Theory: Bran Told Tyrion About Jon

5 hours ago, Johnston said:

He'll tell Tyrion some stuff that leaves Tyrion in no doubt the 3ER is the real deal not just a weirdo emo kid in a wheelchair that stares at people.  Think 'Chaos is a Laddah' Or 'The things we do for love' . 

If it wasn't for the fact DD have seemingly forgotten about it I'd maybe  think it would be something like where whores actually go. 

That in turn will help Tyrion convince Danny that it wasn't some Northern Conspiracy to put Jon on the throne. 

Nice call back the The Great Northern Conspiracy!!!!!

But yeah, I think he will have told Tyrion enough to make Tyrion believe that he really is what he says he is.

OP's theory that Bran told Tyrion about Jon? Entirely possible! We'll know for sure if Tyrion blurts out part of the story by accident during the Ice-Fog of War that's about to happen.

That said, I agree with the several posters who didn't sense a huge conspiracy vibe in this episode.

17 hours ago, State Trooper said:

That last bit doesn't prove anything. For me it's more Arya telling Jon not to get too close to Dany and to remember where he came from.

And sorry, but you're just guessing her and Sansa know, because there's been nothing in the show so far saying otherwise. In fact it hasn't even been mentioned.

It could mean something. Last season Sansa ans Arya had planned LF killing off-screen. I believe they have already prepared to whatever Jon would do after he would find out.

15 hours ago, Larger than Average Finger said:

I agree with that, and I am not convinced that Bran's Motivations are all positive,  It feels like there is some manipulation happening.

We can't really tell who or what pulls Bran's strings.

16 hours ago, darmody said:

Bran told Sam that Jon was the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna for those reasons, perhaps. But as you'll recall it required Sam's additional knowledge to put together that he is a Targaryen. 

From that point forward, there are larger concerns than keeping faith with Sam and Jon. For instance, Bran may have been thinking about the possibility of Jon riding a dragon. Or maybe he knows something about Jon's future with Danny. I dunno. But I don't figure he times out when he reveals information to protect his relationships. 

I am still convinced there is some Bran Stark left in him and his reason for telling Jon is just so Jon knows he had a mother who loved him. He thought Jon should be a Sand not a Snow but he still wanted to tell him. 

On 4/23/2019 at 12:37 PM, Gianna Dorenberg said:

To me, that scene confirmed Tyrion is the one going to make it till the end. He will be the, or one of the last ones alive.

And the show will end kind of like LOTR did, with Tyrion narrating the story he wrote, based on everything he got from Bran. With a bittersweet ending, full of death, and hope.

OH. completely disagree.  Sam is the one to write the story, not Tyrion.  Samwise, Samwell - doesn't matter, Sam, lover of books, will write the story.  :-)

On 4/22/2019 at 10:51 AM, Kajjo said:

The most straight-forward guess, however, is that they talked exactly about what Tyrion wanted to know: Bran's journey from crippled boy in Winterfell to become the three-eyed raven -- and what it means to be the three-eyed raven.

It is probably this. 

It was a callback in a way to when Littlefinger attempted to work his way into Bran's confidence by trying to get Bran to talk about the same thing.  Littlefinger wasn't really interested.  Tyrion is.

On 4/23/2019 at 4:26 PM, darmody said:

Why did he tell Sam to let the cat out of the bag in the first place? We don't know. 

It's not just Jon's secret, you know. And maybe there is a need to tell Tryion or someone else. 

Nope we don't know why.   For some reason, it must be important for Jon to know before the 'Battle for the Dawn'.

Maybe its related to having kings blood.  Maybe he ingites Lightbringer with his own blood?

Tyrion was pretty negative about the fate of Winterfell and all it's occupants. He then had the chat with Bran and later on while drinking by the fireplace he blurted out, "I think we will live!" which everyone scoffed at and he stood his ground.

Bran is being selective with the information he lets out and to whom he tells it too. I think he may have given some information that gave Tyrion hope. I'm not sure what that information is though.

Archived