Bran: Who says there's an after? Jamie demise or Bran?

4 hours ago, Runaway Penguin said:

That is the problem with cryptic statements: They can mean anything :D

"Who says there is an afterwards?"

• Bran thinks everyone dies.
  • Bran thinks Jaime dies.
  • Bran thinks Bran dies.
  • Bran wants to observe Jaime during the battle to see if he deserves his silence.
  • Bran thinks there will be no Bran left after the encounter, just three eyed raven all over and as such it is immaterial...
  • Or it is just a reminder "Make sure tomorrow happens!"
  • or a lot of other meanings.

Yeah, honestly, building off what I think was some great inside by @Frances Bean Corbray in a different thread, I think there is a fair chance that this line foreshadows that the paradigm, the sot of dialetic of Life:Death, Tyranny:Liberty does not end.  One does not kill Death itself, it brokers an "easy peace" of sorts.

There is no "after" there is only something like the Hegelian "concrete, abstract, absolute" (that is thesis, antithesis, synthesis) of Being/Nonbeing->Becoming.

Perhaps this is exactly the point of the White Walkers, in a sense, a check on human "arrogance" and "excess."  You know, just like Death itself is, no matter how powerful (or moral, or just, of kind, or whatever) you are, you still die eventually.  "Thanatos" (that is, the "death drive itself, embodied) rears it's head.  Except here, it's personified, as if a character.

1 hour ago, LyrnaSnowBunnyAvenger said:

Unless I'm completely off my rocker (which would not be surprising), I'm around 98% sure it was mentioned in the show.  It was not prominent, but it was mentioned both in the Maggy the Frog scene and Cersei said something about being killed by her little brother. 

I do not think I'm making this up, but I certainly could be wrong.  That happens.  If I am wrong, then yes I'd agree he certainly is in danger of being killed.  If it was though, I still think he's going to be safe until he kills her. 

Maggy only tells the first part of the prophecy in the show, that she will have three children, and that they are going to die. The part with the valonquar is not mentioned in the show 

7 hours ago, .H. said:

I think there is a fair chance that this line foreshadows that the paradigm, the sot of dialetic of Life:Death, Tyranny:Liberty does not end.  One does not kill Death itself, it brokers an "easy peace" of sorts.

I am not convinced they will kill the NK. Just beat him back again so the cycle keeps repeating. Of course then there would be the question of how would they protect themselves. The wall has been breached, and they don't have the CotF to imbue it with magic once repaired. Perhaps Bran will rediscover it given that he has done more than any previous 3ER.

11 hours ago, Every Last Chicken said:

"How do you know there is an afterwards?"

Feel like Bran needs to say this to Sansa (or somebody should, and maybe Dany too), given when Dany went to make peace with her and she just kept on about "and after we win this and you win that, what then? " she needed a big ole "How do you know there is an after"!!!

But back on to Jamie and Bran - don't think Bran cans see the future (unless its "possible" futures) so him saying it is just him saying "Dude chill out lets worry about making it through tomorrow before worrying about what comes next"

7 hours ago, nymeria_2321 said:

Feel like Bran needs to say this to Sansa (or somebody should, and maybe Dany too), given when Dany went to make peace with her and she just kept on about "and after we win this and you win that, what then? " she needed a big ole "How do you know there is an after"!!!

But back on to Jamie and Bran - don't think Bran cans see the future (unless its "possible" futures) so him saying it is just him saying "Dude chill out lets worry about making it through tomorrow before worrying about what comes next"

Perhaps Bran didn't want Sansa to take precautions to protect him that would put the rest in more danger? 

"Logic dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few... or the one."

A this point we can't tell how much Bran does know about the future, if he knows it's just glimpses of it (and I think he does, especially short-term one) but it's not that he has a clear verison  of it. If he has, he prefers not to show it to anyone. 

Archived