in as LoW but seems unlikely. Similarly, Dany can’t be gone yet if the whole fire and blood magic part of the story is still on slow burn.

Brienne is needed for Sansa’s power games in the endgame so I doubt she would go, but her story needs some tragedy and that will be Pod. 

Dany is going to lose both of her trusted advisors at some point, so one of or both Jorah and Tyrion will very likely die, while the other will soon turn against her. My money would be on Jorah dying but I know many will disagree.

As for Arya and Gendry, I rather expect one of them to be a fire wight by the end of the episode, via Beric passing on his last life. Though I suppose it is possible Beric passes his « flame » on to Sandor. 

Won't be Bran - game over for Westeros if he does.

Won't be Arya - the "we WILL meet again" thing between her and Melisandre hasn't happened yet

Won't be Sansa - she is too clever by half now

Won't be Jaime - his destiny lies south in the next big battle (where he'll die). Plus Bronn hasn't made his way to Winterfell yet.

Won't be Brienne - she now idolises Jaime, and someone needs to finish his entry in the Kingsguard book

Won't be The Hound - he's unkillable, and the NK took his chicken

Won't be Gendry - the last Baratheon...he'll have a part to play in the KL battle

Won't be Jon - he's been the main player the entire time

Might be Varys - but I doubt it. He's had one line so far this season, so unless he has a Littlefinger type death scene I can't see his character being written off just yet.

Might be Daenerys - her whole world just crumbled. She might do something stupid.

Most likely - Grey Worm, Missandei, Ser Jorah, Ser Davos, Podrick, Edd, Ser Beric, and Tormund; simply cause he's a mad man and will take a hit meant for someone else.

But definitely - everyone in the Crypts (except Arya). I'm sure the Soup Girl from Ep2 with the burn scar is one of Qyburns little birds. She only has to kill one person, then you have a wight…from there it's all bad news...Gilly, Sam, Tyrion...everyone.

And Theon - him and his Ironborn guard will die protecting Bran.

1 hour ago, Skoboe said:

Won't be Brienne - she now idolises Jaime, and someone needs to finish his entry in the Kingsguard book

I don't understand that part. Jamie has to do heroic deeds to fill his pages. What has Brienne to do with it?

1 hour ago, Skoboe said:

Won't be Bran - game over for Westeros if he does.

I the moment I agree but finally I could imagine a world without magic, weirwoods and three-eyed raven. You can use books and lore and songs to remember the past. In the real-world we do not have any magic and exist anyway.

1 hour ago, Skoboe said:

burn scar is one of Qyburns little birds.

Possible, yes, but I hope not. This is too far-fetched for me considering the logistics. And small children are no trained assassins.

1 hour ago, Skoboe said:

Grey Worm, Missandei, Ser Jorah, Ser Davos, Podrick, Edd, Ser Beric, and Tormund

Yeah, my list is similar. I tend to believe either Missandei or Grey Worm, not both at the same time.

1 hour ago, Kajjo said:

I don't understand that part. Jamie has to do heroic deeds to fill his pages. What has Brienne to do with it?

His full redemption arc...he'll die heroically of course, but it will mean nothing if no one is around to record his story. In my mind, Brienne is the logical choice to do that.

18 hours ago, Hippocras said:

(...)

As for Arya and Gendry, I rather expect one of them to be a fire wight by the end of the episode, via Beric passing on his last life. Though I suppose it is possible Beric passes his « flame » on to Sandor. 

That would be awesome.

Setting up deaths of certain characters just to “subvert our expectations” by killing off others instead makes those scenes pointless. This show doesn’t kill off characters “just because it’s Game of Thrones” most of the deaths have set up and purpose. It comes down to “which characters have unfinished business?”. Brienne, Greyworm, Eddison and Jorah have none so I suspect they will die. Theon I’m not 100% sure on I feel like he does have unfinished business with Euron. Last time they saw each other Theon ran, but then again Theon wasn’t there for Ramsay’s defeat either so who knows.

21 minutes ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

Setting up deaths of certain characters just to “subvert our expectations” by killing off others instead makes those scenes pointless. This show doesn’t kill off characters “just because it’s Game of Thrones” most of the deaths have set up and purpose. It comes down to “which characters have unfinished business?”. Brienne, Greyworm, Eddison and Jorah have none so I suspect they will die. Theon I’m not 100% sure on I feel like he does have unfinished business with Euron. Last time they saw each other Theon ran, but then again Theon wasn’t there for Ramsay’s defeat either so who knows.

Brienne is Sansa’s right hand. Sansa has significant power moves to make in the last few episodes. I doubt they will happen without Brienne.

Brienne is destined to lead the Kingsguard and thus finish Jaime’s entry in the White Book IMO. Only the LC of the KG can do that.

13 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

Brienne is Sansa’s right hand. Sansa has significant power moves to make in the last few episodes. I doubt they will happen without Brienne.

Brienne is destined to lead the Kingsguard and thus finish Jaime’s entry in the White Book IMO. Only the LC of the KG can do that.

How do we even know there will be a KG in the end? Or a throne? Sansa doesn’t need Brienne anymore. I don’t know if we noticed but Sansa has Super assassin Arya around who went toe to toe with Brienne. Brienne is not needed any longer.

21 minutes ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

How do we even know there will be a KG in the end? Or a throne? Sansa doesn’t need Brienne anymore. I don’t know if we noticed but Sansa has Super assassin Arya around who went toe to toe with Brienne. Brienne is not needed any longer.

Arya is not equivalent to Brienne. She does not follow orders - her loyalty has a different character. She can not command a flank of an army, and does not have any battle strategy training or experience whatsoever.

We do of course not know if there will still be a Kingsguard at the end. However Jaime’s entry remains unfinished business, and it is very obvious she is the only one who can or will complete it. Jaime will die at some point. Brienne defends his legacy. That was the meaning of his weirdream. Without her he is destined to be lumped in with the legacies of his father and sister, because absolutely noone else can stand up for him with enough of their own integrity intact that they would be believed.

Archived