Who is Going to Die

SandSnark

Dany won't die (she hasn't taken everything from Cersei or defeated the dead yet),

Thormund won't die because he is token Wildling,

Jon won't die because he and Dany still needs to resolve their claims for the IT,

Arya won't die because Nymeria and the wolfpack needs to be resolved first,

Samwell won't die because he will need to lead the Reach after the War,

Gendry won't die because he must get the Stormlands,

Bran can't die because from what I gather that would mean world ending and its only ep 3 - so not likely,

Cersei can't die (again ep 3)

Ghost won't die because I really don't want him to.

Sansa will get beheaded/stabbed (like Lady),

Beric, Edd and the Hound are practically begging to get killed off,

Jaime and Tyrion: one can live on and be lord of Casterly Rock but it might be either one of them (I'd prefer Jaime to live and marry Brienne but that seems maybe a bit too much rose-tint to be in the cards),

Davos is great and I would love for him to rise in Dany's/Jon's court - but again with the rose-tint,

Pod and Brienne can die (defending Sansa preferably)

45 minutes ago, Sigella said:

Dany won't die (she hasn't taken everything from Cersei or defeated the dead yet),

Jon won't die because he and Dany still needs to resolve their claims for the IT,

Bran can't die because from what I gather that would mean world ending and its only ep 3 - so not likely,

Jaime and Tyrion: one can live on and be lord of Casterly Rock but it might be either one of them (I'd prefer Jaime to live and marry Brienne but that seems maybe a bit too much rose-tint to be in the cards),

Davos is great and I would love for him to rise in Dany's/Jon's court - but again with the rose-tint,

Theres so few episodes left for them to care about nymeria story. Thats something for the books. Theres so many things left from the books that wasnt shown in the show due to time constraints. Stuff much more important

I dont see any main characters from season 1 dying. Theyve made it so long and so far with such a dramatic development in their characters for them to die on a battlefield by people who have never had anything to do with their stories. These main characters include Jon, Arya, Bran, Sansa, Jaime, Tyrion

All secondary characters or at least were secondary til they became more important are vulnerable to die. And referring from a show standpoint. Dont care how relevant they were in the books. These include rest of chars, Brienne, Podrik, Hound etc

You guys have way too high hopes for survival. This episode is Ragnarök. The WW and NK will be defeated but at such a cost that then defeating Cersei will be impossible in a regular army battle.

Here is how I think this will be played out:

The Battle at Winterfell will have a death count unheard of since the "real" Ragnarök. While eventuelly defeating the dead, the WW,  Viserion and the NK, it will be at the price of all of the gathered armies at Winterfell. And it will also mean the death of most of the characters. I.e. Grey Worm, Edd, Tormund, Hound, Pod, Brienne, Jaime, Theon, Jorah, Lyanna, Gendry, Arya, Davos, Varys, Ghost, Rhaegal, Yohn Royce, Wolkan, Arys, Missandei and Beric are all dead to me.

This leaves the following little gang to regroup at Pyke: Sansa, Jon, Daenarys, Bran, Sam, Tyrion and Drogon (plus Yara).

Only uncertain fates to me are Gilly and little Sam, it matters little to the story as a whole if they survive or not.

Guesstimate of the ending follows:

The very few soldiers the Pyke gang can muster will then be used to lure out Cersei's troops to a battle, a seemingly easy win for Cersei. This is however a trick in order to assassinate Cersei in a back stabbing mission behind the lines, which succeeds. The GC abandons KL, Euron is defeated somehow and the road to the Throne now lies wide open.

Dany and Jon then lay down their claims to the throne. Since they can't agree on who's the most entitled to the crown among the two of them, they agree to appoint Sansa as the Queen of the 7K instead. Tyrion gets Casterly Rock, Sam becomes Grand Maester, Dany flies back to Mereen to do general Essos improvements, Jon takes Winterfell, Yara keeps Pyke. Bronn gets some random castle that Tyrion promised him while talking his way out of Bronn's attempt to kill him. Bran moves into a tree.

Hmm, maybe some more character needs to survive in order to be HotQ to Sansa...? Well, well. Anyway - The End.

On 4/23/2019 at 9:20 AM, TheRevanchist said:

Jaime is going to be the big death, sacrificing himself to save Daenerys. The little brother prophecy will be realized by Arya wearing Jaime's face.

I love this. I think you are right. 

GRRM really does like the full circle thing (*save your comments about GRRM not writing this, and bullet points and...ya get it-that's just tired at this point). 

