Almost sure:

Briene, Berric Dondarion, Greyworm, Tormund, Ed, Theon, Jorah

Quite possible:

Gendry, Varys, Melisandre (if she shows up), Missandei, Lyana Mormont

Unlikely

Bran, the Hound, Davos, Gilly

Very unlikely (impossible imo):

Jon, Danny, Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, Jamie, Sam

My two best bets for deaths in Ep3 are Grey Worm and Theon. The numerous side characters like Gendry, Jorah, Lyanna Mormont, Royce, Sandor, Missandei, Podrick, Tormund, Beric, Edd (and Bronn, when he shows up) can die any moment and the upcoming episode is as good as any other. One of the surviving dragons might die. Ghost too.

A lot of people seems convinced that Brienne will die. I'm not that convinced but if she does, she most likely dies in Ep3.

I'm sure that Dany and Jaime will die at some point but not that early. Jon and Bran might die too but once again, not that early.

Dany is my pick for a "holy shit!!!!!" moment.  She just learned that she will not sit on the Iron Throne, which has been her whole motivation since (practically) the beginning.   I was expecting some more tension between her and Jon first (though that could be difficult with the battle starting as soon as the music ends next week), then her sacrificing herself in a way that turns the tide of the battle and probably saving Jon two seconds before we would have otherwise died.   She gets her legacy for all time throughout the seven kingdoms, and GOT gets to shock its fans again much in the way Ned's execution and the Red Wedding did.  I'm not in any way saying I want her to die - but her death could be amazing and one of the least expected.

A few I forgot (thanks!):  Forgive my butchery of spelling I listen to books on tape usually.

Grey Worm: 1/10  Yea, he gave his retiring in two weeks speech on Ep2.  He is toast.

Melisandre: 5/1  If she shows up, she is dead.  She will return in one of these episodes for a big dramatic moment and then die.  This episode seem reasonably likely for that spot.

Gendry: 1/2 Arya smush was his only reason to return and that is done.  There isn't much young male eye candy on the show, so that may save him.

Ghost:  1 billion to 1: He hasn't been on the show for two seasons, I think D&D forgot about him.  That little, white husky that was added in post for Ep2 is in trouble, though.

56 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Dany's death sometime during this season is quite expected though (not 100% likely, but close to a 50/50), so I'm not sure it fits the bill for the last massive "holy shit!"-moment. 

The problem with predicting what is or is not a "holy shit" moment is that you have to be in D&D's heads. Every person will have a different expectation and opinion on something. 

On 4/22/2019 at 8:01 PM, cirah1712 said:

Have no idea what any of the odds means ( I don't understand betting odds) but I get the main jist of what your saying.

FYI: X/Y means if you bet Y dollars, you'd get X dollars in payout.

50/1 means if you bet a dollar, you'd get $51 dollars payout. 1/50 means if you bet a dollar, you'd get $1.02 payout.

23 hours ago, TheRevanchist said:

Oh yeah, the theory has been forever that he is actually the narrator of the story and is gonna write 'A Song of Ice and Fire' after everything is done. Also, GRRM has said that he is not a hero like Jon, he is more someone like Sam.

The story is written in first person from several different characters’ points of view. I don’t know how Sam could be narrating the story other than the parts that he was involved in. How would he know anything about Dany in Essos or Cersei in KL, or . . . .?

14 hours ago, Damitol said:

Dany is my pick for a "holy shit!!!!!" moment.  

Agreed! The entire series has been full of Dany “holy shit” moments. The amount of times episodes have closed with her in a bombshell ending are too many to count. I would fully expect this one to be no different.

12 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

the last massive "holy shit!"-moment.

Just because she is dying certainly not. She is somehow expected to die, like all main characters can at any point.

But a shocker would be Jon pushing his sword into her heart to create Lightbringer. Dany doing it voluntarily. That's a shocker.

Bran and the Nightking neutralizing each other in some gross ritual or so, could be shocking, too.

On 4/23/2019 at 2:35 AM, Nihiloth90 said:

People have always thought Jorah was in terrible danger. After the Greyscale death sentence, and the battles in the pits, he still managed to survive. Samwell cured Jorah's Greyscale and gave him Heartsbane. I highly doubt he was given the sword, just to fall in a battle with the White Walkers. Everyone is in danger, but I'd put money on Jorah being saved for one very particular purpose, the same way Jaime probably is.

What makes Jorah's survivability tricky to predict is the fact that he's one of the main players but he's in the background just enough so any outcome would probably come as a surprise. Jorah has had so many close calls with death, so seeing him die in an anti-climactic way might be surprising but inevitable all the same. However, I don't think that's the best they can do with him. For a character who's slipped through the cracks and dodged death so many times since the very beginning, his purpose is (probably) yet to be fulfilled.

I've often thought Jorah would become the 1000th LC of the Night's Watch (as I don't think the Others will truly be defeated, but pushed back again into the land of always winter).  But now I am not so sure.  I think he said his goodbyes in Ep2 and that he'll die saving Dany in Ep3.

14 hours ago, Damitol said:

Dany is my pick for a "holy shit!!!!!" moment.  She just learned that she will not sit on the Iron Throne, which has been her whole motivation since (practically) the beginning.   I was expecting some more tension between her and Jon first (though that could be difficult with the battle starting as soon as the music ends next week), then her sacrificing herself in a way that turns the tide of the battle and probably saving Jon two seconds before we would have otherwise died.   She gets her legacy for all time throughout the seven kingdoms, and GOT gets to shock its fans again much in the way Ned's execution and the Red Wedding did.  I'm not in any way saying I want her to die - but her death could be amazing and one of the least expected.

'And the third shocking moment?

“… is from the very end…,” Benioff teased.'

I think the third moment won't happen until ep6.

Archived