Foreshadowing by Tyrion

So there were a couple lines from Tyrion that stood out to me this episode. I wanted to get some of you guys’s Opinions on if they were foreshadowing for anything. 

The first one was and note that I’m paraphrasing these.

- “Maybe after I’m dead, I’ll go on down to King’s landing and tear Cersei apart” my opinion is that this is foreshadowing that Jamie will actually kill Cersei. Even though the line came from Tyrion.

The 2nd one goes

- “at least Cersei won’t get the satisfaction of killing me” this could point to bronn heading north to carry out cersei’s Plan. I don’t think he will go through with it.

and this 3rd one is admittedly tinfoil and I’m clearly reaching but! After talking to bran and hearing his long story. Tyrion tells everyone “I think we’ll live” did bran tell Tyrion something? Lol probably not but hey! 

1 hour ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

“Maybe after I’m dead, I’ll go on down to King’s landing and tear Cersei apart” my opinion is that this is foreshadowing that Jamie will actually kill Cersei. Even though the line came from Tyrion.

Agreed on this point.  I took this as foreshadowing for Jaime's character as well since Tyrion was in fact talking to Jaime when he said it.  I took this to mean, that even after Jaime is dead, he'll go down to King's Landing and kill Cersei.  He'll do this in the form of Arya taking his face (not in wight form).

2 hours ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

and this 3rd one is admittedly tinfoil and I’m clearly reaching but! After talking to bran and hearing his long story. Tyrion tells everyone “I think we’ll live” did bran tell Tyrion something? Lol probably not but hey! 

I was literally so hype for the Bran-Tyrion discussion for all of five seconds... They have only revealed that Bran is like tapped into the history book weirwoods of westeros.  But shouldn't bran also be able to warg the northern animals to help join the fight against the others and undead? Like bring some direwolves to fight along side ghost and nymeria and her pack... Or have some other sweet powers we will find out in the next episode.

They kept saying the crypts are the safest place....

9 hours ago, A Time for Starks said:

Agreed on this point.  I took this as foreshadowing for Jaime's character as well since Tyrion was in fact talking to Jaime when he said it.  I took this to mean, that even after Jaime is dead, he'll go down to King's Landing and kill Cersei.  He'll do this in the form of Arya taking his face (not in wight form).

I think that was suggested last season as well. I really can't see Jaime himself actually offing her, no matter how mad he is at her, he still loves her.  I don't think it's outside the the realm of probability.

Did anyone else happen to notice that when Arya was alone practicing her archery, the background music that was playing was what they played when she was in the House of Black and White. It stopped when she and Gendry started talking. What did it mean? Or perhaps foreshadowing that her FM assassin days are not over? Or was it just contrasting Arya the Assassin with Arya the Woman?

10 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

Did anyone else happen to notice that when Arya was alone practicing her archery, the background music that was playing was what they played when she was in the House of Black and White. contrasting Arya the Assassin with Arya the Woman?

I noticed this too. I even mentioned it to the people I watched the episode with. Was a long time since I heard that theme.

I think it was supposed to contrast how Arya can switch from from cold FM assassin, to a more normal and humane person, especially when around Gendry.

That was my initial interpretation of it as well.

I sure was hoping she'd demonstrate that weapon, because in the drawing it looked like it was 2 pieces. It is awesome though, a stave, a spear and a knife/dagger all in one. It reminded me of Mat's Ashandarei from WoT, excluding the spear end.

Archived