I saw only a few saw the forest for the trees. I believe one of the biggest deaths of the show tomorrow will be either of the living dragons. If I were betting, I'd place the most money on Drogon as he has been shown as the most ferocious and Dany's dragon to boot. This will cause massive issues with Dany psychologically, as well as issues with her 'power' as Jon/Aegon the millionth of his name is the rider of Reagal (causing further issues with Dany's power). 

God I hope they figure it out and just get married already (yes yes yes...'the army of the dead is here, we have no time for that'-I hear ya Jon 'whatever you are' *thank you Lyanna*). It seems a little too easy to figure out, the advising group is talking about it, they are in love, I mean why not? Plot? too many episodes remaining? I digress...

I heard an amazing theory on a podcast called 'Game of Thrones' (imagine that) on Bald Move. (plug warning) AA Ron and Jim are hilarious and very well researched in the lore. Anyway, someone wrote in and said- Arya is going to kill the night king in order to balance the scales for the house of black and white. There are many dead, walking in westeros that should have been given back to the many faced god. Arya killing the night king will in essence kill all the WWs, and their respective thrawls (Wights) thus returning the army of the dead to the many face god. I love it, and haven't found a decent counter argument as to why anyone else should be the one to take down the NK. This means to me that Arya is safe (Also...GRRMs wife telling him not to kill Arya if he wants to remain married to her). 

I could also see the Bran and NK connection / jon = AA theory where Jon has to kill Bran to create light bringer and use it to kill the NK. It's a toss up between this and the above stated theory. This is much more bittersweet though. 

Jamie is going to die in the arms of the woman he loves, Breanne of Tarth. 

Now for the deadpool: death % given

Pod 'the rod' Payne: 100% see: Jenny of old stones song, possibly saving Breanne

Ser Breanne of Tarth: Very possibly the LC of the king/queens guard. Someone else on the thread stated 'someone needs to fill in the 'book of the kings guard' with Jamie's true deeds. 20%

Dolores Edd: Arc complete, wall knocked down = Bad Lord Commander :rofl: and Arc complete 100%

Alys Carstark: No arc, see Ned 'UmBa' 100%

Jorah 'the explora' Mormont: Arc complete, family acceptance granted by Lyanna, given a VS sword, 95%

Bronze Yohn Royce: Arc complete, still needs to show sweet robyn how to miss a target from 6 feet away, needs to appear angry about something...ugh never mind: 100%

Tormond 'giants bane': He is the only Wildling besides Gilly with a name, provides comic relief, 25%

Gilly: She discovered the greatest secret in ASOIAF with 'Ragger' 0%

Sam 'the slayer' Tarly: Will protect those in the "safest place in Winterfell, the crypt," must write ASOIAF, 0%

Ser Beric Dondarian: Thoros of Myr is dead, may complete book quest breathing his life force into the Hound, 95%

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: (*Airhorns going off) Cleganebowl, 0% (*every fucking chicken in sight 100%)

Ghost: see: Jenny of old stones song, will die possibly saving Jon enabling a hasty escape from TAOtD on Raegal 100%

Nymerya: She and her pack arrive just in time to save the remaining survivors (see: Helm's deep and Minas Tirith) 50%

Raegal: I believe of the two remaining living dragons, he will survive for the reasons stated above, 25%

Drogon: See Reagal, 75%

Ser Davos 'the onion ker-niggit': Arc complete, would be a heart breaking loss, still needs to kill Melissandre, 25%

Melissandre 'the red woman': Rumored to already be in Winterfell disguised as the little girl with the face scar. If true, she will have brought 'The fiery hand' (*1,000 warriors defending red priests). This would also assist in the last minute escape by all those wearing Valyrian plot armor on Raegal's back. 25% this episode...

