Meanwhile Back at King’s Landing . . .

Given that Cersei has nothing to do with the current battle at Winterfell it was inevitable that we wouldn't see her for an episode or two. I can't say I mind having not scenes of in King's Landing as it would disrupt the flow. We probably won't find out what Cersei's latest stupid plan is until Episodes 4 through 5 when the Night King's inevitably walks over the North and starts heading for her.

Whether she blows up the Red Keep herself or someone helps her along, if Dany's vision in the House of the Undying and Bran's various flashes of "important things" are anything to go by the final pow-wow might very well result in the throne room getting hollowed out. 

13 minutes ago, Lord Lyman said:

It could be all at Winterfell. You have so many characters there right now that they are all going to need some sort of screen time. I don't think any other battle has had as many main characters as this one is going to have. Also the episode is going to be 80 minutes long. You're probably talking about a good 100 hours of actual film that needs to be shot.

I agree. I just think that if say 50 minutes into the episode the battle at Winterfell is pretty much over, all the Wights are dead and the others die with them, but no sign of the NK, survivors are looking at each other like WTF? Then switch to KL and Cersei drinking wine all smug and safe. Then bam, NK starts roasting the Golden Company and all of KL. Last 30 minutes is the destruction of KL. Remember, the NK could fly directly south and raise a whole new army when he gets there, if KL has a million people in it, then there should be massive graveyards outside of it, instant army.

Will it happen, no, but damn would it be a shocker to most if it did.

3 minutes ago, longest night said:

Cersei's plotline is like butter scraped over too much bread. Her ending should have been seasons ago with the invasion of Aegon.

Jon/Aegon has no plans to invade!

Archived