We didn’t see the Night King at he end of E02

nborders

13 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I've been saying this a lot today but here it goes again. Someone tell me how the NK knows that Kings Landing exists? 

He can't know, or at least we haven't been shown a way for him to know. KL was created thousands of years AFTER The Long Night, after they were defeated and the wall was built.

The only way they could try to spin it is to say he shares Brans' memories, but if that were the case then we should have seen Bran share the NK memories too and we haven't.

I would agree with that if it weren't for Jon's damn fool mission to take a living wight to Cercei. That could be a changer. Nevertheless, I don't think KL is particularly significant to him and I still think his plan is to steamroller his way from north to south.

4 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

I would agree with that if it weren't for Jon's damn fool mission to take a living wight to Cercei. That could be a changer. Nevertheless, I don't think KL is particularly significant to him and I still think his plan is to steamroller his way from north to south.

Seems quite a stretch to me. That wight was killed before the NK even breached the wall, the magic still held them back. That would basically be saying every wight has a gps in them and the NK is tracking them.

1 minute ago, dbunting said:

Seems quite a stretch to me. That wight was killed before the NK even breached the wall, the magic still held them back. That would basically be saying every wight has a gps in them and the NK is tracking them.

They do seem to have a 'gps' connection to the WW that revived them. it's not that unfeasible. But, I would agree that it's a red herring in this case.

The dragon flying over KL that Bran saw in a vision had 'intact' wings, thus couldn't be Viserion, but I do think that the NK may not be involved in the battle at WF in 8.3 at all, unless it is just long enough to raise the Stark dead (if indeed that's what happens).  

What makes sense to me is that the battle with the dead won't end at WF.  People will scatter, maybe some of the living will make it to the Iron Islands to 'regroup' while the AofD marches on to KL.  I've saw a post where someone guessed the battle with the dead won't end till Ep. 5, with the last Ep of the season devoted to the aftermath and what new beginnings will come about (basically where Martin's ADOS will end, provided we do get those last two books.)

Archived