Bran: Who says there's an after? Jamie demise or Bran?

I don't think that Bran sees the future and imo his comment was only an expression of doubts that they'll win.

That being said, I think Jaime will die sooner or later. Bran, not so sure, especially as he just mentioned he is the memory of humankind and Sam said right after that losing Bran would be like losing the history and it would be lilke the ultimate dead. Because of that comment I think that Bran will survive, or he'll give the 3EC powers to someone else and then die.

Jamie: What about afterwards?
Bran: How do you know there is an afterwards?
Jamie ... ? :o

This was chilling. It felt like this was Bran's way of saying "don't bother about it, you'll be dead anyway".
Sadly, as much as I (really) like Jamie post S3, I do think he's one of the safer bets in the deadpool.

2 hours ago, Charlie Hustle said:

hen Jamie asked what about after the war, Bran states that somebody is going to die.

No, he doesn't. Don't twist Bran's world, just state what he really said: "Who says there is an afterwards?"

The battle is not won yet. All might die. Or at least Bran and Jamie might die.

Brans statement could mean, one of them dies, but this could also simply mean he should focus on the present, because they don't know whether they will win the battle.

My personal guess is indeed, that Jamie will probably die heroically, but I don't really think Bran is foreshadowing here. Jamie and Cersei is still a valid theory for the endgame.

As far as we know, Bran cannot see the future. He states so himself in E2.

Although I do think Jaime has a good chance of dying by the end of the season, I am not expecting it to happen in this battle. I am still holding out hope that he is the one to end Cersei. Also Bronn hasn't made it to Winterfell yet, and I think there will be some interaction between him, Tyrion, and Jaime.

I think Bran's statement to Jaime was just emphasizing the uncertainty of how this will turn out. 

I posted this in the Jaime kills Night King post, but it also fits here...

I believe Jaime is destined to kill the Night King (therefore becoming the Night King Slayer) and does it in episode 3.  Even though Bran can't see the future, Bran does recognize that Jaime is very important in the battle against the dead.  My guess: The battle will seem lost, with the Night King just about to get to and kill Bran.  I can envision Jaime charging the Night King in the same manner he charges Dany in the Field of Fire.  But this time he hits his mark and kills the Night King, and also becomes mortally wounded in the process.  He'll probably die in Brienne's arms, possibly confessing his love for her.  It will have the symmetry as he was the one to push Bran out the window in the beginning, but now he is the one to save Bran from the Night King.

That is the problem with cryptic statements: They can mean anything :D

"Who says there is an afterwards?"

• Bran thinks everyone dies.
  • Bran thinks Jaime dies.
  • Bran thinks Bran dies.
  • Bran wants to observe Jaime during the battle to see if he deserves his silence.
  • Bran thinks there will be no Bran left after the encounter, just three eyed raven all over and as such it is immaterial...
  • Or it is just a reminder "Make sure tomorrow happens!"
  • or a lot of other meanings.

It took Bran to mean he knows Jamie will die. For me the only question is next week will Jamie die in Brienne's arms or will Brienne die in Jamie's arms? There'll be more tears than anything since The Door, either way. Jamie definitely has to die a hero's death at some point, and I do think Bran's death will be key to the demise of the NK.

2 hours ago, Kajjo said:

No, he doesn't. Don't twist Bran's world, just state what he really said: "Who says there is an afterwards?"

The battle is not won yet. All might die. Or at least Bran and Jamie might die.

Brans statement could mean, one of them dies, but this could also simply mean he should focus on the present, because they don't know whether they will win the battle.

My personal guess is indeed, that Jamie will probably die heroically, but I don't really think Bran is foreshadowing here. Jamie and Cersei is still a valid theory for the endgame.

As far as we know, Bran cannot see the future. He states so himself in E2.

Dont have time to find the exact quote. Thats semantics. But i noticed that is or could be a foreshadowing of Jamie's demise. I predict the next episode is his last.

I think @MinscS2 quoted the exact line which was "How do you know there is an afterwards?" which can mean quite a bit.

If Bran can see or have premonitions of events in the future, maybe he is genuinely dumbfounded and believes Jamie is saying something that is true but otherwise has no way of knowing it (that there is an afterwards).

Or Jamie is dead...:rofl:

Until Jaime kills Cersei, I think he's safe.  Now, of course that could happen in the next episode with the magic teleportation devices they have between King's Landing and Winterfell, but I find it unlikely. 

Yeah, I know there is debate as to who the younger brother actually is but Tyrion would be a boring option.  Jaime would be awesome. 

4 minutes ago, LyrnaSnowBunnyAvenger said:

Until Jaime kills Cersei, I think he's safe.

If the Valonquar-prohecy had been prominent, or even mentioned in the show, I'd be willing to agree, but it isn't.
I'll be very afraid for Jamies sake in the next episode, that's for sure, especially given how much screen time he and Tyrion got together in this episode.

1 minute ago, MinscS2 said:

If the Valonquar-prohecy had been prominent, or even mentioned in the show, I'd be willing to agree, but it isn't.
I'll be very afraid for Jamies sake in the next episode, that's for sure, especially given how much screen time he and Tyrion got together in this episode.

Unless I'm completely off my rocker (which would not be surprising), I'm around 98% sure it was mentioned in the show.  It was not prominent, but it was mentioned both in the Maggy the Frog scene and Cersei said something about being killed by her little brother. 

I do not think I'm making this up, but I certainly could be wrong.  That happens.  If I am wrong, then yes I'd agree he certainly is in danger of being killed.  If it was though, I still think he's going to be safe until he kills her. 

Just now, LyrnaSnowBunnyAvenger said:

Unless I'm completely off my rocker (which would not be surprising), I'm around 98% sure it was mentioned in the show.  It was not prominent, but it was mentioned both in the Maggy the Frog scene and Cersei said something about being killed by her little brother. 

I do not think I'm making this up, but I certainly could be wrong.  That happens.  If I am wrong, then yes I'd agree he certainly is in danger of being killed.  If it was though, I still think he's going to be safe until he kills her. 

Honestly, I could be wrong too. Wouldn't be the first time.

1 hour ago, Every Last Chicken said:

I think @MinscS2 quoted the exact line which was "How do you know there is an afterwards?" which can mean quite a bit.

If Bran can see or have premonitions of events in the future, maybe he is genuinely dumbfounded and believes Jamie is saying something that is true but otherwise has no way of knowing it (that there is an afterwards).

Or Jamie is dead...:rofl:

Bran  has had visions of the future in the form of imagery since  season  1, eg the sea flooding Winterfell.  Going with episode 1 mirroring s1e1 theory , then everyone Jon touched will die,ie Bran and Sansa will die.   I'm guessing Jamie will die, but not before killing the mad queen.

OT, why haven't Bran and Sam worked to figure out how the NK was defeated the 1st time around,and told everyone.  Seems they should have far more intel.

Archived