Ep3 Death Odds

40 minutes ago, Greenmonsterff said:

What were the first two?

Showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss tell EW those conversations included “three holy sh– moments” in particular.

The first: Stannis Barathon sacrificing his daughter Shireen — which was shown during the show’s fifth season.

The second: Hodor’s mind-bending origin story, which was revealed in Sunday’s hour. Martin has known the true meaning behind Hodor’s name since introducing the character in the first novel of the saga, A Game of Thrones.

And the third shocking moment?

“… is from the very end…,” Benioff teased.

I am fairly certain that the following people will survive.

Tyrion - He will be the narrator at the end (his long talk with Bran kinda gave this away). Many assume it'll be Sam, rightfully so but I think it'll be Tyrion.

The Hound - They are clearly setting up Cleganebowl and the end of S7 told us as much.

Cersei - Cleganebowl has to happen so Kings Landing will be safe in E3, thus Cersei as well

Dany - They won't conclude her arc this quickly, so I think she will survive E3 as well. I expect the show to kill off a lot of main characters, but not hers. And if it ever happens it'll be at the very end.

Arya - She still has her list.

Jaime - Still has to face Bronn, doubt it'll happen in E3. I don't mean face as in fight, just a confrontation.

Jon - I expect Jon to die 100%, just not in E3. Probably in E5.

Sansa - I expect her to live through everything.

The rest I am not certain about.

On 4/23/2019 at 7:59 AM, TheRevanchist said:

Jaime is going to be the big death, sacrificing himself to save Daenerys. The little brother prophecy will be realized by Arya wearing Jaime's face.

I know this is a popular theory and tastes vary, etc, but I really hate this theory. I hope Arya gets bonked on the head and loses the specific bit of knowledge that allows her to use the faces. I think they wanted her to have the Frey moment, but I am hoping like hell that they are done with Arya's faces.

And to get it back on topic, this is why I think Jaime survives the battle. His story ends down south. It's also why I think Brienne is in trouble - it just seems one of those pair could be dying here and Brienne's story has a conclusion.

Archived