We didn’t see the Night King at he end of E02

nborders

18 minutes ago, 21st Century Moose said:

Well there's definitely a dragon in the e3 preview, but I'm not 100% certain which. 

When you stop the video, you'll see Daenerys riding the dragon in the promo. So the NK is nowhere to be seen. Either he falls for the kinda obvious trap or maybe he'll get to KL to add a few people to his army, attacking from the south.

But seeing how long it took them to move to the wall, to Last Hearth and to Winterfell, they might just arrive at the end of S8 :D

1 hour ago, Moshroom said:

But seeing how long it took them to move to the wall, to Last Hearth and to Winterfell, they might just arrive at the end of S8 :D

Maybe I'm taking Dolorous Edd's and Tormunds words too literally, but if they are to believe, the AotD took the scenic route around the north, in order to fill up their ranks before marching on Winterfell. Would at least explain why it took them so long to get there.

I thought they said at the end of the last episode that the Nights Watch had extra horses, so they all would have been mounted on horse back while the army of the dead would be walking and that's how they got ahead of them.

1 hour ago, ValarMorghulis1990 said:

Is the power of the White Walkers and Wight's not compromised without the NK present?

WW are on their own. They might have the same abilities as the NK. At least we know that each WW can raise the dead.

Wights are remote-controlled by the WW who raised them. 

If the NK is smart he will send half his army around to the south of Winterfell to block all roads of retreat.  Maybe he went to White Harbor to "recruit" some soldiers to march northward.  KL would be a bit too far away, although huge distances didn't seem to bother the writers last season.

13 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Yeah, I don't think the NK is with the army at Winterfell, he will show up King's Landing, fulfilling Bran's vision of a Dragon over KL.

Ya know, I have been thinking about this more and more. I kinda think this may happen. With Bran's vision and Dany's vision of snow falling on the Iron Throne. I think the final big twist is the NK sits on the Iron Throne. I think we all have been thinking of this as the good guys fight the ww then they fight cersei. Maybe Cersei's army gets demolished by the NK, wouldn't take long and it could make sense. Then he gets an even more massive army. Then we don't have to worry about the rushing of the first WW fight then of Cersei's army. Really they fight the WW's in Winterfell then have to fight the NK and his Golden Company army down south...

4 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

The NK will be there, I have a feeling the whole army of the dead storyline is going to get resolved in the next episode, there’s too little time left to deal with everything else.

That would be great. I think people want to see closure to the human/personal storylines over and above the WW/Army of the Dead scenario.

1 hour ago, ValarMorghulis1990 said:

That would be great. I think people want to see closure to the human/personal storylines over and above the WW/Army of the Dead scenario.

Yeah I do to be honest, I just don’t feel enough about the NK and Army of the Dead storyline to want it to go beyond one big battle, I also sort of think people are giving the NK more tactical kudos than he deserves, I don’t think the Army of the Dead is nearly as well organised as the livings, by default they can’t be as 99% of them are mindless zombies.

5 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

The NK will be there, I have a feeling the whole army of the dead storyline is going to get resolved in the next episode, there’s too little time left to deal with everything else.

Its probably just misdirection, but everything about the way they have written the show would have the final second of that episode being Viserion flying from the storm cloud. 

6 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I really hope it isn't resolved in one episode. You could absolutely be right, of course. But this giant threat that is so bad and awful and big has loomed over this show for 8 seasons now. It would be a shame if one 80 minute battle (though it won't be that long) ends it all. I honestly believe it will be at least two episodes long. Filming for 55 days is a lot to trim down to one 80 minute episode.

But I guess we will see!

Archived