Chance for Benjen to return alive to the wall

Lady Winter Rose

17 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

Because Benjen has such strong similarities to Bloodraven (in my mind) I tend to think he is alive.  Because Benjen likely has key information on a couple of huge subjects he's almost got to return to offer up his pieces.   As our friend @Clegane'sPup described quite well, there are many places a Ranger could turn up and that timely gift at the Fist of the 1st Men was awfully well placed.   

Good to see ya. Not much left to talk about nowadays. Martin's books have reached a dead end and the show influence overrides. Sad.
The hype train no longer trudges along.

hmmmm

all in all, how long do you figure Benjen been "missing" for? 
would the estimate be (at the maximum) less than three years? 
i say that because Jon going to the Wall happens sometime 298, and 300 being the year at the end of Dance.
(seems like it should be less, like under two years for sure)

As I said on another post (the one discussing if Benjen could be south of the Wall) I do think he is alive. I think his "disappearence" is more actually a rescuing by the CotF. 

In my mind his party was attacked by Others during the ranging but the CotF somehow saved them but Othor and Flowers died nonetheless. The Children then proceeded to enlighten the other four about the Others and everything that is happening and they are now doing some errands for them, somewhat akin Coldhands does. 

Othor and Flowers bodies were taken back to the Wall by the party or by Coldhands (most likely) as a way to make the Watch 100% sure that "Winter was coming" and the dead with it.

My bet is that Benjen and the others are on a mission in the Heart of Winter or some other place very very far north.

On 4/23/2019 at 2:25 AM, divica said:

What I am saying is that even if his friends escape I don t think bran will leave the cave. That he will be fused into the weeirwood net by the time the NK arrives. 

The Night King? I'm pretty sure you mix it up with the tv series now.

Archived