NBA Playoffs 2019 - Kawhi So Serious?!

Relic

Oh no.  Brook Lopez won me over tonight with that aftergame interview when they finally let him speak after years of me knowing him only as the crazy eyed bastard Milwaukee had brought in to unnerve the other teams.  "Honey, come look at this.  The Bucks have some sort of rapist running around on the court!"   But now, with that clapping thing he did, together with the hilarious intensity of his voice, great work ethic, and sudden likeability, ...he may be my guy.  (replacing that Lance guy on the Lakers).    I hope he's not the one Draymont kicks in the nutsack this year.

2 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

He may only get 3 more chances,

Fair. In that case, I don't think he'd match it in the first ten games of next season either. 

I think shooting 78% from three on that many shot attempts is unlikely enough that the rest of the field wouldn't do it either. It's not implausible that anyone from any team can do it, but I don't think that it is probable even with the noted sharp shooters in the West. You can afford to miss only one out of every five shots. 

Raptors need to find some way to get their bench going, you can't beat Milwalkee with your starters all playing 40+ minutes, they have too much depth and play too fast for this to work. Especially if Toronto try to push the tempo themselves as they did in the first half. Kawhi was exhausted the whole last quarter, and so was Gasol.

There's a bit of speculation that Zion may not end up in New Orleans after all. Still hasn't hired an agent or signed a shoe deal. It's conceivable he could return to school for another year, but the more likely alternative would be to use the threat of returning to school to demand a trade. 

12 hours ago, Proudfeet said:

Feels like we are talking past each other. I get that your point is that Curry is the most important, but I'm not contesting that. It just annoys me that stats are misrepresented frequently.

This is the last I’ll say of this. No, it is not a misrepresentation. The stat was not cherry-picked. Everything I’ve found on the Googles indicates that Steph has literally only lost once when KD wasn’t playing. This is a team that went 73-9 without KD, after all.

1 hour ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

There's a bit of speculation that Zion may not end up in New Orleans after all. Still hasn't hired an agent or signed a shoe deal. It's conceivable he could return to school for another year, but the more likely alternative would be to use the threat of returning to school to demand a trade. 

Honestly this is the rare instance in which isn’t not a bad idea to stay an extra year. NO is probably the worst place he could have landed, and that’s before we even consider anything about the team or the organization. Zion’s weight might be the thing that ultimately undoes him, and NO is a city that can make you gain 10 pounds on a weeklong vacation.  

I wanted to come here and say that I seem to owe Brook Lopez an apology for mocking him for years. But then nope. Last night was his season high in both points and rebounds, and he scored more last night than he did in the previous series.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Would you be saying that if the Knicks got the top pick?

I mean, who am i to tell someone else that they HAVE to take a job? I'd be pissed, probably for a long time, but im not...insane? 

12 minutes ago, Relic said:

I mean, who am i to tell someone else that they HAVE to take a job? I'd be pissed, probably for a long time, but im not...insane? 

I mean, I was mostly joking, but I’d expect any fan to be pissed.

Frankly, I don’t get why Knicks fans are acting so poorly. You only had a 14% shot at Zion, and there’s actually a good chance that he turns out to be a bust, either due to injury or to the fact that his game might not translate. And really, you still have a great shot at getting AD. You can sign 2 max deals and flip the 3rd pick, Knox, future picks and then some players to match salaries.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I mean, I was mostly joking, but I’d expect any fan to be pissed.

Frankly, I don’t get why Knicks fans are acting so poorly. You only had a 14% shot at Zion, and there’s actually a good chance that he turns out to be a bust, either due to injury or to the fact that his game might not translate. And really, you still have a great shot at getting AD. You can sign 2 max deals and flip the 3rd pick, Knox, future picks and then some players to match salaries.

i cant speak for anyone else but i never thought we were getting him. Its the Knicks. We're cursed until someone slams a silver spike into Dolan's black heart. 

3 minutes ago, Relic said:

i cant speak for anyone else but i never thought we were getting him. Its the Knicks. We're cursed until someone slams a silver spike into Dolan's black heart. 

My advice is to start a GoFundMe for an 18 month, North America-Europe-Asia leg tour for his awful band. Keep him away and he can’t meddle.  

12 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

This is the last I’ll say of this. No, it is not a misrepresentation. The stat was not cherry-picked. Everything I’ve found on the Googles indicates that Steph has literally only lost once when KD wasn’t playing. This is a team that went 73-9 without KD, after all.

It isn't unusual for people to repeat the same misrepresented statistic. I don't know why you are so hard up on the one loss anyway, even in the extremely unlikely event that he lost all fourteen games unaccounted for, he would still have a 2:1 win ratio over Durant's 1:1.

In fact, I did the hard work for you.

Durant is 28-18 without Curry. 
Curry is 29-4 without Durant (31-4 incl last two games). 

Thu, Mar 2, 2017
Wed, Mar 8, 2017

Fri, Mar 10, 2017

Thu, Feb 28, 2019

21 minutes ago, Triskele said:

A 17 point lead a few seconds into the second half is nothing to Golden State.  

Yeah, this is just (one of) the reasons that GSW is so fucking hard to beat in a series. Their opponent has to score at such a high level consistently because if they don't, GSW can erase most leads in a ridiculously short stretch at any point. It's so hard to keep up with without regressing to mean. 

51 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

Yeah, this is just (one of) the reasons that GSW is so fucking hard to beat in a series. Their opponent has to score at such a high level consistently because if they don't, GSW can erase most leads in a ridiculously short stretch at any point. It's so hard to keep up with without regressing to mean. 

Also because they can lose one of the five best players in the league and still cruise to victory because Kevin Durant ruined the NBA.

Archived