So, if Jaime can be forgiven . . .?

On 4/22/2019 at 4:43 PM, DanyDayne said:

Sansa was the only one to really "forgive" Jaime and only because it's more of trusting Brienne than forgiving Jaime. Dany took her cue from Jon who is only concerned about the NK and the looming war. If Melisandre showed up now he'd most likely put her in armor to help them fight. Jaime is an extra sword to them and nothing more. He knows it too since he asked Bran what happens after. 

Well, I guess thats true, but Jaime has a real chance to redeem himself by fighting. And unless Melisandre could be of some help to them during the battle, I cant see Jon being okay with her sticking around. Unlike Jaime, she hadn't really done anything to earn anyones forgiveness yet.

15 hours ago, dbunting said:

I'm pretty sure she convinced Stannis and his wife to sacrifice her to break the weather, not to please her god. Don't forget, she didn't make the decision, mom and dear old dad ultimately made that choice.

Oh and BTW, the weather did break.

"Please her god" or "sacrificing people so that your god gives you better weather" is essentially the same. And Stannis made this decision only because Melisandre convinced him that this sacrifice would help. Its like convincing people that suicide bombing would bring you into heaven with 42 virgins and all the bullshit too religious people believe.

14 hours ago, Bradam said:

Would be interesting if Jon kills the night king but then dies of his wounds in Dany's arms, only for Melisandre to appear and bring him back again.  Dany would love her but Jon would still hate her. 

Part of me loves this. The other part is like if Jon has to die let it be a permanent death. Let the man rest in peace. 

16 hours ago, Bradam said:

Would be interesting if Jon kills the night king but then dies of his wounds in Dany's arms, only for Melisandre to appear and bring him back again.  Dany would love her but Jon would still hate her. 

ehh, i can see danny saying "lets let him stay dead this go round". For selfish reasons of course.

Time frame wise, it wouldn't make any sense for her to come back AFTER the WWs or NK is slain.....so basically it needs to be sooner rather than later....imagine her showing up in the final episode after all of the WWs are dead and gone and everyone trying to hash out the new ruler(s) of Westeros :lmao:

On 4/22/2019 at 10:47 AM, Kajjo said:

I don't even sense any emotional "forgiving" with Sansa. Sansa just trusts Brienne and somehow pardons Jamie for the time being

Sansa had feelz, which I noticed because we rarely get any emotion out of her besides annoyance and whatever it is she feels for Theon. When Brienne says Sansa would be dead without Jaime because he armed and armored the big lady and sent her North, you can see Sansa reacting. 

19 hours ago, Bradam said:

Question: will Mel shave his pubes again, or will that be Danny's honor?

5 hours ago, Haskelltier said:

"Please her god" or "sacrificing people so that your god gives you better weather" is essentially the same. And Stannis made this decision only because Melisandre convinced him that this sacrifice would help. Its like convincing people that suicide bombing would bring you into heaven with 42 virgins and all the bullshit too religious people believe.

Except in this case it's only partial bullshit. I don't know if the fire god is real, but the Red Witch definitely has supernatural powers, and the Hound's vision in the flame was real. 

On 4/22/2019 at 11:37 PM, SansaJonRule said:

Varys (why does he always have his hands hidden in his clothes?). 

That's where he hides the candied plums. (Which are the secret to intelligence work in Westeros.)

Better question: why does he even exist? He serves no purpose. 

51 minutes ago, darmody said:

When Brienne says Sansa would be dead without Jaime because he armed and armored the big lady and sent her North, you can see Sansa reacting. 

That's true, but I ascribe that to Sansa being full of emotions towards Brienne and her vouching, not towards Jamie and forgiveness.

49 minutes ago, darmody said:

will Mel shave his pubes again, or will that be Danny's honor?

Did she? I haven't seen it.

4 minutes ago, darmody said:

That's part of my "head canon," partly because she cuts his hair and partly because Tormund talked about seeing his privates. 

OK, thanks. I was afraid I had missed something. Have your dreams...

"Seeing the privates" is easily possible with pubic hair anyway.

1 hour ago, darmody said:

Except in this case it's only partial bullshit. I don't know if the fire god is real, but the Red Witch definitely has supernatural powers, and the Hound's vision in the flame was real. 

Well, sorcery is a sword without a hilt. She can give birth to deadly shadows, but can she safely control the weather through human sacrifices? And her prophecies from the flames were partially right and wrong too.

And she has obviously no problem with sacrificing little children for better weather.

8 hours ago, Haskelltier said:

South Park did a hilarious scene where the suicide bomber goes to heaven and they send him into the room with the virgins and their all overweight fat dudes typing on computers.

5 hours ago, darmody said:

That's where he hides the candied plums. (Which are the secret to intelligence work in Westeros.)

Better question: why does he even exist? He serves no purpose. 

Hes in charge of the bigger picture. Schemes would never work without him connecting dots. Information needs to flow and he's the internet. Without Varys how would Jaime free Tyrion? How would anyone know anything. He's always thinking 15 steps ahead though. He's a manipulative SOB, but hes generally right. 

Edit: coincidentally I'm watching season 7 episode 2, he explains himself to Danaerys. He looks for someone who is actually fit for rule. Bigger picture. 

1 hour ago, Roux said:

Hes in charge of the bigger picture. Schemes would never work without him connecting dots. Information needs to flow and he's the internet. Without Varys how would Jaime free Tyrion? How would anyone know anything. He's always thinking 15 steps ahead though. He's a manipulative SOB, but hes generally right. 

Edit: coincidentally I'm watching season 7 episode 2, he explains himself to Danaerys. He looks for someone who is actually fit for rule. Bigger picture. 

He freed Tyrion four seasons ago. Tyrion has sucked since then. 

Haven't we established that Varys' "someone has to think of the realm" stuff is nonsense? He started out the show promoting Danny's creepy brother over Robert. I don't see how the realm is better off without Robert. Theoretically Danny and Jon could rule it better, but look at all the carnage in the meantime. 

If Varys were any good at all, he would've had Little Finger assassinated back when. 

12 minutes ago, darmody said:

He freed Tyrion four seasons ago. Tyrion has sucked since then. 

Haven't we established that Varys' "someone has to think of the realm" stuff is nonsense? He started out the show promoting Danny's creepy brother over Robert. I don't see how the realm is better off without Robert. Theoretically Danny and Jon could rule it better, but look at all the carnage in the meantime. 

If Varys were any good at all, he would've had Little Finger assassinated back when. 

Without littlefinger Sansa would still have been joffreys plaything. Varys' wants were aligned with baelish for a while.  I'm not arguing the character himself, but he's necessary for story telling. Without a thread a lot of things make no sense. He's a voiceover. 

Character I dig him cuz he's unpredictable. No one knows when he's going to pop up or what he's going to do. He has people that he helps but he doesn't have any of his own friends. He's no hope of children and no value for his own life. He's asexual, besides being a eunuch so as far as anyone can write a character, he has no loyalty. As long as you're behaving he's a hell of an ally. He's smart enough (like Jon) to know kings and queens are humans just like anyone. 

Archived