Varys: No idea what he's doing alive, or if his arc has any juice, I believe he and Tyrion will discuss KL plans (or God's eye plans...more on that in a bit). He and Tyrion being in the crypt will enable the long battle scene to be broken up and give everyone screen time allowing for development of what is to come in the next 3 episodes. The Crypt being called the safest place 976594385049 times last episode lets me know its the worst place to be (see: kings of winter) I wonder if Tyrion will discover 'Raggar's' silver harp in Lyanna Stark's tomb? 25%

Tyrion: No way GRRM's fav dies here. Not with him being the 'smartest man alive' and sharpening his mind with Dr. Branhatten like Jamie's sword and a wet stone. 0%

Sansa Stark/Lannister/Bolton: Destined to be the Lady of Winterfell and Wardeness of the North. 0%

Arya Stark /No one: See above theory, 0%

Lord Snow, Wildling lover, Lord Commander of the Nights Watch, King beyond the Wall mercy killer, Direwolf abandoner, White Walker slayer, The undead, the Dragon rider, The White Wolf, King in the Norf, Aunt smasher, Dolt, and Aegon Targaryen millionth of his name (* or as Davos says, this is Jon): Way too much story to go. This entire story has been about him. I believe ASOIAF is Jon Snow. As per Dany's vision in the HoTU she reached out for the IT that just so happened to be covered in SNOW.  0% (*technically he's already dead...)

Dany 'titles, titles, titles: See above nephew. 0%

Yara, Bron, Qyburn, The Golden company, Cersae, Euron, the Mountain: 0% this episode

To add to the above:

I forgot Theon: What is dead may never die. I love what another poster put about dragon glass to the heard (like Benjin Stark aka cold hands aka there's no time). He would fight and fight wights in order to keep Bran alive. I love it. Theon 100% dead, but never died (totally).

5 hours ago, Sigella said:

Maybe Sansa does, not Daenerys?

If we ever see the wolves again. I believe Arya is save anyway, though.

That's no reason. Other Houses became extinct, too, like Tyrell.

But I believe Samwell will survive the whole series, maybe as narrator of the Song of Ice and Fire.

2 hours ago, 14ccKemistk said:

And it will also mean the death of most of the characters.

While I agree that several might die, I not at all expect "most of" to die. Some side-characters, maybe one or two main figures, that's shocking enough. High losses of nameless.

But yes, there will be some tragedy and we will be very sad of some deaths.

6 hours ago, Sigella said:

C'mon, everyone knows the Hound has to re-kill (double-kill?) Zombie Mountain. 

17 hours ago, A man has no name said:

Varys: No idea what he's doing alive, or if his arc has any juice, I believe he and Tyrion will discuss KL plans (or God's eye plans...more on that in a bit).

If the NK split his army, and took Viserion to KL and will be wreaking havoc (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!) I imagine the survivors of WF will head south to the neck to either Harren Hall and the God's eye, or River run. If RR, I imagine Edmure will have a role to play, (Blackfish? didn't die on screen...) If the God's eye, it would make sense as this is where the NK was created, see: symmetry (where it started it must end). 

Ranking the characters from guaranteed dead to guaranteed to survive, I'd say this.

1. Beric
  2. Varys
  3. Gendry
  4. Podrick
  5. Tormond
  6. Grey Worm
  7. Theon
  8. Missandei
  9. Brienne
  10. Jorah
  11. Davos
  12. Ghost
  13. Edd
  14. Lyanna
  15. Rhaegal
  16. Sandor
  17. Jamie
  18. Bran
  19. Night King
  20. Gilly
  21. Little Sam
  22. Big Sam
  23. Tyrion
  24. Arya
  25. Drogon
  26. Sansa
  27. Dany
  28. Jon

Apologies if I forgot anyone. 

What if no one dies? They like to steal Characters we love and we fully expect to lose characters but what if all the mains survive, while maybe being maimed but no one of importance dies today? Everyone's prepared for death. Curveball. 

In other news someone said Sam has to survive to man the Reach. Never gonna happen. He's still a man of the Nights Watch, though the watch fell with the wall, he'll deny that claim, maybe use whatever favor he retains to name someone strong and fair in charge. As a duty to his family memory.  He'll return to the Citadel if he's allowed and alive. ( with reformations)

9 hours ago, A man has no name said:

Also a very good possibility! 

Hmm, this IS very interesting. Maybe the Iron Bank has made it clear that funding the Golden Company is conditional on Cercei joining the forces of the living, and she reluctantly if latterly acceeds. Consider, evert major battle in the series has ended with a Custer's Last Stand moment being saved by an army unexpectedly turning up to save the day - Tywin at Blackwater, Stannis v the wilding army, The Vale at the Battle of the Bastards.  So I'd say the next episode ending with the Golden Company and Euron's fleet turning up to rescue the survivors and bring them to KL is pretty high.

Euron's fleet? Yeah, those crypt tunnels extend a long long way - Children OTF still live there, and they'll guide the human women and children to the coast. How will Euron know where to rendezvous? What about the timing? D&D magic!

Archived