Theory: Bran Told Tyrion About Jon

1 minute ago, A Time for Starks said:

I agree that he *probably* hasn't told Arya and Sansa.  But just because he hasn't told them, it doesn't exclude him from telling Tyrion. 

While I don't think Bran can see the future clearly, it appears he can get glimpses of the future, and has visions of the future.  Meaning he can predict a little about what may happen, especially combined with looking at and knowing everyone's past and present motivations.  So while I get it that Sansa and Arya are his siblings so he should tell them first... Tyrion may be the person that should be told because it may have real consequences on who ends up on the Iron Throne. 

Hmmmmmmm, lots of ifs, buts and maybes, and now all your doing, as is this whole group, is making my brain go into overdrive with all these crazy theories / solutions, along with my own ones of course.

Roll on Sunday!

1 hour ago, State Trooper said:

No way. Why would Bran break Jon's trust? He hasn't even told Sansa and Arya about it, (as far as we know), so there's no way he'd tell Tyrion.

Uh, what trust? Far as we know Bran and Jon haven't even talked about it. 

Also, he doesn't think of himself as Bran anymore. I don't know if he's partial to Jon. Jon is a piece on his gameboard. 

1 minute ago, darmody said:

Uh, what trust? Far as we know Bran and Jon haven't even talked about it. 

Also, he doesn't think of himself as Bran anymore. I don't know if he's partial to Jon. Jon is a piece on his gameboard. 

Trust as in not wanting anyone else to know Jon's secret. He obviously knows the chaos it would cause, so why let the cat out of the bag when there's no need?

18 minutes ago, State Trooper said:

Trust as in not wanting anyone else to know Jon's secret. He obviously knows the chaos it would cause, so why let the cat out of the bag when there's no need?

Why did he tell Sam to let the cat out of the bag in the first place? We don't know. 

It's not just Jon's secret, you know. And maybe there is a need to tell Tryion or someone else. 

2 minutes ago, darmody said:

Why did he tell Sam to let the cat out of the bag in the first place? We don't know. 

It's not just Jon's secret, you know. And maybe there is a need to tell Tryion or someone else. 

Maybe, but if there is we don't know why yet.

Bran told Sam because he knows Jon trusts him 1000%, so it made sense he was the one to to tell him. Plus Bran knew that he wouldn't tell anyone else about it, because of that trust I just mentioned.

3 minutes ago, Larger than Average Finger said:

He told Sam, because he knew that was the person who had to tell John and have him accept it.

Yes, and because Bran knew Jon would believe him and he also knew Sam wouldn't go blabbing to all and sundry. That's my point about "trusting" him.

9 minutes ago, Larger than Average Finger said:

He told Sam, because he knew that was the person who had to tell John and have him accept it.

That wasn't the question. Why did he tell Sam to tell Jon right when he did? He could have continued keeping he secret. Sam was apparently content to wait for Bran's cue. 

We don't know Bran's motivation. But I doubt Jon's privacy has much to do with it. 

7 minutes ago, State Trooper said:

Yes, and because Bran knew Jon would believe him and he also knew Sam wouldn't go blabbing to all and sundry. That's my point about "trusting" him.

Bran told Sam that Jon was the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna for those reasons, perhaps. But as you'll recall it required Sam's additional knowledge to put together that he is a Targaryen. 

From that point forward, there are larger concerns than keeping faith with Sam and Jon. For instance, Bran may have been thinking about the possibility of Jon riding a dragon. Or maybe he knows something about Jon's future with Danny. I dunno. But I don't figure he times out when he reveals information to protect his relationships. 

6 minutes ago, darmody said:

That wasn't the question. Why did he tell Sam to tell Jon right when he did? He could have continued keeping he secret. Sam was apparently content to wait for Bran's cue. 

We don't know Bran's motivation. But I doubt Jon's privacy has much to do with it. 

I agree with that, and I am not convinced that Bran's Motivations are all positive,  It feels like there is some manipulation happening.

Or just Tyrion wanted some form of entertainment to get the night rolling so what’s better than listening to Bran’s adventure. Tyrion was the one who had made him a saddle and he had genuinely shown his sympathy for Bran’s condition. 

I know it’s a shallow reading but sometimes there is no more than what it appears to be. Like his discussion with Cersei, was nothing more than what it appeared to be, I am glad that Tyrion messes up instead of proving smart by betraying Dany. And she forgave him and so they move on. I don’t think betrayal fits to his character. 

Archived